Cornwall Football Forum

Duchy Results 07/11/09

What happened between St Teath and Torpoint? I heard St Teath tried calling the game off as Torpoint were on their way down, even though the Referee said the pitch was playable but Torpoint said they wanted to play the game regardless?? Didnt they try and do something similar last season?

Dunno if its true heard it this afternoon. Did it go ahead?

Duchy 3

Stratton Utd 1 - 4 Premier Sixes HT 1-2

Martyn Probert (pen)

Rob Black

Neil Currah

O.G.

After two disappointing performances in the last two weeks P6FC had to overcomethe potential banana skin that is Stratton as they looked to make it 10 wins from 10. P6 shaded the early exchanges but could find no way past the outstanding Rustu lookalike in the Stratton goal. The breakthrough came when P6 were a 'soft' penalty when Dan 'Drogba' Code went down in the area. Probert slammed the pk down the middle. 1-0. Within 5 minutes Stratton had qualised through an equisite finish on the break. P6 went into the break 2-1 up when skipper Black headed a corner at the back post. The second half saw P6 dominate terroritory with the wind at their backs but Rustu refused to be beat. Neil Currah bundled the ball home late on to make it 3-1. A Stratton defender turned Currah's cross in for 4-1 in the last minute. That was the best we have battled this season. MoM Rustu the Stratton goalie.

Grampound 1 - 1 Bodmin Saints

Saints were easily in control of this game. Grampound fought well through the whole ninety minutes.

Gareth Stif was sent off for Saints fifteen minutes from time for raising a fist. Stif was the victim of a poor tackle and when he got up from the ground the two players slapped each other a couple of times. There was no broken bones and no blood. The ref' sent off Stif and didn't even bother talking to the Grampound player who committed the foul. He did award us the free-kick, which makes the lack of a booking even more puzzling.

A very good game played in good spirit apart from the one moment in terrible weather.

Good luck to Grampound until we meet again and good luck to whoever gets the official next.

Guest Pedro100

Duchy 3

Nanpean 0 - 1 St Minver

After a undeserved 1-0 defeat to the hands of Boscastle in the cup last week St Minver came out fighting in the stormy weather and dominated against hard working Nanpean. Great game considering the weather but St Minver still managed to play some real good stuff at times. After a slow start i think we're starting to believe abit more in ourselves and ability.

Great Game 2day. Great finish from Dan Thomas. Can't wait for next Saturday

gerrans 2-1 tintagel.good game played in right spirits.we gerrans should have won by quite a few more but all credit to tintagel who didnt give up.also like to say thanx to the ref 16 yrs old did very well today.shame he wasnt there to send off there goalie after the game outside the pub where he layed out one of his own players,in an argument about who sat in the passenger seat.funny as ****

no surprise that st teath won today they've got the best team in the league so far this season as the results show and what i've seen so far from when i've had chance to see them there miles ahead of most teams in the premier !!! great result today mr kitto !!!

In reply to Pablo. Yes, the Bodmin player was fouled and the perpetrator may or may not have deserved a yellow card, but no-one should throw 2 or 3 punches and expect to stay on the pitch. All the Grampound player did, apart from the foul, was to try to hold the attack off and at no time did he "slap" anyone and I think you should be careful about making such statements publicly. I think that such a statement should be withdrawn and perhaps an apology made. I thought the referee, Alan Howells, got it exactly right and that he had an excellent game throughout.

Two soft goals in the game, Saints softer than ours. After the week we have had with our manager Tony Ford resigning I thought we did well and I could not criticise our endeavour. Our tactics worked well, especially in the first half when we looked the better team at times and if our goalie had not let in that awfully weak equaliser I would still be in the pub now.

