Cornwall Football Forum

12/12/2009 Results

Wadebridge Town 2-2 St Blazey (3-3 aet) 2-3 on penalties

Attendance: 90 (30+ from St Blazey)

Disappointed to see such negative comments directed towards this excellent forum in the Wadebridge programme.

Also disappointing to see the Wadebridge keeper making obscene gestures and foul language towards the St Blazey fans today.

Other than that an epic cup tie and I'm certain Wadebridge will begin to pull away from the bottom.

come on Dan Blazey, it is very rare for a Goal Keeper to react in that manner unless he is being prevoked, by the opposing fans,

I would be very surprised if the Blazey fans were any different from other fans,

we all love to wind up players & keepers & refs from opposing teams,

It happened at Falmouth yesterday all through the match the Ref :SM_carton: gave a total of 3 free kicks to Town,(several bookings to boot mostly to Town), but every time an Elberton Villa Player fell over or dived he gave a free kick, a lot of them were fair game , most of them were not in the opinion of the crowd, most of the fouls against Town he ignored, you could almost see him playing for Elburton,

& he was getting a lot of stick from the crowd,

But at the end of the day whatever we say he is in charge & there is nothing one can do to change it,

So come on Dan I am sure that the Blazey suporters gave their fair share of abuse to the Wadebridge Keeper,

Hammers :c::huh: :c:

It happened at Falmouth yesterday all through the match the Ref :SM_carton: gave a total of 3 free kicks to Town,(several bookings to boot mostly to Town), but every time an Elberton Villa Player fell over or dived he gave a free kick, a lot of them were fair game , most of them were not in the opinion of the crowd, most of the fouls against Town he ignored, you could almost see him playing for Elburton,

But at the end of the day whatever we say he is in charge & there is nothing one can do to change it,

Hammers :c::huh::c:

Well said Hammers, apart for the free kicks issue, he added an inordinate amount of 'stoppage time' at the end of the game.

:SM_carton:

Mind you, Town did score the second goal in that added time.

:clapper:

come on Dan Blazey, it is very rare for a Goal Keeper to react in that manner unless he is being prevoked, by the opposing fans,

I would be very surprised if the Blazey fans were any different from other fans,

So come on Dan I am sure that the Blazey suporters gave their fair share of abuse to the Wadebridge Keeper,

I'd love to meet some of these "abusive" St Blazey fans. I've watched football at over 150 different grounds in several different countries and St Blazey's fans are by far the best behaved and friendliest I've come across. If you think chanting "dodgy keeper" as they goalie slips and sticks the ball into Padstow harbour is abusive, that's fine, but it's not; it's banter and belongs at the very heart of football.

In any case, there's never an excuse for making obscene gestures to the crowd - don't forget there are kids watching, looking to these guys as role models.

I'd love to meet some of these "abusive" St Blazey fans. I've watched football at over 150 different grounds in several different countries and St Blazey's fans are by far the best behaved and friendliest I've come across. If you think chanting "dodgy keeper" as they goalie slips and sticks the ball into Padstow harbour is abusive, that's fine, but it's not; it's banter and belongs at the very heart of football.

In any case, there's never an excuse for making obscene gestures to the crowd - don't forget there are kids watching, looking to these guys as role models.

Hayle 6 Foxhole 1

Saturday 12th December 2009

Foxhole (4-4-2): Ryan Holland; Daniel Meens, Dexter Lawrence, Adam Holland, Nick Carpenter; Sam Kenny, Kelvin Greenaway, Lee Hazeldine, Tony Mackellar; Liam Nicholls (sub. Bobbylee Johns), Mark Rowe.

Hayle (4-4-2): Dave Cheal; Matt Laity (sub. Simon Stevens), Tom Dann, Wayne Quinn, Chris Russell; Ryan Stephens, Dan Magee, Nick Pugliese, Liam Quinn (sub. Scott Jose); Matt Shiels, Chris Wolstencroft (sub. Joe Day).

Referee: Mr Kevin Knowles (Mabe Burnthouse).

QUOTE(hammers @ Dec 13 2009, 08:16 AM)

It happened at Falmouth yesterday all through the match the Ref gave a total of 3 free kicks to Town,(several bookings to boot mostly to Town), but every time an Elberton Villa Player fell over or dived he gave a free kick, a lot of them were fair game , most of them were not in the opinion of the crowd, most of the fouls against Town he ignored, you could almost see him playing for Elburton,

Hammers

rose tinted i think hammer. if that had of been the case, after having already been booked, why wasnt the falmouth captain sent off for either 1 of the 2 crude challenges he made with 10 to go? (answers on a postcard please)

funny old game. keep the shades on, they are definately your colour bud.x

Nothing wrong with the goalkeeper giving the fans some stick. Gets the fans going even more so. Looking forward to Falmouth away in the months to come. Should be a great atmosphere that night.

Cant believe St Blazey won that yesterday. We looked dead and burried. Wadebridge must be livid as Lee Bradd was caught out and pulled down the Wadebridge player as he was about to shoot. Penalty given but as he was last man, surly a red card should have been shown. There was a case that we had a defender coming in from the left but for me he would never have got there.

So Wadebridge score from the spot but Lee Bradd then gets pushed up front in a last ditch effort and scores a hat trick!!!!

