Cornwall Football Forum

AFC St Austell V Helston Athletic AFC

AFC St Austell V Helston Athletic AFC

Senior cup action returns to Poltair Park on Saturday the 3rd of December KO 13.30.

Match sponsors - Liddicoat Sanderson and Potter

Syd Taylor has built a good squad at Helston and should be a difficult tie for the Lillywhites.

Hope to see a large crowd.

Regards

Money Man

Perhaps, but big difference between prem and div 1 west .

As they say nothing isnt possible, there is a slight difference between Premier and SW1 and that is money.

Truro came to your place earlier in the season and won in the throgmorton cup, comfortably with no first team players in the squad so helston will be just as tough, but good luck to AFC st austell.

Oh yeah, I forgot....we only win when we have our own lino!!

Be fair, he was your best defender and worth 12 points in the West Div.

Anyway, for those that do turn up at Poltair, it will be a lively game, Helston are one of those in your faces, never let you have time on the ball sides, I'm sure the ref will be in full control.

Ha Ha. That's a bit rich coming from a Newquay fan. Your club linesman certainly saved your bacon at Vospers!!!!!!!

I think you'll find the ref was at fault for that one, I'm sure next weeks return fixture will be just as good.

Well according to the appointments the game has 2 neutral assistants on the game, so should be no arguments.

in the throgmorton liskeard v truro you would of thought would have two nuetrals and didn't so maybe it was an agreement between both clubs. Nanks did I imply that you only win when you have club lino?

Im being curious as to your next game knowing that club linesmen may not necessarily be qualified to referee the game if the worst was to happen but as mr manning says the website says neutral.

There is a big difference between the Premier & West divisions over the season but in cup games anything could happen. The top sides, playing well, in the West can beat anyone on their day....and St.Austell know that better than anyone whilst winning the Senior Cup in 2009 when in the West Div and beating several good prem sides along the way!!

Ha Ha. That's a bit rich coming from a Newquay fan. Your club linesman certainly saved your bacon at Vospers!!!!!!!

I think you'll find the ref was at fault for that one, I'm sure next weeks return fixture will be just as good.

Looking at the photos, nobody was at fault. Have a look at where the Ref is for any corner kick, and you will realise that the Ref in the VOV v Newquay was in the same position.

I hope St Austell win, and then we won't have to read the same old drivel about how poor the Ref was. :c:

Unfortunately and in my opinion there is little difference between the good division west teams and the majority of the prem sides. The quality of football is not that great throughout all the leagues in Cornwall until you get to the top teams at least.

Helston are well organised but St Austell is a difficult place to go to so it should be a hard game of football for both teams, no doubt difficult for the neutral referees as well.

There seems little point slating other teams and leagues when its just a game of football and surely its better to wait until after the game to talk about it. Afterall, the result is all that matters come 5pm this afternoon.

Sorry -

See Blazey off (at least they won't lose this weekend ^_^ ) so all up to Poltair!!

But Dan says they all support Newquay now.

Sorry - forgot that!

Should be a good game at Mount Wise - The Peppermints could have a good run if they get through today and have a favourable draw.

Money man can you confirm if what I Heard is correct but for some poor finishing Helston should of won and were the better team.

Was impressed with Helston and the team that Sid Taylor has put together.

Yes they had some decent chances but as Sid said to me afterwards St Austell just edged it.

Helston are a team to look out for in the future, a really well run club with some excellent people behind the scenes, SWP Prem look out.

Best of luck Helston .

MM