Cornwall Football Forum

Whats Happening at Truro City?

Just seen the following on Twitter

@StewartYetton What appears to be another shambolic chapter lies ahead in my career. Hopefully not another year of the same.

Could this mean that the players will not be paid regularly again this season?

Western Morning News reported last week:

Despite virtually all of the players having to take sizeable pay cuts, it is expected that only a handful of players may move on.

Hopefully we can have a decent adult discussion on this and not turn it into an anti-Truro thread.

The tweet from Stewart Yetton could actually relate to anything really. A tweet or two earlier suggested he had a problem with his new bike, perhaps it was a throwaway comment relating to that disappointment - it's always difficult to judge one liners and dangerous to read too much into them.

As far as Truro City goes and the future - what we are told is that Kevin Heaney is stepping back a little; and alongside this is the strong suggestion that there is a deal at the solicitors stage to involve changes afoot.

Could the tweet had referred to that and perhaps that the deal has hit a snag that is going to undermine the football club prosperity.

Let's hope not, the time has come for the club to move on again and if this is with the help of new faces, so be it. Truro City Football Club has to come first.

Please let's sort it before the season gets too close so that those three or four new player can be signed

Todays West Briton back page,

reads that Truro have still got a lot of problems Players not paid, not turning up for training,even speculation that the new Cheif executive might have been suspended,

is it another question that Mr Heaney may have the money? but he still cannot let people who he

Appoints get on with doing whatever they have been asked to do,

I do truthfully feel sorry for the Truro supporters, they have to put up with all of the problems through no fault of their own,

is the truth really that Mr Heaney is not so well off as we are led to believe.

Hammers :c::mellow: :c:

Suspended? Who by? Clearly if he has done or said anything that the Chairman doesn't like, he'll be out, despite being described by the Chairman as "the most dynamic CEO he has ever known", leaving no-one to do anything for the club. Chairman "out of the County", CEO "suspended", Vice Chairman "doesn't know anything" - and what of last season's much vaunted "board of non-executive directors"? Where are they? Where's the President, the Treasurer, any vestige of a committee like a junior club would have? I'd imagine, this is just an opinion based on the past couple of years, that if anything or anyone has caused any negotiations between the Club (Heaney) and the investment company to stall, it will be the former. If he really want to duck out but wanted the club to survive it would be easy. The players on view in the Argyle match gave much reason for optimism for the coming season. Now look at the club: all that we can hope for is that one of the fans wins the Eurolottery jackpot tomorrow!

Modfather, my views are well known, in your opinion what is the view of the majority of those fans who you would call loyal. If or when the money vanishes, what do the fans think will happen to the football club ? It is a given, that some fans would go elsewhere on a Saturday afternoon, could the remaining fans support a side financially at Step 4 (Southern S&W) or is a further drop anticipated ?

Does anyone outside of the Heaney household know who actually owns the ground, clubhouse and car park ? Does anyone know the level of debt that has been forced on the club. If as is now predicted by most posters, that the end is nigh, these questions will need to be answered so that whoever takes over the reigns, almost certainly a committee of fans, know the extent of the task that awaits them.

This is not knocking anyone, I am concerned that another famous club from the County could be in serious trouble of dropping out of Senior football if action is not taken now. Are there any plans in place so that a club bearing the name of Truro could continue, even at Step 7 if the worse was to happen ?

I wish all the genuine City fans all the best, I hope they still have a club and ground once the financial timebomb goes off and the dust has settled.

I think there will always be a Truro City FC but if the worst happens it will face a Durham City style humiliating season and probable bankruptcy. Finishing bottom and going bankrupt would clatter the club down the levels to I don't know where, but nearer Step 7 than 2! If only there were someone with real money who could step in because if the Club can be saved in its present state but without Heaney its prospects would indeed be promising.

Suspended? Who by? Clearly if he has done or said anything that the Chairman doesn't like, he'll be out, despite being described by the Chairman as "the most dynamic CEO he has ever known", leaving no-one to do anything for the club. Chairman "out of the County", CEO "suspended", Vice Chairman "doesn't know anything" - and what of last season's much vaunted "board of non-executive directors"? Where are they? Where's the President, the Treasurer, any vestige of a committee like a junior club would have? I'd imagine, this is just an opinion based on the past couple of years, that if anything or anyone has caused any negotiations between the Club (Heaney) and the investment company to stall, it will be the former. If he really want to duck out but wanted the club to survive it would be easy. The players on view in the Argyle match gave much reason for optimism for the coming season. Now look at the club: all that we can hope for is that one of the fans wins the Eurolottery jackpot tomorrow!

to be fair you are a tad wrong on this issue, Truro City Football Club has not one but two executive committees ! the first was arranged by the now seemingly suspended Chief Executive and the second was apparently set up by the Vice Chairman because Heaney didn't like the first one, this sums up the total shambles and sheer madness at Truro City FC

As I said in my first post. No smoke without fire!

are you refering to the old stand which caught light last week? Argyle dodged a massive bullet with Heaney, meanwhile we're stuck with him. Webb apparently told the players last night he'd sooner see Truro in Step 7 than sign the club over to the investors. What a morale boosting thing to say. I know the fans are upset but what about the players? in cases livelihoods are being messed around with by Heaney, the man is a disgrace.

