Cornwall Football Forum

Stadium Plans Announced

WestBriton © : Stadium Plans Announced - No Funding From Cornwall Council..

http://t.co/obJX9kSQ

I'm surprised to hear Truro City FC will not be one of the stakeholders.

Are the developers Inox Group and Exemplar Projects (Truro) associated with Kevin Heaney?

Dicky Evans of Cornish Pirates must be funding alot of the project. Is the plan more to get a ground capable of hosting Premiership Rugby than League football?

I personally support any private investment in Cornwall. As long as my council tax doesn't go up as a result.

Lets not make this into a Anti Truro topic please! Sensible debate

... and where do Truro & Penwith College get their funding from ?. Public funds again supporting private ventures. No, No & No again !

However, it looks better than previous proposals so far, the Park & Ride will be available at weekends so no need for annoying the neighbours, there isn't any !

Now all Truro City fans need to do, is ensure that Treyew Road is NOT sold and the jobs a good 'un.

Taken from Cllr Andrew Wallis Blog - 16 Feb 2012 - Link

Next Wednesday (22nd Feb) at Cornwall Council’s Environment and Economy OSC, the details and plans for the Stadium for Cornwall will be discussed. This meeting is likely to attract a lot of attention because it will be the first time Councillors outside of the Cabinet have had the chance to discuss this project.

The Strategic Planning Committee, which I am a member of, passed outlining planning permission for this stadium a few months ago. It is no secret I supported these plans for various reasons, but I still had concerns on who, and how, this stadium will be paid for. In the report for discussion (click HERE) it clearly lists the costs and who will be footing the bill for the 10,000 seat stadium.

The finance for this stadium project will come from three main sources. These are Inox Group & Exemplar Projects (Truro) Ltd, Truro & Penwith College and the Cornish Pirates Rugby Football Club Ltd. They will form a new delivery company called Cornwall Community Stadium Ltd (CCSL). The capital cost for a 10,000 capacity stadium (including all stands and a mezzanine floor) is approximately £15,200,000. The cost of construction can be met in the majority by the individual members of CCSL. If further funding is required, this will be sort from borrowing. Interestingly, Cornwall Council is clearly identified as not being a source of funding (outside of what they have already committed).

The plans and facilities for the stadium are as follows:

• 10,000 capacity stadium – of which 4,200 will be seated in the main (West) stand and delivered in the first phase. The remainder will ultimately be covered standing/seating, potentially in a later phase as temporary/de-mountable provision;
  • Compliant with the requirements of Premier Rugby and the Football League;
  • West Stand to include facilities for Truro and Penwith College, including: Business centre space (for their exclusive use) on the mezzanine level; dual-use of 15 no. corporate boxes/hospitality space/teaching space; training kitchens on the first floor; frontage at ground floor level
  • Club Shop and Ticket Office,
  • Club Facilities (inc. changing rooms, medical & anti-doping facilities and offices)
  • Ground floor public bar area
  • Cornwall Community Stadium Ltd office
  • Floodlights
  • Press seating for 30 people & press conference room
  • Control Room in accordance with the Green Guide
  • Parking for cars and buses

Personally, from reading this report, this plan looks exciting and if it all happens it will be a great asset to Cornwall. Of course there of those who are against these plans due to the location, costs etc. One of the biggest issues which needs to be addressed is highways. Another is of the flight-path of the near-by aerodrome. I hope these concerns can be overcome in a sensible way without the need for a long and expensive legal battle.

However, will there be a sting in the tail? You see the plans for discussion are in two parts. The first part being discussed in full public view. The other part will be discussed in closed session. It is the closed session that will be the really interesting part. Who know what’s in that part of the report, as that has not been sent to any Councillor yet.

Next week is sure going to be busy!

Sorry but i cant see this becoming more than a white elephant, especially in the summer months when football and rugby are not being played and are both sports going to be played on the one pitch cos we have all seen that a rugby pitch is not condusive to football - longer grass etc.

The point about putting Cornwall on the map - now I am a proud cornishman but lets be realistic - a shiney new stadium does not move Cornwall to another part of the country - we are still a long way from the 'rest of civilisation' and do you all really think that a stadium is going to improve players locally and also attract people down here to play in lieu of massive financial incentives????

Space for the colleges? Does that mean they are part funding this project? LEA money? Council money? Ultimately is will be us that pays - it is just somantics how it is portrayed by the council et al.

Will this mean that the stadium will be used by everyone - will all the county finals be played there? If so then clubs will lose the revenue of hosting finals at their grounds - is it just the city of truro getting richer to the detriment of the rest of the county.

Lastly, it appears that some of it will be built in phases - just look what happened at Argyle - part will get built then the money will be used elsewhere and what was a 10,000 seater becomes a 3,000 seater half finished.

I for one dont really see how this benefits the WHOLE county.

Sorry lads but it seems that none of you have read this weeks West Briton,

there appears to be a fly in the ointment, the Local small airport,

this is going to take time to sort out, as the airport owner is claiming that he has not been consulted on the matter, & has said that there is danger with aircraft flying low into the airport or taking off,

Remember the small airport was there first,

When Falmouth town applied to have the flood lights put up,

the Bungallows behind objected, they were told that the Club was there before the Bungallows,

& they could not prevent the Lights going up,

So this could go on for quite awhile before it is solved,

Hammers :c::mellow: :c:

I asked on the "Tigertalk" forum Who are Inox ? no one appears to know.

I tracked Inox to EXETER (that rings a few alarm bells - but for what?),

I searched their website, despite mentioning their business interests NOT ONE NAME appears,

It is a company that appears to prefer anominity, No mention of a Chairman, directors or anyone else.

There was a mention that they tend to build houses in groups of 600 completing 100 a year,

with 1500 to build at Threemilestone that could take 15 years.

SO ................................................... Who are I N O X ?

I asked on the "Tigertalk" forum Who are Inox ? no one appears to know.

I tracked Inox to EXETER (that rings a few alarm bells - but for what?),

I searched their website, despite mentioning their business interests NOT ONE NAME appears,

It is a company that appears to prefer anominity, No mention of a Chairman, directors or anyone else.

There was a mention that they tend to build houses in groups of 600 completing 100 a year,

with 1500 to build at Threemilestone that could take 15 years.

SO ................................................... Who are I N O X ?

Also from the INOX website, I found this....

"Our company ethos is based on a thoughtful, caring and responsible approach to development. We recognise the need to generate respect, trust and understanding. We know we must earn the right to advance by demonstrating these values in our actions."

That would suggest that Heaney is NOT involved directly.

le boss you have liam eddy at your club and he was given the chance at truro a chance he would not have had if it was,nt for the likes of heaney and truro aiming to go higher, no-one criticised helston on their attempt to move up. it will not effect helston so try and show some support for those trying to make headway

le boss you have liam eddy at your club and he was given the chance at truro a chance he would not have had if it was,nt for the likes of heaney and truro aiming to go higher, no-one criticised helston on their attempt to move up. it will not effect helston so try and show some support for those trying to make headway

Perhaps i have not explained myself very well - I was not criticising anyone, least of all Truro F.C. and Heaney - I was merely asking general questions - I dont support the plan full stop and it is nothing to do with who is proposing it. I have just re-read my original post - perhaps you should

Here's a question.

Will these partners pull out of building the stadium if they don't get permission to build all those houses on the outskirts of Truro?

Also how will Mr Heaney get around the rule that Treyew Road has to be used for football if he wants a supermarket to build on the site and Truro City will used the ground rent to help pay their running costs?

Will Penwith and Truro Colleges be moving their sports courses into the new stadium if it is built?