Cornwall Football Forum

Yesterday's Gate

455 was the official gate and a very disappointing one too! Does this suggest that Cornish folk just aren't interested in the chance to see a better standard or is it only when success is also there. Truro were getting more to watch the formality of them hammering some Western League Division One side 8-0!

Just generally not interested to be honest with you Dave!!

I think there's obviously a fair few that don't go because of one man!

Fine on the first count, although I think some fair-weathered football followers would go along if the team was going to win a trophy - success does bring in people.

And definitely right on the second comment - I think the club would get a real boost if some fresh/replacement director/investor blood was injected.

And better marketing of the product would surely improve things, but again this could be hindered because of the second comment as well!

However 16 matches in Round 1 had lower gates than Truro.

It was good to go and see a club from the fifth tier of English Football. Thought Truro played really well considering they had key players out injured. However Ebbsfleet were a good side, with pace and skill allied to taking the chances that came their way, what you would expect from a Conference Premier side.