A reminder of an earlier press release by the club, from their website:

Kevin Heaney introduces Mark (Woolcock) as ' the most dynamic CEO i (sic) have ever known who will bring stability and help develop the club into a local and national brand that we can all be proud of'. Kevin Heaney recognises that the long term future of any organisation lies in succession planning , and whilst he intends to remain as the Chairman of the football club, he is happy to leave the running of the whole club in Mark's safe hands (my italics).

Vice-Chairman Chris Webb has said "I am looking forward to working with Mark."

Well, that went well, didn't it! It is obvious who is to blame for the lack of any progress with this "investment company". It looks like a case of "I built the sandcastle: it's mine to knock down".

Mountaineer i'm not having a pop at you but do you still support Mr.Heaney?

I'm surprised you have'nt posted on this issue.

Should I condemn someone because they may have a cash flow problem?

if the answer is YES we should all condemn those living in Cardboard City.

I have posted on this matter on 'TigerTalk', I have not posted anything about

Mr Heaney because I am waiting for an Official Club statement, something

others should do if they have a genuine wish for mentioned investors to step

in with a rescue package.

I couldn't reply earlier with time being limited, some spent at the Olympics.

Mountaineer i'm not having a pop at you but do you still support Mr.Heaney?

I'm surprised you have'nt posted on this issue.

Should I condemn someone because they may have a cash flow problem?

if the answer is YES we should all condemn those living in Cardboard City.

I have posted on this matter on 'TigerTalk', I have not posted anything about

Mr Heaney because I am waiting for an Official Club statement, something

others should do if they have a genuine wish for mentioned investors to step

in with a rescue package.

I couldn't reply earlier with time being limited, some spent at the Olympics.

Still wearing the old ROSE COLOURED SPECTACLES. :P

For months if not longer I have made my feelings quite clear, if retaining ones human and social values is sitting on the fence then I am guilty as charged. Those shouting the loudest on CSF have from day one been willing to take, take, take feeding off the gravy train whilst harming the club with their anti Heaney postings.

The club finds itself in a similar position now to what it was when Kevin Heaney came on to the scene, the ground position now is critical but without the Heaney involvement the same scenario may have been reached years ago. Much is made about those who jumped on the bandwagon, what they were doing was following their inner passion to see a better class of football than that served up by the run of the mill clubs in Cornwall.

Like everyone else, I am not privvy to any financial information at Truro City Football Club Ltd or any of the companies within the same group of companies, the same applies to how the groups assets are being used to plug the gaps that appear to be getting more on a daily basis, what we do know is Truro City's rise up the football Pyramid cost a fortune as does competing in the Conference, with the world economy in chaos company's have been hit hard, I believe many thought it was a glitch easily rectified in a short time, I think this countries economy is in a worse state than we are being told with businesses suffering, Kevin ploughed a fortune into Truro City, we have a good idea how, but he has by all accounts lost a fortune at the same time, there are no winners in what's going on.

Many who condemn Mr Heaney admit he loves the football club, I think that love has driven him to continue in his efforts to make funds available something he appears not to be able to do at the speed required, backed into a corner he now finds difficult to get out of, hindsight is a wonderful thing, I am sure if the Heaney period was starting now, Kevin would do most things differently and the mistakes made during those good years wouldn't have been made or so many good people discarded.

He tried to plough a lone furrow, now that has failed I am not calling for his head, HE TRIED, gave us some good years, at a price or was that price inevitable whether he came on board or not, with those splinters needing attention I am off for an alcoholic beverage, whilst there if Kevin walks in I'll ask him if he wants a drink.

I know when I go to my next City game many will make their feelings known to me, I have had it before but I can hold my head high whilst retaining those human and social values I mentioned when I started.

SEVEN DAYS - I think in seven days there could still be a Truro City with the players still on board.

_____._______ If not Kevin would have failed but NOT for the want of trying to save the club.

I WILL WAIT FOR AN OFFICIAL STATEMENT FROM MR HEANEY BEFORE GETTING OFF THIS FENCE.