Cornwall Football Forum

City survive

It has been tweeted by several in the know, that City have paid their tax bill in full. So why not do it on time and save the taxpayer money by not having HMRC take them to court in the first place ?

Let's hope that he has the balls to say sorry to all the supporters he has cheesed off, the businesses he failed to pay and ensure that everything is done properly in future. Truro City FC are not a rich mans plaything, they deserve better.

Keep the faith TISA, you have friends elsewhere.

QUOTE - "There are no other creditors chasing Truro City FC at all although we are chasing people that owe us money," chairman Kevin Heaney toldBBC South West.

"We shall be vigorously chasing people that owe us money which runs way beyond six figures and had these companies paid us then our issues wouldn't have arisen in the first place"

Who can be owing Truro up to 6 figures. Sponsors, pop bottle recyclers....? Don't believe that. Makes it sound good.

Guest smashing pumpkin

QUOTE - "There are no other creditors chasing Truro City FC at all although we are chasing people that owe us money," chairman Kevin Heaney toldBBC South West.

"We shall be vigorously chasing people that owe us money which runs way beyond six figures and had these companies paid us then our issues wouldn't have arisen in the first place"

Who can be owing Truro up to 6 figures. Sponsors, pop bottle recyclers....? Don't believe that. Makes it sound good.

i thought he was the person who owed some local buisness money??????

i thought he was the person who owed some local buisness money??????

Well we all know Heaney is lying, he owes Cornish companies thousand of Pounds, rather strange that it is only now that Heaney says that he is owed money he makes it sound that if he is paid all that he is owed he will be a rich man again, Well he may be able to fool some of the Cornish People some of the time but not all of the Cornish People all of the time, Now where have I heard that saying before.

Hammers :c::mellow: :c:

References to money owed to the club are a new angle and extremely poor PR by Mr Heaney who has made so many silly PR mistakes since the crash of his building empire. So is the use of the expression "carry on as usual" because that means not paying the players! Was the transfer embargo only to do with the winding up order or is it partly to do with players not being paid? If that is part of it then don't expect the embargo to be lifted any time soon. Winding up might have been a blessing in disguise as it would have knocked the daft idea of hiring the stadium for Cornwall on the head. It would have probably separated any football in Truro from Mr Heaney and attracted other investors. It sounds like the support base was interested enough to ensure football caried on in Truro - a fresh start. Instead, although there is the short-term prospect of continued good football in Truro, as long as the current Chairman continues to have the last say medium and long-term prospects are bleak. Meanwhile, Falmouth Town are making ambitious noises. I bet they have learned a lot by keeping an ear to the ground at Truro!

Darlington are so close to going under after sacking their playing staff and manager today yet a minority on here are bad mouthing Truro over monies that should have been paid and are now paid.

Football is a business that has seen established clubs go under with Chester and Rushden & Diamonds to name a couple. Innocent people lost their livelihoods and potentially houses when their job has gone and in this climate employment is hard to come by.

Many companies struggle with HMRC not just in football. Everybody knows there's been a recession. This could be due to ignorance and not paying or HMRC maybe putting in an invoice with unforeseen amounts. Invoices have terms but I bet most of you have a credit card you haven't paid in full that month and left a balance carried over.

I'm a Plymouth fan and I only know too well what could have been which is why this subject annoys me badly. Yes Heaney hasn't gone about it the right way but being even slightly gutted a club has been saved, you are not a football fan. Take a look at yourself and think how you would feel if YOUR club was in this position.

i take it this is a early April Fools Joke