Cornwall Football Forum

Mining League Results 07/05/11

Camborne SOM 4 Gulval 5 h/t 2-2

A very good sporting game between two footballing teams.

The School were ahead twice in the first half but Gulval pegged them back.

Early in the second period,Gulval went ahead but the School equalised,Gulval ahead again but back came the home side.The winning goal came with a header from a corner in the 89th minute.

First time i've seen both teams and they both impressed me.

Guest man city fan

wendron 1 - 6 goonhavern.

congratulations to goonhavern on coming 2nd place.

goonhavern played well today but it should of been a closer game if they were not gifted 4 goals 3 big mistakes from me

then an own goal by our defender . this was our 1st game in roughly 6 weeks and it showed .

anyway roll on pre season because from next season i will be playing outfield cant wait :thumbsup::clapper: :blink:

Match off

West Cornwall v St.Ives Town - St.Ives unable to raise a team

this match has already been played previously in the season?

Trispen 1 - 2 Carbis Bay was the result from the boys today?

Not as far as i know Tristan.The original game was at St.Ives and West Cornwall confirmed this game earlier in the week.

Match off

Not as far as i know Tristan.The original game was at St.Ives and West Cornwall confirmed this game earlier in the week.

Just spoken to the boys and we only have 2 games left this season, Trispen and Mount Ambrose. we played west cornwall at home 2-2 and played them away, lost 2-1 as I missed a pen and then again in the cup semi where we won 1-0. Can't be playing them a 4th time surely?

Match off

Just spoken to the boys and we only have 2 games left this season, Trispen and Mount Ambrose. we played west cornwall at home 2-2 and played them away, lost 2-1 as I missed a pen and then again in the cup semi where we won 1-0. Can't be playing them a 4th time surely?

Well,put that way it appears not.It did appear as a fixture for May though so not sure what the Mining League are doing there.

Are you talking as a Carbis Bay or St.Ives Town player?

Titans 8-0 Mousehole (ht2-0)

Well done to all the Mousehole lads who turned up for game, showed real spirit, i no teams get affected by cricket but as we showed today doesnot matter what quality of player you can turn out , you have to play.

but something has to be done in Cornwall about the clash at end of footy season & start of cricket season...bit of commonsence i think

Carbis Bay

We are at cross purposes as i'm posting about West Cornwall and St.Ives Town.

You are right in that Carbis Bay had only Trispen and Mount Ambrose to play though.

my bad, been a long day!

Yet another posting by mr deacon on the season going on to long,put less teams in leagues ect there were the same number of teams in each league when you played dave if not more!

What next just have a couple of teams in 30 leagues and play each other twice?

If you are too quick calling games off in the winter months then you get a back log,if you have good cup runs you have a back log it the same for everyone so just enjoy it!

Yet another posting by mr deacon on the season going on to long,put less teams in leagues ect there were the same number of teams in each league when you played dave if not more!

You're quite right, but we didn't have the number of games called off because teams couldn't be raised. Mind you, that was at Senior level, so I guess that could be the main difference perhaps.

If you are too quick calling games off in the winter months then you get a back log,if you have good cup runs you have a back log it the same for everyone so just enjoy it!

You're right again - far too many games called off too early, but that's all to do with the "Health & Safety" mad bureaucratic world we live in today. Some poor old referee might get sued for playing a game when there is a bit of rain settled on the surface - as if !!!!!!!!!

Hayle 3 - 1 Newquay

left the clubhouse with the party just starting.

well done Stevie and the boys.

Congratulations to hayle from Goonhavern afc :smiley20:

The same from us at St Buryan. Congratulations! :c: Job well done. Hope we get chance to play again next season? Good luck against CNB ;) ;)

Carbis Bay

We are at cross purposes as i'm posting about West Cornwall and St.Ives Town.

You are right in that Carbis Bay had only Trispen and Mount Ambrose to play though.

my bad, been a long day!

West cornwall not played st Ives at home previous to this fixture but unable to raise a side today. Shame cause we played them last week and they had a good bunch of young players in there squad.

