Cornwall Football Forum

junior cup ( west section )

Guest mikey catterall

Guest mikey catterall

its round 2 this sat lads and alot of good fixures as a player in junior football i always enjoy the challenge of the junior cup hard games,upsets,controversy, and much more 2 fixtures catch my eye.

st day vs robartes :thumbsup:

goonhavern vs titans :thumbsup:

who have u got ? lets get up for it :yahoo:

It's 'Bring It On' time again, so ahead of Carharrack's Junior Cup game this weekend’s against Threemilestone we have spoken to Threemilestone striker Liam Patterson (aka TMS No 9) to get his opinion ahead of the match.

Well Liam, the last time I seen you play was in the Forum charity match last season where you scored a fantastic goal against Winno from 30 yards out. I can’t remember the last time Carharrack played Threemilestone in the Junior Cup but I can remember we did play you in a eventful pre-season friendly a while back that caused a bit of controversy.

What do you expect from Threemilestone this season? Where do you think you will finish come next May?

Before the season we was quietly confident of winning the league, bringing in several players that were or have played a better standard then mining 1 but since beating illogan on the first day of the season we haven't really kicked in hopefully we are still on for a top 3 finish and I will be happy with that.

Tell us a bit about the team. Who’s the most experienced and who is the up and coming star of the team?

Most experienced player is Ian Jay 29 years old been at the club for years and is a massive asset to the club on and off the field! Ummm, up and coming, that's a tricky one because nearly are hole team is under the age of 20 so would be nearly impossible to say!

Other than your nearest geographical rival, who else do you REALLY want to beat this season and why?

Illogan always feels nice to beat because they all hate me and want to kick me off the pitch... but i would have to say chacewater is the big one. We haven't had many good results against them over the years but gave them a lesson this year!

What have you heard about Carharrack this season?

Heard you were unbeaten until recently Perranporth gave you a hammering! but to be where you are in the tough league you are in must mean something so we wont be taking you lightly what so ever!

Where do you think we will finish in FHFL 2?

2nd-3rd i think perranporth will walk away with it and it will be a fight between you and stithians for 2nd place.

Thanks for your time Liam, be good to see you and the lads on Saturday and have a pint after the match. The draw is one of the most interesting in the West. Like you said, the much hyped Perranporth match was embarrassing for us and not something we want to experience again. I think we learnt a tough lesson against Perranporth, in both formation, tactics and attitude. We will not want to make the same mistakes again. We are expecting a tough match we know you have skilful players in your team who can cause problems. Carharrack are going into the game as underdogs but on the right day I know we can give any side a battle. RED ARMY.

You know what she's like Dunc!!! Just been signed off for another week by the doc so no chance of watching any footie yet mate!!! He heard me breathing and that was it!! I said to him ive been like that every saturday for the last 10 years!!! :( Hope you're well mate? :thumbsup:

Going to be an interesting one tomorrow.....West Cornwall 'v' Illogan Res..... with a lot of ex Illogan boys playing for W.C I think their gonna be well up for it......anything can happen in the J cup so we will need to be switched on from the start......a bit of a family affair playing against the brother in law but we're planning on having a few :drink::drink: afterwards.......looking forward to it as some of the lads are coming back to Illogan for the players night...could be messy.......