Cornwall Football Forum

Highlights of Truro City v Dover

The highlights of today's match against Dover have been uploaded to the Piran FIlms website. There is a link to it from the Truro City FC website home page

http://www.trurocityfc.co.uk/

What a great performance and result from the boys. Dave Deacon and I couldn't agree on whether the left back should have been sent off. What do you think?

Mark

SLight glitch on my ad which I will address.

Now having seen the incident again, I definitely stick with my initial thoughts that it was harsh to show Tom Wynter a red.

Certain members of the Dover club didn't think too highly of the decision either, with the club's secretary suggesting to us after the match that the referee Lee Swabey from Plymouth was "going to be in trouble"!

Still no reason for a fellow club member (who dare I add holds a very high profile position within the club) to show so much disrespect towards the assistant referee (even if the lino does come from Camborne :) - only joking Ian!)

I see on the Truro fans forum, the general feeling is that it was a definite red card. But I would expect that.

How about our resident referee contingency on this forum, eg B Manning, giving their neutrak opinions please?

depends which angle you saw it from I guess dave, I was sat behind the goal watching Afful bear down on goal and the Dover lad did get across his man using his shoulder to knock Les off his stride, to be fair he was the last man and took the risk. If it had been one of ours sent off then you'd have probably seen the same reaction off the Truro support, there again a lot of comments on the Truro forum after the Eastleigh game were that the Ref had given a pretty soft penalty decision for us so they're not that unbiased, who'd be a Ref?

IMHO Dover were very disappointing and I expected a greater threat

I echo your thoughts on Dover being disappointing. However I had read somewhere that even they thought their 4-0 victory over Thurrock was flattering.

Too early in the season to predict anything, although I would suggest that Truro will give as good as they get. The only concern would be the depth of their squad when injuries and suspensions really kick in.

No silly yellows yesterday though.

Interesting comment by a Dover supporter on the Dover Forum -

It was funny watching them celebrate , you could have thought that they had won the league, not just beat a team who had 10 men for over an hour and conceded a fumble of a goal, after they managed to get our first choice keeper out of the game, both their chairman and ex chairman going around hugging and kissing all their players, quite embarrassing to watch.

No one has mentioned an earlier incident, then it was debatable if Les Afful when brought down was fouled by the last man, on that occasion Dover got the benefit of the doubt.

What makes the sending off debatable is Les wasn't grounded by a hard tackle, Les was the victim of an experienced player using his professionalism in fouling him, the Dover player may have fooled a lesser referee but the tempo of the game determined the way the officials viewed things.

It was more obstruction but it denied Les a goal scoring opportunity from what I could see on the VIDEO.