What a win. Looking forward to Perranporth in the next round now. :yahoo:

Football person, :SM_carton: Not once on my thread did I say that the geuine bookings to the Falmouth players were wrong it happens in most sports players get away with things,

we have to accept that, but on the whole the Ref on Saterday was very one sided & I could also say that some of the Elburton players got away with no bookings when they should have been booked,

I do not know if you were at the match if you were it seems that you had a blind fold on, pity you missed the game!!?

Hammers :c::clapper: :c:

Dan, having watched the Blazey V Wadebridge game at your place last week, I think the point about kids watching and role models may be better directed towards the Blazey bench. From start to finish there was a torrent of abuse aimed at the match officials, and well within earshot of the several young fans watching the game.

I agree that banter is part and parcel and that players, officials and fans have a responsibility to set an example to the youngsters, but you need to get your Blazey tinted spectacles off and see that we all have shortcomings where this is concerned!

"However some of the language and aggresive gesturing shown to other supporters during the pen shoot out was to say the least uncalled for and to be honest disgraceful bearing in mind that there were children agred range 5 - 9 in the area."

I don't recall any of this! I have to say I wouldn't associate myself with the kind of things you're alleging.

I thought the Blazey fans were a good laugh when I played in goal against them in the cup earlier in the season (Truro City Res.).

I enjoyed the atmosphere right behind my goal, and to be honest, I'd prefer to have banter like that with opposition fans every week. They were singing cheesy songs aimed at me and that was it. I think I was even called a traffic cone by one because of my Orange goalkeeper shirt. That is the worst I got and not abusive in any way. :thumbsup:

Thank you. Somebody telling it as it is rather than getting their big old spoon out and having a big old stir.

To prove my point further, at this very game, some Truro City fans came down along side us and started chanting stuff along the lines of "St Blazey fans are f****g c***s" etc (no exageration). Some of our fans didn't like this much, so they went and made friends with them (literally!) to calm the situation a bit!!

Sorry to keep going on, but supporting St Blazey is my passion and I will not allow us to be given a bad name.

Thank you. Somebody telling it as it is rather than getting their big old spoon out and having a big old stir.

To prove my point further, at this very game, some Truro City fans came down along side us and started chanting stuff along the lines of "St Blazey fans are f****g c***s" etc (no exageration). Some of our fans didn't like this much, so they went and made friends with them (literally!) to calm the situation a bit!!

Sorry to keep going on, but supporting St Blazey is my passion and I will not allow us to be given a bad name.

were my hankie, :D

Dan, they weren't Truro fans. None of the team had ever seen them before and they just seemed like a bunch of drunks there to cause trouble. However how they were allowed to bring glass pint glasses to the far end of the pitch....

Anyway, I will reiterate again that I enjoyed the chanting and there was nothing malicious in it at all, not even a sign.

What a load of bloody rubbish Opsman!! The noisy lot behind the goal did nothing but make plenty of noise as the Wadebridge players took their penalties. Nobody said a word to anybody from Wadebridge until some clown from Wadebridge told us we should stop celebrating our win about 30 seconds after the last kick and shake hands with him!! Because some kid didnt he went off on one for no reason what so ever. Strange man. Hey, no ones perfect and I no theres a bit of bad language sometimes. But theres 22 players on the pitch who swear non stop ever week so a few old 'for f##k sake ref is hardly worth coming on here and getting upset over. :wacko:

were my hankie, :D

Youre English is improving Mr M!!! :yahoo:

Paul, the original post from Dan stated that he thought it was poor the way the Bridgers keeper reacted to the banter, and a bad example to youngsters. Looking at the rest of the thread, my point about eveyone needing to take a look at themselves has been totally emphasised. As I said previously, we are all guilty of getting carried away in the passion of this great game we call football!

Let's not let two great cup games between two great Cornish clubs be forgotten in a tit for tat exchange. Wadebridge Town wish St Blazey good luck in the next round and look forward to seeing you all again next season in the SWPL. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Camelford 4 2 Torpoint

Hakey - surprised no one else added anything here. That was a great result.

Only saw the first half and although Torpoint were winning 2-1 at half time I thought the Camelford team looked very good - playing the ball on the ground whenever possible.

You took your first goal really well so wasn't surprised to hear that you'd won. Congrats on the hat trick as well.

[Let's not let two great cup games between two great Cornish clubs be forgotten in a tit for tat exchange. Wadebridge Town wish St Blazey good luck in the next round and look forward to seeing you all again next season in the SWPL. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

"Hakey - surprised no one else added anything here. That was a great result.

Only saw the first half and although Torpoint were winning 2-1 at half time I thought the Camelford team looked very good - playing the ball on the ground whenever possible.

You took your first goal really well so wasn't surprised to hear that you'd won. Congrats on the hat trick as well."

Took his other 2 goals very well too.... the lads got goals in him...

Paul, the original post from Dan stated that he thought it was poor the way the Bridgers keeper reacted to the banter, and a bad example to youngsters. Looking at the rest of the thread, my point about eveyone needing to take a look at themselves has been totally emphasised. As I said previously, we are all guilty of getting carried away in the passion of this great game we call football!

Let's not let two great cup games between two great Cornish clubs be forgotten in a tit for tat exchange. Wadebridge Town wish St Blazey good luck in the next round and look forward to seeing you all again next season in the SWPL. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Not so sure whether Wadebridge will meet St Blazey in the SWPL next season - remember the bottom two clubs are due to be relegated.