Cornwall Football Forum

Any transfers

Congtatulations to Cody Cooke and Kieran Connibear-Trathen,on their promotion to the first team squad.

According to some people on this forum,no young local football talent ever get a chance at Truro City.

My belief is simlpe,if you have the ability and are good enough to play Conference South football,

Truro City will give you the oppurtunity.

Truro City flying the Cornish Flag ,HIGH and PROUD.

:c: :c: :c: :c: :c: :c:

Two more LOCAL footballers have been signed by City.Hal Davies and William Scoley from Penryn.

Ex Plymouth Argyle defender Marcel Siepp,has been training with Truro City,and Manager ,Mr Hodges is

hoping to give him 45 minutes tonight against Falmouth.

Aren't all the reserves local ? :blink: :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...

Truro City have signed Ed Palmer,from Torquay on loan for the season.

Ed is a big strong 19 year old centre half,who made is debut against Q.P.R. on Saturday.

If that isnt HIGH PROFILE enough for you.

Rumours are ,that Truro have been in negotiation's with Tottenham,over the transfer of Luka Modric.

Stumbling block in the deal is Luka wants Champions League football.

Truro have also abandoned the deal to bring Cesc Fabregas to Treyew Road,because he got his heart on a move to Barcelona.

Apart from that ,not much happening.

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

It's only natural that people expect clubs to sign new players during the summer, irrespective of whether it's Conference level Truro City or Duchy 5 Torpoint Comrades!

As it is, the truth of the matter is that without signing anyone, Truro are probably already good enough to finish in mid-table.

I assume the high profile claim for an unproven 19 year old from Torquay was "tongue in cheek"! Scored a goal but although one shouldn't judge after just 45 minutes, I don't see that he is any better in that position than Aaron Pugh.

Well Dave,if he is anywhere near as good as Aaron that is good enough for me,and will give us good backup in our defence.

From what I seen on Saturday he is big enough to hold his own in the back line.I dont think many will be able to bully or push this boy off the ball.Plus the fact he will be a great asset in the oppositions box for corners and set pieces which he showed us on Saturday against QPR,the goal that he scored nearly took the net out of the ground.

Still wouldnt really say he is high profile. barry hayles is high profile! not a dig at truro as i want them to do well. feel i may have touched a nerve somersetspur and possibly with your desire to see truro do well, you might agree that playing conference south football you also expected a few players to strengthen the team! Maybe im wrong.