Cornwall Football Forum

St Blazey v Saltash OFF

I was in two minds whether to reply to this post as I wonder if it deserves a reponse. For the avoidance of doubt, after much standing water this morning and more forecast, Ray Brown from CCFA was asked to inspect at 1.00pm and deemed it unplayable.

Simon Tonkin

Football Sec.

St Blazey A.F.C

WELL, IF RAY AND HARRY BOTH SAY IT'S UNPLAYABLE; THEN IT'S UNPLAYABLE !

GREAT SHAME AS I WAS GOING TO SKIP THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE (AS ARGYLE HAVE ONCE AGAIN FAILED TO QUALIFY!) AND WATCH THIS ONE.

NEVER MIND, ATLEAST IT WAS CALLED OFF BEFORE WE ALL STARTED MAKING OUR JOURNEYS, I GUESS.

Money Man, firstly would you prefer the decision to have been made once all parties had arrived at 6pm this evening and not favour a more sensible and early decision to cancel the game, given the foul weather conditions?

Secondly, do you have a personal problem with the St Blazey manager or would it be fair to say that maybe you are a touch bitter over the fact that several of St Austell's better players chose to leave for St Blazey and their manager in the close season and even now, a few of the remaining St Austell players are still offering their services to St Blazey 4 months into the season?

Your statement has just got me wondering, thats all. ;)

Tippee

Just the reaction I expected, Nothing against the manager or St Blazey just a little wind up for Blazey boy.

As for Afc St austell being unhappy with the players leaving of cause we are I am especially with all that we achieved last season.

I am glad the players are doing well for you and hope you have a good season but let me tell you there is lots happening at the mighty lillywhites and will be surprised if some dont come back next season or even before.

Afc St Austell will be trust me bigger than St Blazey sooner rather than later.

Thank you

Money man

Tippee

Just the reaction I expected, Nothing against the manager or St Blazey just a little wind up for Blazey boy.

As for Afc St austell being unhappy with the players leaving of cause we are I am especially with all that we achieved last season.

I am glad the players are doing well for you and hope you have a good season but let me tell you there is lots happening at the mighty lillywhites and will be surprised if some dont come back next season or even before.

Afc St Austell will be trust me bigger than St Blazey sooner rather than later.

Thank you

Money man

Now I know who writes the scripts for Panto.

Chairman

Nice to see you are concerned regarding the posts I have made.

It may seem along way of at the moment but with hard work and commitment from the commitee

and players it wont be long until you eat your words.

Biggest Town in Cornwall deserves to be better than worst Village in Cornwall, sure you agree.

Money man

Adlestrop ............. Grow up

Hi Money Man, anyone who knows me will tell you that I've wanted to see Town get it back together, as local rivalry is good for all.

What has happened over the Years to see you go so far backwards and play second fiddle to our "Village side" which is well respected in the Football fraternity?

The irony is that the local council is reputed to be piling in vast sums of cash to a Club that has proved it cannot handle it.

But good luck in your endeavours.

I think you will find the local council spent all there money on the new town centre.

As for Afc St Austell not being able to handle money I agree but please that was in the past.

After last seasons heroics, this season is all about consolodation and we will be a much better club for it. The work that continues to go on behind the scenes in the club is impressive and with the vast amount of sponsorship that is brought in through business in and around St austell. It wont be long until Afc St Austell is right up there with all the great teams in Cornwall including St Blazey.

Local Business's want Afc St Austell to succeed with Larger organisations setting up shop in Town I do feel we will have the upperhand with regards getting that sponsorship in.

Admire your comments Chairman and well done for a graet start this season all beit with a few of our lost stars........... who will return.

Money man

Money Man, I cannot help but believe consolidation at this point will not be enough in itself, as like most Cornish clubs without a rich sugar daddy, AFC St Austell will require vast amounts of investment from outside businesses, and to gain this as a club you will have to start with installing some control and discipline to avoid further embarrassment and shame brought on your club, such as at Callington last year and the recent episode at Poltair. Not to mention the aftermath of comments/statements/postings from members from your committee and playing staff.

Otherwise all the hard work of the people at the club and right now I am sure they are finally the correct people after a recent history of controversial individuals, could be made even harder in an already tough economic climate.

But, good luck as you may just need it!! And hope to see you at our level soon so the rivalry can be re-continued, but to enable that im afraid you are gunna have to gain promotion as our little "village club" sure aint slipping down. :P;):drink::yahoo: :c:

St Austell born and bred, but I prefer to follow an upward-looking, ambitious football club.

Then I salute your generous spirit in supporting somebody else's team for them Dan! :clapper:

A lot of our fans come from St Austell and the Clay Country. It may not be my home town, but at least St Blazey feels like an excellently run club which could play at a much higher level.

I'm sure if I had been made welcome at St Austell and had a good matchday experience when I was a teenager choosing which local side to follow, things could have been different.

No regrets; I live for Saturday afternoons and the blood runs green. In 12 seasons, I have never missed a home or away match when living in Cornwall (except for illness or work) and I'm sure the only reason people knock me is because they're jealous they don't have that kind of supporter.

In fact, I think if I had decided to follow Snozzle, I probably wouldn't like football at all any more!

3. I bet you support Man Utd. :D

Manchester - over the Tamar, just north of Plymouth? I've heard of it, but it's too far to walk!

No offence meant Paul & Dan - just a bit of banter. I lived the first 18 months of my life in Penpillick, so I have a tiny stake in Blazey. Born in Treliske - possible Truro City supporter? Nah, supporting Austell makes the good times so much sweeter! Standing on the touchline cheering Austell's 2nd goal in a 12-2 home defeat against Dobwalls felt like we'd won the European Cup!

Good luck to Blazey for the rest of the season. If you win the league and bring the trophy to St Austell Bay, we can look over the fence and take photographs! :D

For the Lilywhite's part, hopefully they'll bring the local league derby back (but it seems a long way off at the moment! :( )