Cornwall Football Forum

Games off

Guest Flintstone

I don't see how anybody can complain about games being called off today. I'm sure you all want to play BUT whats the point of risking injury for the sake of it?. Pitches will mainly be too hard, or will be like Mousehole's, frozen in the middle and obviously going to defrost but end up a boggy mudbath..

I think clubs should be applauded for using common sense.. :clapper:

I don't see how anybody can complain about games being called off today. I'm sure you all want to play BUT whats the point of risking injury for the sake of it?. Pitches will mainly be too hard, or will be like Mousehole's, frozen in the middle and obviously going to defrost but end up a boggy mudbath..

I think clubs should be applauded for using common sense.. :clapper:

Disagree, we have been playing in mudbaths for weeks now with no problem! It's only now started to get cold, so calling games off now is goin to cause a fixture pile up after Xmas wen it really gets cold!!!!!!!!

St Agnes V Cornish New Boys was called off at 12.15pm following a pitch inspection by referee Ken Keemer - his quote was 'This pitch is still frozen and unsafe - play on this and you will have players with broken legs.' There is still ice on the pitch in the divots and the total goal area at the car park end is frozen solid and rutted with ice - not bound to thaw at all - there was no rain here when we were checking it but the falling snow wouldn't have helped thaw it out either. clubs can only be guided by the officials conducting the inspection and if there had been any likelihood of it thawing we would have taken Ken Keemer's advice on that too.

Look forward to seeing the Cornish New Boys in the New Year!

Junior Cup

Calstock vs P6 - Off again - starting to become more than a joke now, third time i have had to break it to the boys 20 min or so before we leave, with several travelling in from Major, St Austell and Perranporth. This game will probably now be played SIX WEEKS after it was supposed to be.

The backlog this is going to cause is unbelievable.

Premier sixes we at st teath are in the same posistion,6 weeks after the event we may play.The pitch at st teath was playable today we have spent a lot of time and money making sure it would be,but Altarnun lads couldnt travel because of heavy snow .I took the sensible option to ask the match ref to look at it early,he was prepared to come all the way from meva,just to confirm that it was playable.In the meantime Altarnun had also contacted him and raised concerns over travelling to the game,it was decided in the best interest of safety to all that the game be called off,sad i know but at the end of the day no one is going to defeat the weather.Just one point though we could have played last week but my daughter got married and thanks to altarnun for moving the game to this week,the county will have to wait we will get there in the end

Premier Sixes, yes game off and yes, you would of told your boys 20mins before travelling as this was agreed with your secretary!!!!

At 08.30am myself and the committee went down and had a look at the pitch and at that time you could of easily called it off as it was certainly FROZEN, but we called your secretary and asked was he happy with another call at 11.30am as it then had another couple of hours to maybe thaw out and he agreed. We also contacted the ref and asked the same question, he also was happy with this arrangement!!!

11.30am comes and there is a heavy down pour of snow which continued for some time. The decision was then made and you were contacted straight away.

Premier Sixes, we have not played for 7weeks so we also want and needed this game to be played.

We cannot do nothing about the weather!!!!!

Premier Sixes, yes game off and yes, you would of told your boys 20mins before travelling as this was agreed with your secretary!!!!

At 08.30am myself and the committee went down and had a look at the pitch and at that time you could of easily called it off as it was certainly FROZEN, but we called your secretary and asked was he happy with another call at 11.30am as it then had another couple of hours to maybe thaw out and he agreed. We also contacted the ref and asked the same question, he also was happy with this arrangement!!!

11.30am comes and there is a heavy down pour of snow which continued for some time. The decision was then made and you were contacted straight away.

Premier Sixes, we have not played for 7weeks so we also want and needed this game to be played.

We cannot do nothing about the weather!!!!!

This is the 3rd time this game off. Why not just switch it to P6s all weather pitch?

silly really. Think of all the teams that have missed out on a game because of your inability to play on the pitch at Calstock. It also now means future fixtures will now have to be moved.

Its understandable that you want the home advantage in the cup but you have failed to play a home league game all season and have now created further strain on the re-scheduling of fixtures.

Pidgeon, we asked the league for permission to play our first 8 games away as the pitch has just been re-turfed in areas and agreed by the league.

This is the reason we have not played home at the start.

Of course home advantage is a big factor especially going from grass to all weather pitch. No brainer i would of thought.

As Kitbag has already said.....cannot compete with the weather!!!!!!!!!