Cornwall Football Forum

SWPL Results Sat.22nd. Oct.

The new signing wasnt available and two goalkeepers were injured. What can you say.

So with a left back in goal we played some decent football but we didnt threaten enough. On a number of occasions we had freekicks and were putting the ball in the box while 7 players were in and around the centre circle. I supose after conceding 20 goals in 3 games we were always going to be a bit negative. Have to say I thought they were there for the taking. Didnt think Camelford were very special. Sadly we coudnt take advantage. 0-0 at H.T. Second half all going nicly when a simple clearance was left and it went for a corner.....result goal. Simple mistake.....punished. ? In the final few minutes we pushed hard and the linesman on the far side gave a few dodgy offsides!! The breakaway goal in the final minute wrapped up the 3 points.

Bodmin at home on wednesday. Prediction....Defeat.

Royal Marines away on saturday. Prediction....38 pointer...............got to win, end of story!!!

Camelford, nice little set up. Pitch looked great. All the surrounding areas well kept. Crowd of 55. 20 odd from St Blazey. Was expecting a few more there i must admit.

St Dennis 1-2 Penryn Athletic

Saints goal:

Carl Rickard

Penryn goals:

Greg Hobbs

Dan Richardson

What can I say...we (St Dennis) were mighty unfortunate not to get at least a draw out of this game today, we had about 75% of possesion throughout but nothing seemed to fall right for us at the right times. That's football I suppose, a lot of positives taken from the game tho. All the best to Penryn for the rest of the season, I have a few mates down there and they are all a great bunch of lads, great management team and a great side. All the best guys.

St Dennis 1-2 Penryn Athletic

Saints goal:

Carl Rickard

Penryn goals:

Greg Hobbs

Dan Richardson

What can I say...we (St Dennis) were mighty unfortunate not to get at least a draw out of this game today, we had about 75% of possesion throughout but nothing seemed to fall right for us at the right times. That's football I suppose, a lot of positives taken from the game tho. All the best to Penryn for the rest of the season, I have a few mates down there and they are all a great bunch of lads, great management team and a great side. All the best guys.

Oh well, only Newquay away on Tuesday night. Looking forward to it, last time the sides met it was 5-5.

The new signing wasnt available and two goalkeepers were injured. What can you say.

So with a left back in goal we played some decent football but we didnt threaten enough. On a number of occasions we had freekicks and were putting the ball in the box while 7 players were in and around the centre circle. I supose after conceding 20 goals in 3 games we were always going to be a bit negative. Have to say I thought they were there for the taking. Didnt think Camelford were very special. Sadly we coudnt take advantage. 0-0 at H.T. Second half all going nicly when a simple clearance was left and it went for a corner.....result goal. Simple mistake.....punished. ? In the final few minutes we pushed hard and the linesman on the far side gave a few dodgy offsides!! The breakaway goal in the final minute wrapped up the 3 points.

Bodmin at home on wednesday. Prediction....Defeat.

Royal Marines away on saturday. Prediction....38 pointer...............got to win, end of story!!!

Camelford, nice little set up. Pitch looked great. All the surrounding areas well kept. Crowd of 55. 20 odd from St Blazey. Was expecting a few more there i must admit.

Agree with most of what you say Paul, poorest i've seen Camels play all season, at times it looked as if they had never played together before, couldn't pass the ball 10 yards without giving it away, although Blazey did hustle and bustle which forced mistakes. Blazey played some decent stuff at times but lacked punch up front, if they keep playing like this and can find a striker they should win a few as from what i've seen so far, apart from top six or seven the leagues not that great.

The club need to do all they can to support BO in my opinion as I can't imagine the Blazey committee choosing to replace him as the egg would be on their faces and not BO's face. Especially after they went back to him cap in hand having removed him for Hooper after his first season in charge.

To reply to Simon Taylor re St Blazey goal keeper on saturday, Bob Oaten had a goal keeper arranged on friday evening but when team got to arranged pick up point there was no sign of him they waited half an hour and he did not show, Vanners volunteered to go in goal and good on him!Its about time people got behind Bob and players instead of keep having a dig!This young side needs some older heads to give it some help, but for one reason or another they don't seem to want to play for the green and blacks (this is another matter!), but this does not mean any lack of effort on Bob's part in trying to get this calibre of player, in meantime we should give the team our support.

I don't think that the loyal 50 or so Blazey fans who have stuck by them are knocking Bobby or the players. Trust me, the Newquay supporters know both sides of the Blazey saga, we have been suffering for years as they are now. We are also now seeing some highs, just as they have done in the past.

I won't serve on our committee again, been there done it twice and bought the club some shirts. However, my time and money still goes to the club in other ways. I may not be a drinker or darts player, but I run the website, do most of the programme, donate kits, scarves and do various other things. There must be ways of Blazey fans to get involved without sitting on the Committee.

Perhaps the Blazey boys could raise funds and hand it to Bobby directly or have a whip round for a Man of the Match award (cash or pints) for a deserving player, they would appreciate it. Whatever happens, stick by YOUR football club, it dosn't matter how far down they go, it is still your TEAM and your Saturdays would be the poorer for not supporting them. Ask any current Argyle fan !

It's not a dig. Just couldn't believe it when I got up at camelford to see our left back in goal. But now I know the reason behind it I understand. I know bob is trying his best but I just can't see him attracting any decent players! We have to give him a chance but i think we will be struggling to stay up :(

I don't think that the loyal 50 or so Blazey fans who have stuck by them are knocking Bobby or the players. Trust me, the Newquay supporters know both sides of the Blazey saga, we have been suffering for years as they are now. We are also now seeing some highs, just as they have done in the past.

I won't serve on our committee again, been there done it twice and bought the club some shirts. However, my time and money still goes to the club in other ways. I may not be a drinker or darts player, but I run the website, do most of the programme, donate kits, scarves and do various other things. There must be ways of Blazey fans to get involved without sitting on the Committee.

Perhaps the Blazey boys could raise funds and hand it to Bobby directly or have a whip round for a Man of the Match award (cash or pints) for a deserving player, they would appreciate it. Whatever happens, stick by YOUR football club, it dosn't matter how far down they go, it is still your TEAM and your Saturdays would be the poorer for not supporting them. Ask any current Argyle fan !

Ha Ha are you serious ? Newquay should never be used as a comparison to the all conquering Blazey team of old :wacko:

Ha Ha are you serious ? Newquay should never be used as a comparison to the all conquering Blazey team of old :wacko:

I'm no Newquay fan but go back a bit further before St.Blazey had their best years and in the late 70s & 80s Newquay were up there with the very best and had some great players - the Nicholls brothers; Philpy, Dave Ball and Toffee Tummon in defence; Phil Ryder up front and i've no doubt missed loads of others. Many other sides have had great periods we're they've been dominant and Falmouth, Saltash & Liskeard moved on and tested themselves at Western League level with great sucess. Cornish football history didn't start in the 90s you know!!

I'm no Newquay fan but go back a bit further before St.Blazey had their best years and in the late 70s & 80s Newquay were up there with the very best and had some great players - the Nicholls brothers; Philpy, Dave Ball and Toffee Tummon in defence; Phil Ryder up front and i've no doubt missed loads of others. Many other sides have had great periods we're they've been dominant and Falmouth, Saltash & Liskeard moved on and tested themselves at Western League level with great sucess. Cornish football history didn't start in the 90s you know!!

Wow, I now get knocked for having some sympathy with another clubs fans... go read a book - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B0012GFO3Y/ref=sr_1_1_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1319562005&sr=8-1&condition=used