Complete results:-

Junior Cup East Division Round Two

Calstock HW Morwenstow

Devon Intermediate Cup North Area Round 3

Mortehoe & Woolacombe P - P Bridgerule

Jefferys Estate Agents Knockout Cup First Round

Polperro P - P Gunnislake

Duchy League Cup First Round

AFC St Austell 5 - 1 Callington Town

Premier Division

St Teath 3 - 1 Torpoint Athletic

St Cleer 2 - 5 Fowey United

St Mawgan 3 - 0 Pensilva

Saltash United P - P Foxhole Stars

Looe Town 2 - 0 St Dominick

First Division

Week St Mary 2 - 2 Launceston United

Altarnun P - P Tywardreath RBL

Godolphin Atlantic 0 - 1 Probus

Boscastle (Abandoned 65 minutes) 1 - 1 St Stephen

Maker with Rame 2 - 1 Mevagissey

Second Division

AFC Bodmin 6 - 0 Holywell & Cubert

Delabole United 1 - 6 Looe Town Reserves

Bere Alston United 2 - 2 St Newlyn East

Lanreath P - P Camelford

Pelynt P - P Lostwithiel

Third Division

Pensilva Reserves P - P St Dennis

Nanpean Rovers 0 - 1 St Minver

Stratton United 1 - 4 Premier Sixes

Gunnislake Reserves P - P Queens Rangers

Roche P - P Wadebridge Town

Biscovey 6 - 0 Gorran

Fourth Division

Mount Charles P - P St Teath Reserves

Stoke Climsland 0 - 2 Altarnun Reserves

Southgate 4 - 0 Grampound Reserves

Gerrans 2 - 1 Tintagel

Sticker 3 - 0 Lewdown Rovers

Fifth Division

Duke of Cornwall P - P St Cleer Reserves

Charlestown Saints P - P St Mawgan Reserves

St Newlyn East Reserves 4 - 1 Boscastle Reserves

Padstow United 10 - 1 Delabole United Reserves

Mevagissey Reserves 6 - 2 Pelynt Reserves

North Hill P - P Tregony

Hi bigdawg,St TEATH for the record didnt try to call the game off.we asked a local,ref to look at it around 10 oclock he thought at that time it may have been unplayable,we decicded to wait until 11.30 ,the pitch had improved but the forecast was attrocius.The grounds man called Neil around 11.50 ,to call the game of because the weather was closing in again.Torpoint had already left and that was that really.Further complications when the ref didnt show,Torpoint lads wanted to play and a local class 6 ref did the game.The pitch now resembles a swimming pool,the players will all probabaly have the flu and the large crowd have had a good day.The game itself was spoiled by the conditions,but over the 90 St Teath where the better side and won with goals from Meagor, Kaye and Mountain.Bates got the torpoint goal.I wish to thank Neil and kevin for the way they and all the lads conducted themselfs today,they are a very good side,but St Teath are a completley different team to last year and are now 12 points clear,the table doesnt lie ,and yes i would have expected us to win.Good luck to Neil and the boys for the remainder of the season but we wont let up and we want that title.

no surprise that st teath won today they've got the best team in the league so far this season as the results show and what i've seen so far from when i've had chance to see them there miles ahead of most teams in the premier !!! great result today mr kitto !!!

If st teath have the best side and are miles ahead of other teams then how come gunnislake beat them 3-2? i dont think st teath will walk the league like u suggest it will b between 3 teams, with gunnislake having games in hand they could catch st teath but we have 2 win those games first!

I think the quote you misread is "miles ahead of MOST teams". I think it is hard to disagree with this with results including 12-0, 10-1, 7-1, 6-0, 5-0 and a goal difference of plus 43 from 10 games. I personally agree with you and think it is between 3 teams but Torpoint cannot afford any more slip-ups. Missed the Gunni v St Teath game but the lads said Gunni play a very direct game shall we say which they found it hard to cope with but its results that matter. Personally think its done the lads a favour with the focus and commitment top notch since.

I wouldnt say we played a direct game! just played better!! st teath have turned teams over which is always nice but winning 1-0 or 2-1 gets just as many points so dnt really think tht matters! i do agree torpoint cant afford any more slip ups, its definately going to be a close league this season, i think both st teath and us will drop more points along the way

Agree with you Tom all teams will drop points but we have 12 more than anyone at the moment ,it may all come down to gunni and St TEATH at our place we would welcome that ,but if we keep winning the pressure is all on you.Torpoint are a good side and i wouldnt judge us on our performance at your place.Our problem will be everyone will want to beat us just a little bit more,thats good for me as a manager because motivation is hard to maintain when you are so far ahead of the pack.I said last year we where a top four side ,this year i am saying we are a top 2 side ,in which order who knows.Looked at the pitch a few minutes ago and i am amazed how it has recovererd,if we had to play now we could finally i think all the hard work may be paying off.

Yer i would rather have points on the board but we will have to win our games in hand if we want to win the league, personally i think you boys should have gone up last season, i think we would welcome it coming down to the game at your place as we got 2 gd results down there last year but both teams have changed alot since then. I also think we are to meet in the quater final of the knockout cup again if we both get that far??

st teath def in the driving seat, but the last few years they have always fizzled out after xmas, however the 12 point advantage may be enough for them to do it if they do the same this year. Torpoint always seem to do well under pressure so it could be a good finish.

AJW, I have no intention of falling out with you or Grampound FC. This is a discussion board and we are having a discussion I hope. Not an argument.

Now when I said 'slaps' that's what I meant. It may be your lad was self defending and I would have done the same. I wasn't criticizing him. Now maybe you will state that neither was there three punches thrown, nor landed. That is an exaggeration.

Lastly, let me tell you this: I spoke to the ref' at the end of the game and he in fact apologized to me for the way he handled the situation. What do you make of that?

AJW, I have no intention of falling out with you or Grampound FC. This is a discussion board and we are having a discussion I hope. Not an argument.

Now when I said 'slaps' that's what I meant. It may be your lad was self defending and I would have done the same. I wasn't criticizing him. Now maybe you will state that neither was there three punches thrown, nor landed. That is an exaggeration.

Lastly, let me tell you this: I spoke to the ref' at the end of the game and he in fact apologized to me for the way he handled the situation. What do you make of that?

Sorry Pablo, but I saw 2 punches thrown hitting the player's chest with the player facing away from him and another when he turned around to fend him off. Doesn't really matter, one is enough. I also spoke to the referee at the end of the game and he certainly did not give me the impression that he felt he had acted in error, which he didn't.

Having said all that, perhaps we can agree to disagree. I thought that it was a really good game played in terrible conditions and a credit to both teams. Also thought your team played better than when you played us last year when running away with Division 2. We lost our manager in midweek and had a lot of patching up to do in the days before the game but I felt the lads who played could not have tried harder. More work to do with them this week though!

Agreed!

It was a tough game, no doubt about that. No one lacked effort on either side and despite the one moment; it was played in good spirit. Conditions were atrocious. And there was me standing under the trees with lightning flashing around. Not too clever. I did think about asking the ref' to join me. LOL

I didn't know about you losing your manager until I got home. Shame that mate.

Good luck 'til we meet later.

I gather a certain Mr Stacey didn't play yesterday maybe that made the differance?

i think the trouble is with some people is that they dont realise that 1 man doesnt make a team

Ahh but logic would suggest that if the opposing team score more over-all it doesn't matter how many one player scores. His team will still lose.

Ahh but logic would suggest that if the opposing team score more over-all it doesn't matter how many one player scores. His team will still lose. Therefore the rest of the team are just as important, always will be.

i dont want to re-read your post cos its rubbish! the facts are no team in the world can cope with out there best players, liverpool struggle without torres n gerrard man utd struggle without rooney, so one player can make a differance to the whole team he can score the goals and improve the team