Cornwall Football Forum

FHFL Results 05/12/2009

Mawnan beat gwinear in the junior cup 3-1 after extra time, gwinear reduced to ten men after the **** of a centre midfielder decided to go studs up on our veteran damien Stevens, and left 6 lovely holes high up his sock! I'm no angel but this guy was a tit

HOLMANS 2-5 CAMBORNE PARK

Another good result for camborne park, park got off to a flyer and caught holmans cold with a lob from the edge of box by myself we then doubled the lead with good pressure from corners, holmans grew as the half went on but rarely challenged our defence. Camborne park were caught cold early in second half and could have found ourselves all square but park then got a hold of the game again and made it 3-0 through Richard Fisher after this park conceded a wonder cross/goal which sparked us off again and we then added another 2 through Jimmy's second of the game and matt trudgeon finished the scoring off for park and park did concede another late goal but the game was over as a contest.

Thanks to holmans for cracking game, but park march on with second consecutive win and look forward to penryn next sat.

Good performance all round by park some stand out performances from key players keep it going boys.

FHL2

Stithians 1 - 0 Rosudgeon GAME ABANDONED AFTER 37 MINS.

Frustrating for both teams, especially stithians as we have only played 5 league games!

But good call by ref as pitch was getting dangerous.

Howard Vague's penalty had put Stithians infront in what was a scrappy half an hour or so's footy.

Fingers crossed for next week :glare:

PERRANPORTHN 2 HAYLE 0

Luke Brown 2

Carharrack 3 Frogpool 3 bit of a surprise

Big surprise that result at Carharrack.

Perran kept the league run going making it 11 out of 11 against a hard working youthful Hayle side who certainly performed better than ther league position shows, very well refereed.

Luke scored a 40 yard free kick an a pen!

Could have been more (just ask Jamie Cox)

:thumbsup:

Frogpool reserves 2-2 Falmouth Athletic reserves

Game stopped at around 75mins as the pitch became more and more under water, the pitch started fine, soft but generally playable, had a heavy downpoor about 25mins in and it ended up being too much for it. good game palyed in good spirits even with the rain, in think if the game carried on we would of got a winner but frogpool played some good football making it a good game to watch

ashley farrow put us 1 up from a corner, frogpool equalised with a freekick on the edge of the box that left our keeper with no chance far into the bottom corner, we wont back infront afetr a good move going fom 1 side of the pitch to the other ended up with ben manleys cross being turned into the net by a defender, frogpool scored again with a free head in the box off a corner, ref (who was frogpools manager and very fair considering the conditions) decided to call it off about 5 mins later after another small shower

PERRANPORTHN 2 HAYLE 0

Luke Brown 2

Carharrack 3 Frogpool 3 bit of a surprise

Yeah the away side did well to pull the game back with a good third goal. The game started with it absolutely pooring it down but that didn't stop a good turn out from spectators.

By half time the pitch was getting bad but game carried on.

an away full back lucky to only see a yellow with a couple of dodgy tackles but apart from that was a very entertaining game to watch.

No worries Patch enjoyed the game I reckon any neutral would have done , it had a bit of everything and yes even a red card , but I can assure you Ol is a good guy , he let himself and his team mates down today with a needless and reckless challenge which was dealt with correctly by the ref , it happens and we move on no need to start name calling on here bud please.

Pendeen Rovers Res 1-1 Lanner

Game ruined by typical Dec conditions and some mindless tackles that the ref never got on top of including our striker being elbowed in the face and the ref shouting play on fair challenge...then 2mins later giving me a free kick when one of Lanner players did a sweet sliding tackle on me!! shocker ...anyway Rovers seemed to want the game a lot more than Lanner for the first 40mins however Lanner did nick a goal against the run of play to go 1 up...Rovers equalising some 5 mins later and continuing to look the better team....In the 2nd half game just seem to be ruined by a sending off :SM_carton::SM_carton: ..can't think there's any arguments to the sending of player took one of our players out and within 90secs of being booked he does the same thing!!.Rovers just didn't seem at any point to make the extra man count and to be fair Lanner seem to play a lot more as a unit and not rely on the big lump to there speedy striker(god he likes to cry)...o Lanner did have a goal struck off for offside....i guess overall a fair result....and much better than the drubbing we took of Lanner last time ....Best of luck2Lanner for the rest of the Season....Great turn out after the game :):) :P

Div 2 Mullion 5 Trispen 1

Good game in poor conditions. Both sides tried to play football on a pitch that had only just recovered from being played on last week.

Good start for mullion in first 10 mins but despite pressure and hitting the bar, went down 1-0 after a mix up in defence meant an easy tap in for their striker. Got back into the game with 2 close range goals and 2-1 half time.

Both teams came out pretty fiesty in the 2nd half, plenty of banter and a few hands raised in the middle if the park. This bolied over when our 3rd goal went in. our player running from his own half, sprinted onto through ball and finished superbly. Their lino thought he was offside but the ref who was stood next to the player called it onside. After a heated argument, he put his flag down and took no further part in the game. Dominance told in the last 10 mins when two more well taken goals made the final score Mullion 5 Trispen 1.

Up to 3rd now and turning out to be a good season. Good luck to Trispen for rest of season. St Day away next week (fingers crossed!!)

05/12/2009

FHFL 2

Carharrack 3 Frogpool 3

Carharrack threw away a two nil lead to share the points against a determined Frogpool side. During a washout afternoon both teams tried in vain to play football but with the pitch turning into a mudbath it was a case of who could get to the ball first. In a evenly contested half, Frogpool missed opportunities that quite simply they should have put away and Carharrack were no different. However, just before the interval, on the 42nd minute, the home side took the lead through striker Mark Miller from inside the box. After the break with conditions worsening Carharrack extended their though Miller once more. Carharrack must have thought they had already won the game but this was not what Frogpool were thinking and pushed forward. The visitors struck a goal, when a cross from the right wing went pass the goalkeeper and got stuck in the mud only for the Frogpool defender to put it into the back of the net. With 20 minutes to go Frogpool equalised much to the disbelief of the home crowd. With stakes now high, a Frogpool defender was lucky not to have his marching orders after a atrocious challenge that was late on the Carharrack right winger. Not to be outdone Carharrack attacked with flair and responded well with a goal via Liam Bray who smashed the ball in the back of the net to once more take the lead. Just when you thought it was over, Frogpool were given a freekick 20 yards out by the sideline. The kick landed in the mix and the ball met the head of a Frogpool player who flicked it past the keeper much to the Carharrack’s defence despair. The flag went up for offside but the match official overruled the linesman. A draw was a fair result for both teams.

Best of luck to Frogpool for the rest of the season.

I try write my reports from a non-bias third person perspective.

However, this is a bone of contention thoughout FIFA. The laws of the game states:

A player in an offside position is only penalised if, at the moment the ball

touches or is played by one of his team, he is, in the opinion of the referee,

involved in active play by:

• interfering with play or

• interfering with an opponent or

• gaining an advantage by being in that position

For me as linesman the player (not the goalscorer ) I flagged offside was behind the lastman in a offside position when the ball was kicked and in my opinion interfering with an opponent, thus why I raised the flag as soon as the ball was kicked. I was overruled with the goal awarded and a bit cheesed off. However, it is the interpretation of the match referee that is final and I accept that. I know you read the forum Ian.

I might have to start wearing a headcam and put the videos on the forum and see what others think. :D