Cornwall Football Forum

Games ON 16-03-13

Nope, not sure y they should, my dads the manager, we've both been with the club for years.

Apart from Carl's short spell at town, I've been here since duchy prem when we won the junior cup.

All the players are treated the same. All we get is a drink behind the bar from our sponsor. Which every1 is more then happy with, were all best mates, and bringing money in or having some players getting paid, others not or less would cause arguments between the side, so the easiest way is to not pay.

Think I've had this conversation before. Lol

Ricks, it's like banging your head against a brick wall mate!! We don't get paid at helston yet people can't seem to understand you can be successful without paying! Yesterday we had no game so basically our team had a day on the lash, we are all mates and will be at our club again today! Just make up some rumours about getting paid! I say that Liam is on £120 a game!! And Goldie is on £65 per goal! Lol

I work behind the bar at Helston FC and I'm good mates with a lot of the team, and I can genuinely say that I've never seen a team with such good team cohesion and togetherness! Go out together pretty much every week, most of them in their track suits! Always in the bar for a pint after training as well. And more importantly a brilliant bunch of footballers, buzzing for the Cup Final!

Jhb I'm a bit stuck here! If I say no helston don't pay you'll call me a liar but if I say yes helston do pay then ill be lying! I would love to get paid for something I enjoy doing. But I don't! Please come to a game and you will see helston have something more special than turning to play getting their pay packet and leaving again!! I will clarify helston do NOT get paid but please feel free to carry on thinking we do. What we get is free travel to a match in terms of a coach so I'm not sure if that counts!?!

Follower...maybe everyone else is getting paid?

Seriously though. Like a post above says, I know a lot of the Helston squad, and they do have a great team bond and love showing those tracksuits off in Tesco. Whether they, or any other club, gets paid or pays out is irrelevant. And a lot of the moaning comes from teams jealous of their position.

Best of luck for the rest of the season and in your final.

Well said quiksilver, however I think some of the Helston players/management might care a bit because its completely knocking what the club are doing, if we were languishing around mid table with exactly the same squad nobody would even mention money. But it happens to be quite a successful time at Helston as we are going for the league, in the senior cup final and throgmorton semi final. Soon as a team is a success people instantly assume there must be money, but I can assure you, at Helston there isn't a penny for players. The club is doing it the right way, so I think some people should show a bit more respect. I think a few people should come to our club at the weekends, and see us all together having a laugh, Saturdays and Sundays, we're a close knit squad and that's what it's all about!

This was on Saturday when we had no game!! Jamie Thomson was taking the photo and Liam Eddy was, free of charge, putting his carpentry skills to good use by putting a wall and door around our new boilers!! And no we weren't there picking up our pay packets lol

What's that brown envelope sticking out of your pocket.

Sids and Richie have done a great job at the club. It's about time Helston had a sports team to be proud of, not since the glory days of the rugby team playing at Twickers has it seen any great success. Keep it up, and one day we hope to be playing at that standard with you.

Well said quiksilver, however I think some of the Helston players/management might care a bit because its completely knocking what the club are doing, if we were languishing around mid table with exactly the same squad nobody would even mention money. But it happens to be quite a successful time at Helston as we are going for the league, in the senior cup final and throgmorton semi final. Soon as a team is a success people instantly assume there must be money, but I can assure you, at Helston there isn't a penny for players. The club is doing it the right way, so I think some people should show a bit more respect. I think a few people should come to our club at the weekends, and see us all together having a laugh, Saturdays and Sundays, we're a close knit squad and that's what it's all about!

Exactly right Mark. Good to see the rivalry of Port and Helston back in place as well. Helston are a club on the up and good luck to them.