Cornwall Football Forum

FA Vase 4th round draw

Guest sonny jim

Guest sonny jim

In case anyone could not sleep without knowing,

Plymouth Parkway wiil be playing away to Chertsey Town who play in the Combined Counties Premier Division,

a long trip to surrey yay!!!! :wacko:

:wacko:

I just noted that Tommy for your CV- not bad for a defender playing 460 games for Town.

Had a quick look at the reports for those two games one played on a beach and the other in a swamp.

Dave Wadd was full of praise for the team effort at Chertsey but gave Graham Heard a 5 star rating saying it was his best ever game for Falmouth at the time.

He also stated that the hundred + was the best ever vocal support in the Vase (it was the 9th Away tie in 13 )

• 4 weeks later...
Guest ollers

Hi guys - can anyone provide me with a little info about Plymouth Parkway and the SWP League? I live in Chertsey (Surrey) and occaisionally contribute to their matchday programme. I plan to do a small piece for the FA Vase tie on Sat 16th Jan, but can't find much info about PP on the internet.

The sort of stuff I'm after is a little more than just their history (the club will be providing that seperately for the programme)....I'm looking for info about the club from the fans' perspective e.g. size of their home crowds, details of local rivalries, life-long supporters, etc. or anything that would form the basis of an interesting article. How many fans will be travelling up to Surrey in a couple of weeks' time?

On a sepearte note my sister has recently move to Bovey Tracey so I'm hoping to get to a game down there at some point. How to PP compare to Bovey and other teams in the league; is there one team that normally dominates the league (maybe one club that has a 'sugar daddy'? - a bit like Chertsey!). I assume all clubs are run on a part-time basis with teams made up of local players...

Grateful for any snippets of info that you are able to throw my way!

Much appreciated :smiley20: