Cornwall Football Forum

Godolphin 3 - 1 Porthleven

Godolphin were 3 1 up at the interval after trailing 0-1 after 5 minutes.

In the second half Godolphin were continualy frustrated by contentious off side decsisions with their own keeper sean semmens not having a save to make. Porthleven were comprehensively beaten and to be fair the referee put them out of their misery by abbandoning the match on 81 minuets, as the home side looked by far the most likely to add to the score line.

Surely after 81 minutes of effort from both teams the 3 1 result must stand.

Sorry Derek, game already scheduled for 1st May 2010, but I do agree with you, I thought result stood after 75 minutes which would have given Youeselves, Foxhole and Perranporth the three points Perhaps if a certain other side would have had there game abandoned with them in front all games results would have stood :blink:

Wat a load of tosh. Your right godolphin were all over port first half second half was a different game completely. Port having the majority of the play altho struggling to create decent chances. The match should have been abandoned at least 10-15 mins before it was due to not only pitch being extremely unplayable but couldn't see a thing. 81 mins is irrelevant cos it should have happened long before.

I see what your saying paull but it was quite dangerous for 10-15 mins before cos of the light and weather. And the referee eventually made the right decision irrespective of the time left due to safety

I don't agree at all derek but even if you were right the game was abadoned due to conditions and safety. Only takes a second to score so match is right to be replayed

i believe Godolphin scored 2 late goals against porthleven 2 weeks ago in a cup match?

Porthleven could of scored 2 goals in 9 mins,

Plymstock could of scored 1 goal in 15mins,

i think Phil H is doing the right thing, all games must be played again, its to early in the season to give points away, fair enough if these games were near the end of season and teams had nothing to play for you could give points away.

All games abandoned before the allotted time has been played should be replayed, whether that is at 1' or a 89'. Games must consist of two equal halves.

The only time a game of less than 90' should stand is if two equal halves of less than 45' are agreed beforehand - I believe there was a game at Appledore last year or the year before where two halves of 40' each were played.

i was at the game yesterday and Goldolphin deserved to get the 3 points on the performance they put in. 1st half Godolphin were by far the better team, 2nd half was a bit more even, however, all the better chances did fall to the home team. but nevermind, the game must be replayed and im sure both teams will be looking forward to the rematch!

After watching the game at Godolphin on Saturday, i believe that all blame points to the referee! :SM_carton_y:

After 60 minutes of the game, I could clearly hear players from BOTH sides complaining to the referee about the conditions and the bad light, which resulted in the Porthleven number 5 being booked for arguing after the referee totally ignored his numerous questions, but conveniently heard him swear! :blink:

It was blatently obvious that the game should have been abandoned a good 15/20 minutes before it was, as the light was very poor, and the pitch was becoming dangerous, with challenges becoming wreckless due to lack of grip in the mud bath, as shown by the fact that the two local games at Newquay and Perranporth were abandoned long before the game at Godolphin!!!

It was a shame that the pitch cut up so badly, because all credit to Godolphin, the pitch was looking in great nick compared to last season, so it was a shame that it is now ruined!

The league committee should show some consistency in their decision with replays etc...I believe either all results should stand, or all games should be replayed, because picking and chossing which results stand will cause mayhem in quite a few teams!

Guest Peppermint

In reply to John Bo the game at Mount Wise kicked off at 3pm so much later than the Godolphin match although the match did not last so long time wise, only 50 minutes.

I feel that it must be galling for Derek and his team that the game went so long and the referee could have saved himself a problem if he did as Mr Paul did at Newquay, and called a halt earlier. With no floodlights most games must have finished if at all in very dark conditions.

One good thing for Godolphin - you do not seem to have any problem beating Porthleven this season so it points to three points if it has to be played at a later date.

Oh, and as for the views on the game, they all seem very biased in Godolphins favour...

Porthleven took and early lead after some pressure in the Godolphin area from corners.

Minutes later, a horrific clearance from the Port keeper landed at Josh Harris' feet with an open goal from 18 yards...1-1

The 2nd Godolphin goal was a cracking strike by Gilly, which no-one could do anything about

And the third seemed to be down to the keeper again, with him hesitating and not collecting a simple ball in the box, which Lee Paxton poked home.

After that, the Port keeper got "injured"... :glare:

The rest of the first half was dull, with neither keeper being called into action, as it was a battle in the middle of the park.

The 2nd half started, and Porthleven certainly had the better of a rather boring second half, they hit the crossbar and the G keeper pulled off 2 fine saves from the long range shots from Porthleven captain and the Porthleven right back. Throughout the second half the Port keeper wasn't troubled at all.

A replay on a nice day should be a close and entertaining game... :smiley20: