Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Results Thread and Latest Table

Please can you post your results, goal scorers and attendances on this thread please.

Thanks

Cornwall Combination League

Saturday 22nd October

Falmouth Athletic (Ross Bowden 2, Chris Mulroy, Steve Kellow) 4-3 Newquay Reserves (Jake Hartigan, Jodie Dean, Ben Colquhoun)

Att - 25

Hayle Reserves (Ben Reddock, Craig Rennard) 2-2 Wendron United (Ryan Tressider, Josh Hoon)

Att - 25

Holman SC 0-4 Mullion (Jacob Lugg, Will Duke, Dan Thomas, Keith Jacka)

Att - 30

Illogan RBL (Dominic Pullen 2, Adam Calloway, Ian Cullingham, Simon Ellis) 5-2 Perranwell (Barry Leete, Chris Madely)

Att - 50

Pendeen Rovers (Josh Mooney) 1-1 St Day (Shane Richards)

Att - 50

Penzance Reserves 0-10 Falmouth Town Reserves (Chris Morris 3, Luke Wort 2, Steve Brewer 2, Mike Brewer, Bobby Bryant, Jake Harvey)

Att - 35

Porthleven Reserves (David Rogers, Nick Perry) 2-5 Penryn Athletic Reserves (Wade Brown 2, Tom Aanear, Jowan May, OG)

Att - 45

RNAS Culdrose (Martin McBeath 2, Michael Clarke) 3-1 St Ives Town (Joel McWilliams)

Att - 25

Troon (Ashley Smeeth 2, Darren Browning, Jason Smeeth) 4-1 St Just (Neil Curnow)

Att - 45

POS TEAM PL W D L F A GD PTS

1 PENRYN ATHLETIC RESERVES 15 10 4 1 44 16 28 34

2 FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES 12 8 2 2 50 14 36 26

3 ILLOGAN RBL 11 6 4 1 26 13 13 22

4 ST IVES TOWN 11 7 1 3 25 12 13 22

5 ST AGNES 9 6 3 0 18 9 9 21

6 RNAS CULDROSE 13 6 3 4 32 32 0 20

7 WENDRON UNITED 11 5 3 3 20 19 1 18

8 HAYLE RESERVES 13 5 3 5 25 26 -1 18

9 FALMOUTH ATHLETIC 10 5 2 3 32 18 14 17

10 NEWQUAY RESERVES 12 4 4 4 26 26 0 16

11 PENDEEN ROVERS 10 4 3 3 23 17 6 15

12 PERRANWELL 11 4 2 5 31 26 5 14

13 TROON 10 4 2 4 20 20 0 14

14 ST JUST 9 3 2 4 21 19 2 11

15 PORTHLEVEN RESERVES 15 3 2 10 25 49 -24 11

16 ST DAY 11 2 4 5 15 26 -11 10

17 MULLION 10 2 2 6 21 30 -9 8

18 HOLMAN SC 12 1 3 8 13 40 -27 6

19 PENZANCE RESERVES 15 0 1 14 12 69 -57 1

i really hope the young striker from troon has a speedy recovery as he looks like a good prospect! as for the game,well we were house and were caught asleep in the first 20 minutes and troon finished all 3 early chances very well! we came back with a goal from myself only for them to kick off and score straight away. we ended the game with ten men and for once not for a sending off, having made all 3 subs and having an hour off for the bad injury our center half had to go work. very well refereed today by a young ref who was being assessed and got all decisions spot on

Holman 0-4 mullion

Att 30

Massive game for both sides and unfortunatley holmans came up well short. Mullion were 1-0 up at half time and cruised to a well deserved 3 points as simple errors whipped through the home side. Holmans faced with a long hard struggle ahead to climb out of the bottom 2 or face the real possibility of junior football next season.

On another note league positions become meaningless when players are seriously injured and i hope along with the rest of holmans sports club that Ashley smeeth and Liam mooney recover quickly from injuries sustained participating in a game they enjoy on a sat afternoon

Holmans 0 - 4 Mullion

Mullion goalscorers;

Jacob Lugg, Will Duke, Dan Thomas, Keith Jacka

Great debut for Dan Thomas, he was impressive upfront and troubled the Holmans defence all day. Dan Higgins was great at the back for Mullion, he won everything in the air. Will duke was lucky to score, trying to chip the goalkeeper from 30-35 yards, scuffed the shot into0 the bottom corner... He never meant it !!!

Not sure of scorers or crowd, but been told:

Falmouth Albion 4-3 Newquay

how long albion been playing combo?

Newly promoted this season.

Falmouth Athletic DC were promoted not Falmouth Albion.

Apologies, I didn't read that someone else had put the incorrect Falmouth side on the results list. Well done to Falmouth Athletic DC on their promotion to the Combo and their good start to the season.

Of course very early days but I reiterate a post I put on pre season regarding fal ath as a top ten side in their first season of combo . They may yet slip down but I think it goes to show Their is very minimal quality between combo and junior football nowadays keep the run up athletic, well done.

Porthleven were leading 1-0 at half time and worked hard acroos the pitch, silly 5 mins minutes at the start of the second half saw it turn to 2-1 in penryns favour! from then on Port dropped but finished strong! if played the whole game with intensity of first half could of got something out of the game!

just wondering how liam and ashley are getting on with their injuries...hoping they are making swift progress in their recovery.

hope ashley gets luckier than me with his outcome of soft tissue damage to his knee after dislocating it.

ah well...plenty of xbox time without being whinged at by the boss =D

just wondering how liam and ashley are getting on with their injuries...hoping they are making swift progress in their recovery.

hope ashley gets luckier than me with his outcome of soft tissue damage to his knee after dislocating it.

ah well...plenty of xbox time without being whinged at by the boss =D

Does this mean your not joining us on the bike ride tommorow Marcus??....Jeez what a rubbish excuse....man up lol!!! :)

Get Well Soon :drink:

lol, il bring my mobility scooter down just so i can overtake you on your bike huni lol

found out yesterday that my knee was worse than first expected...damage to anterior cruciate & medial collateral ligaments and meniscus cartilege, mri needed to see if surgery required/ and needed rehab programme.

think management it is for me now mate.

good luck with your ride tomorrow, il give you a wave as i watch you go past hayle. x