Cornwall Football Forum

Luke McCormick.

Well he hasnt done a lot at Truro City they still carried on losing ,I still do not think he should ever be allowed on a football pitch he deprived those 2 young lads of ever playing football again ,it makes me so mad hes still out there if he had killed my boy by drink driving lets put it this way i wouldnt let him get away with it his sentence was a joke my mate is just coming to the end of a 10 year old sentence and he never killed anyone .

I not condemning what he did,but in the 70s it was just a done thing to drink drive,after I took my job as an ambulance man aged 27 I then stopped and never have since ,but only for the grace of god that I could have been therein Luke's position ,but then if any body that has had there say on here has had a perfect life and done no wrong then ok then

I don't understand the part where "he shouldn't be allowed on a football pitch"?! So, he comes out of prison and he's not allowed to earn a living? So should that be the same for everyone coming out of prison? If you we're a plumber, you never should be allowed to fit a boiler ever again!! Ludicrous, he's got to live with the consequences of his actions, but at least let him work for a living.

Same was said about Lee Hughes but these guys are required to be accepted back into society.

100% Cornish, your friend doesn't get a 10 year sentance for nothing, what good company U keep. I'm a parent of 3 and don't condone what he did but he didn't say give me 4 years he was told that what hes got, is ur friend gonna do the same job he did before he got sent down ????

In any other work environment except sport or being self employed who would employ somebody who has that conviction hanging over them for the rest of their working career? Hes very lucky.... Now hes moved on, everybody at the club can move on and hopefully get some more numbers back through the gate. Good luke to Spider today!

In reply to turns my friend got sentenced to 10 years because he was a foster carer and he had with the 15 year old girl he was caring for and he was sentenced to 10 years he was my friend but not anymore i dont condone what he done and deserved his sentence ,he has done the full 10 years he has lost all his family wife and kids and his home and career he has nothing now

.I met Luke mcCormack many a time when i have gone to watch Argyle play and he was a real nice bloke ,but he knew what he was doing when he got into his car over the drink limit and crashed killing those 2 young boys and my opinion is he shouldnt of been allowed back into football like i said in my previous post if he had crashed into my car killing my son he wouldnt be playing football for anyone he wouldnt be doing nothing .

All a bit silly really. The man has served his sentence as handed down by a court of law.

We may not agree with it - but its a fact...the sentence has been served. Where are own family is involved, of course we feel that it should be more, and if not - we would seek our own retribution. That of course would not happen, but it is easily said...not so easily done.

This was an absolute tragedy, make no bones about that, but, he did not get into the vehicle with the intention of causing an accident. That is why the sentence to many was too lenient, but if you did the same thing - you would be treated the same - no intent.

The fella who got the ten years had intent - big difference - reflected in the sentence.

Luke will regret and never forget what he did that day, he will never forgive himself either, and will beat himself up on many ocassions. I doubt he will laugh much for the rest of his life either.

It will be inescapable for him to bury his demons, as, everytime he picks up a newspaper, or is watching the news, when the next drink driver tragedy occurs it will be there again.

We have all done it !!! there but for the grace of god go I.

He is of course allowed to ply his trade again, as said, if he was a plumber, would he not be allowed to do that again, to say otherwise is nonsense.

Nothing he, or I, or you can do or write can ever correct that mistake, the little men are gone.

People who know them can support the family - no more. We can stop going on about it and keep dragging it up, as that only prolongs the agony.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="newlyneastno.10" data-cid="229377" data-time="1359796426"><p>

If it was my lil girl he had killed drink driving then trust me this topic wouldnt even been on here and nor would he ever get near a football pitch again!!!!!</p></blockquote>

Some statement, perhaps you would end up with a jail sentence yourself? I wonder if St Newlyn would accept you back after that!

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="newlyneastno.10" data-cid="229377" data-time="1359796426"><p>

If it was my lil girl he had killed drink driving then trust me this topic wouldnt even been on here and nor would he ever get near a football pitch again!!!!!</p></blockquote>

Some statement, perhaps you would end up with a jail sentence yourself? I wonder if St Newlyn would accept you back after that!

Wouldn't expect to be allowed back! But would be worth the sacrifice!!!!

Luke McCormack has served his sentence and will have to live with the consequences of his actions on his conscience for the rest of his life. His crime was to stupidly get into his car and drive under the influence of alcohol, which unfortunately for him, and more importantly, the victims, turned out to have catestrophic consequences. I find it s a bit sad when people want to stick the boot into him for the rest of his life, like he is some kind of monster. It wasn't a pre-meditated murder it was an error of judgement which reslted in an terrible accident. It sounds like you would all like to stone the guy to death if you had your way. But that will not bring the victims back and will only heap more misery on the McCormack's own children and family who must have suffered enough already. Some people would do well to learn to understand the virtues of compassion and forgiveness, 2 great qualities in any human being.

I just find it funny that so many people are jumping to his defence when on another thread on this forum there are loads people kicking off bout Penzance signing a player who punched a ref (not that I agree with that either) I'm sure he never set out to punch the ref when the game kicked off yet he should never be allowed to play footy again! But someone who has taken the life of 2 children is ok to sign professional forms?? Sorry but it was no accident he knew he was over drink drive limit yet still drove!!!!!!! And due to this couldn't handle what he was doing!!! That's like saying cos someone was high on drugs when they stabbed someone to death is an accident as they didn't know what they were doing!!!

No its nothing like stabbing somebody to death, that would be Murder, totally different scenario. McCormac did not drive into the family "deliberately" it was an "ACCIDENT". Like I say, he has paid for his mistake and so has his own family so its time to let the guy get on with his life and stop being so judgmental. just my opinion.

The guy who punched the ref should be banned from football doesn't stop him working though, lukes wasn't football related so why shouldn't he play again

My sentiments exactly "turns", everyone who has served a sentence set out by the justice system deserves to be accepted back into society regardless of their profession.

Luke is going to get stick ON THE FORUMS wherever he plays, there are hundreds of comments on the Oxford United forum and across the forums elsewhere, it looked as if comment was exhausted when he came to Truro but nothing like it is now he's joined the big boys for expenses only because Oxford United have to stay within their Salary Cap.

At Truro he had little forum comment and no adverse comment from crowds at other grounds we visited.

He will never be free, his punishment will remain with him for life.