Big shout out to Stevie, our boss at Hayle. Cant believe we are the first team in 10 years to win a title for the club. Thanks to for the comments from the other teams in Mining 3. Thoroughly enjoyed this season. Title could have gone to one of 5/6 strong teams in the league. Gotta say we have played some bang tidy football at times, the way it should be. Our squad has just got stronger as the seasons gone on, with a good balance of youth and experience, pace and passing ability. Heres to another good season but in the new league, playing alongside some top mates and putting in another title challenge. Season can only get better when Man City win the FA Cup and we reveal Messi as our new striker!!

Mining 1

Storm 2(1) Halsetown 1(0)

Ryan Lewis 2

Storm MOM - Steven Williams

A great game for the neutrals. We started well and deservedly took the lead. After scoring we suffered from a lack of composure, giving the visitors a few opportunities at our goal. A second from Ryan Lewis after the break gave us a bit of breathing space. At 2-0, the ref turned down a clear penalty that would have put the game beyond doubt. Within minutes a penalty was awarded at the other end, which Halsetown tucked away. From then on, it turned scrappy, with Halsetown in search of an equaliser and us having a few chances to score on the counter. Halsetown had the ball in the back of the net, but it was disallowed, maybe a little harshly, for the challenge on the keeper. That said, I think we deserved the win and it was a great way to finish what has been a tough season for Storm.

wendron 1 - 6 goonhavern.

congratulations to goonhavern on coming 2nd place.

goonhavern played well today but it should of been a closer game if they were not gifted 4 goals 3 big mistakes from me

then an own goal by our defender . this was our 1st game in roughly 6 weeks and it showed .

anyway roll on pre season because from next season i will be playing outfield cant wait :thumbsup::clapper::blink:

Have to applaud the ground staff at Wendron - the main pitch was in excellent condition yesterday; quite unsurprising that they've hosted most cup semi finals and finals this year.

Guest man city fan

hayle havent won it yet if they lose there last 2 league games to cnb and trevenson they could lose it by goal differance to goonhavern at the minute hayle have a 6 goal better goal diffence.

its unlikely but strange thing do happen

hayle havent won it yet if they lose there last 2 league games to cnb and trevenson they could lose it by goal differance to goonhavern at the minute hayle have a 6 goal better goal diffence.

Am I thinking about the wrong Goonhavern team here Geachy?

Man City fan is writing about Div 3 football and Goonhavern Res. Jasa.

Guest man city fan

yes mate im talking aboutr div 3

Threemilestone 6-2 Gwinear

Justin Miles (3) inc. 2 halfway line lobs

Ryan Stephens

Brendan Hitchens

James Bright

Also have Goonhavern secured 2nd? I'm pretty sure TMS can catch them.

We haven't secured 3rd. You will come 3rd if you get 3 points from your remaining 2 fixtures which will mean we probably won't be getting promoted so it's pretty much in your hands Jasa, literally. What's it worth to you to come 3rd... :P

Threemilestone 6-2 Gwinear

Justin Miles (3) inc. 2 halfway line lobs

Ryan Stephens

Brendan Hitchens

James Bright

Also have Goonhavern secured 2nd? I'm pretty sure TMS can catch them.

We haven't secured 3rd. You will come 3rd if you get 3 points from your remaining 2 fixtures which will mean we probably won't be getting promoted so it's pretty much in your hands Jasa, literally. What's it worth to you to come 3rd... :P

Are plan is Joe to keep you in this league, then next season not only will you still be playing sunday league for malabar but you can come play for us at tms :yahoo:

We Know that man city fan it was our last home game sat we won it and celebrated a great season at our clubhouse John the perfect host and way we been playing should confirm the league is ours with 2 games left we need to lose them and conceede 6 we will aproach both games the same as all them this season our manager Steve wont have it any other way and hope we get 6 points its been a great competitive league and well done to all the teams for making it that way :smiley20::clapper: :clapper: