Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Results Thread and LATEST TABLE

Jolly's Cornwall Combination League:

Saturday 24th October

LUDGVAN (Mike Cruse 2, Elliot Jolly) 3-3 WENDRON CC UNITED RESERVES (Fred Williams 2, Charlie Young)

Att - 21

MULLION 0-4 PENRYN ATHLETIC RESERVES (Rob Wearne 2, Adam Pryor, OG)

Att - 20

PORTHLEVEN RESERVES 0-4 ST.JUST (Darren Steadman, Matt Gendall, Timmy George, Tom Marrering)

Att - 30

League Cup - First Round:

HAYLE RESERVES (Jack Parson) 1-3 ST.AGNES (Alec Penrose 2, Tom Benney)

Att - 30

ILLOGAN RBL (Paul Wolstencroft, Jason Roberts, Phil Willey) 3-0 FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES

Att - 30

PORTREATH 0-10 NEWQUAY RESERVES (Dave Rabone 4, Matt Davies 2, Darren Roose, Jamie Tipton, Mike Rabone, OG)

Att - 15

RNAS CULDROSE (Stephen Hughes 2) 2-1 HOLMANS SC (Adam Selley)

Att - 12

ST.DAY (Adam Nucifero 2, ??? Hawke) 3-0 PERRANWELL

Att - 50

TROON (Steven Proctor 2, Gary Bell) 3-1 HELSTON ATHLETIC (Reg Pearson)

Att - 34

Latest Table

http://www.comboleaguearchive.110mb.com/2009%20table.htm

Had no game so thought i would entertain st day & perranwell allow me to run you all through the game oh yes st. day 3 perran 0 well done saints in the next round, entertainment value 4/10 perhaps i picked an off day, si will tell me hes through, yep well done mate & cads perran play 5-4-1trouble was 60 mins in & their losing 2-0 yet their still playing 5-4-1 bloody hell i thought mining 2 was bad. :huh: next time i dont have a game think i might waste £2 on another bag of chips & a bit of mr. stelling on sky sports 1 hd of course

mike cruise is havin a gd season scoring some goals!!!! shud probably be playin for a better combo team

marksy when u have achieved as much as fish in management perhaps u can come on here and criticise...

angell dont start on that one ,merely telling what i saw, and i couldnt afford to pay all that money every week for all those years. as for acheivements ur bang on the money mate LITERALLY??? This topic was brought up a while ago i believe perhaps you should find it and read it. I have won very little compared to the great man but then i aint never had to pay. :thumbsup: p.s. i can say what i like my beauty and today they were poor.

Troon 3 (Procter 2, G Bell 1) Helston 1 (Nev??)

As usual the wind was blowing up at Grouter park, and we wouldnt have it any other way! sadly the rain held off though....!

Helston started brightly and created a few decent chances, but failed to take them, with the home keeper (D Mitchell) making two outstanding saves which any keeper would of been proud of. The ref was having a shocker, for both teams, and to be honest i thought Helston should of had a penalty when Nev was brought down in the box....but nothing given..!??!! 0 - 0 at halftime then. and a nice cuppa from the clubhouse.

Second half began as the first ended, a chance for Helston, but yet again failed to take it, Troon started to get into and it was not long before Matt Witts created a chance which Stevie Procter smashed into the corner of the net to make it 1-0. 5 mins after that the ball fell to Stevie again about 23 yeads out (roughly...), and he unleashed another one which flew into the top corner!! heslton began to bitch and moan at any and everyone, couldnt get a ball onto play quick enough for them, decisons were going against them etc... Troon added another when good work by danny Bell and lee gribble enabled the ball to find Gary Bell who hit the ball again into the top corner.

Helston grabbed a consolation goal to make it 3-1, but all in all Troon were good for the win, taking the chances and defending well, with beefy, rob troon, and driller all in top form at the back and keeping nev the 8 goals machine quiet.

Big mention to scott smeeth and vic who worked there socks off up and down the flanks.

Roll on the next round.

Ref watch 4/10.

Att :- 34

MOM:- Stevie P

Highlight of the match:- The ref being very precise and certain about where to take the throw-ins from....?!

mike cruise is havin a gd season scoring some goals!!!! shud probably be playin for a better combo team

marksy when u have achieved as much as fish in management perhaps u can come on here and criticise...

angell dont start on that one ,merely telling what i saw, and i couldnt afford to pay all that money every week for all those years. as for acheivements ur bang on the money mate LITERALLY??? This topic was brought up a while ago i believe perhaps you should find it and read it. I have won very little compared to the great man but then i aint never had to pay. :thumbsup: p.s. i can say what i like my beauty and today they were poor.

I agree we did not play well! but to come on here and say that we at Perranwell pay is an utter joke!! i should know as i have been involved in the village club for 35 years!!

And don't choke on your chips next time you are bored!! :thumbsup: :c:

Porthleven 0 St Just 4

h/t 0-3

Not got a lot to say as off out for a few beers in a mo. First half wasn't bad, 2nd half very poor froma home perspective. Didn't actually think St Just played well at all, but were gifted a couple of goals.

Turning point at 0-0 was Port scoring, goal given by ref, only for St Just lino to raise a very very late flag - admittedly I wasn't in line but decision looked very suspect.

3-0 was harsh at h/t but St Just were clinical, Port weren't.

Well done to Steve and all at St Just - as usual stayed in the bar for a few pints too! :drink:

Att: 30

Ref watch: Rigas G?%&**S, not at his best I felt and insisted at subs waiting on half way line to come on(even threatened to book one of ours for not doing this!). Lovely bright orange and grey strip though, very continental!! 6/10 - 10/10 for style.

Port M.O.M - Too hard to pick as all as good or bad as each other!

troon 3 helston 1

A very poor performance by helston today. we were just not on the ball but fair play to troon they really deserved the win.

And it was me who had the consolation not nev lol

and a big congrats to andy parry for notching today

Illogan RBL 3 Falmouth 0

Illogan: Barry Wyatt, Aaron Clarke, Jason Roberts, Simon Ellis, Mark Uren, Gary Sturmey, Rob Bray, Craig Williams, Luke Abbott-Smith, Phil Willey, Paul Wolstencroft

Subs: Stuart Peters, Ben Widdershoven, Andrew Cowper, Matt Calloway

Ref: Grant Porterfield

Portreath 0 - 10 Newquay

Dave Rabone 4, Matt Davies 2 (and missed a pen), Darren Roose 1, Jamie Tipton 1, Mike Rabone 1 and an OG

Poor conditions, fair play to Portreath who kept battling, but if it had not been for the keeper and poor finishing, it could have been a lot more.

Tom & Jerry starting vicious rumours - Andy Parry didnt score Reg, he didnt play. The only thing Andy notched was a left hook.......

Mullion 0 - 4 Penryn

Scorers - Rob Wearne 2, Adan Pryor (Pen) & OG.

agree with pottsy

mullion 0 - 4 penryn dispute on the goalscorers though - rob wearne 2 and adam pryor 2 (i'm sure if you aske the mullion player involved he would agree!

Ludgvan 3-3 Wendron

4mins 0-1. Wendron break left, through ball, Fred Williams runs on to it, low shot past keeper.

16mins 1-1. Ludgvan work ball across the centre, into box on left, Mike Cruse turns defender, high shot at near post.

46mins 1-2. Didn't see it was still inside drinking my tea but told it was a keeper's error. Fred Williams scored.

Some handbags at dawn, ref cautions 4 but should have sent one Wendron player off who decided to run 35yds and get involved inflaming situation.

69min 1-3 Penalty for handball. Charlie Young to the keeper's right.

71mins 2-3. Long free kick, Elliot Jolly flicks ball over shoulder, keeper and forward go for it, keeper misses badly and ball goes in.

80mins Wendron keeper sent off for bringing down forward outside the box. From free kick Mike Cruse fires under wall into net. Ref didn't insist keeper go to changing rooms and he sat in the dugout for the rest of the match.

Have 2 agree with marksy perran where awful 2day,seen them a few times this year and they can play alot better than they did.Cant understand that frazer was sent off and perran were losing the battle in midfield brought on a defender hugh i think but kept hogarth at left back in my opinion he was wasted back there and should of been put in the centre midfield atleast he would of made sum tackles and paps gettin knocked balls at head height know wonder he got frustrated the couple of times he got balls too feet he was skining defenders.Best side on the day won and when u can bring the likes of andy butcher in as cover thinks aint bad.

Portreath 0 - 10 Newquay

The end-to-end wind and heavy playing surface at Clijah did not prevent Newquay from scoring ten goals against struggling Portreath in the cup today:

0-1 Matt Davis sidefoots home from the spot after David Rabone was pushed in the area

0-2 Rabone executes an outrageous dipping volley from 30 yards

0-3 An unfortunate own goal from the Portreath centre-back after excellent work out wide from Darren Roose

0-3 Matt Davis strikes another penalty over the bar after Rabone was upended in the box

0-4 David Rabone slides home from six yards after a flowing move on the right wing

0-5 Rabone competes his hat-trick in style, volleying home a low first-time strike from 20 yards

H-T

0-6 Rabone adds his fourth, turning his way in the box and lifting the ball into the net with his left foot

0-7 Matt Davis adds his second with a header from close range and Rabone's looping header struck a post

0-8 Jay Tipton rounds off a fine team move, sliding the ball into the net from the edge of the area

0-9 Darren Roose drives into the box and hits a low curler that the 'keeper fumbles into the corner of the net

0-10 Substitute Michael Rabone, replacing his brother late on, smashes home from eight yards into the roof of the net after a goalmouth scramble.

Credit to the Portreath lads for not giving up, they are having a really tough time at the moment and it is sad to see a scenario where 10/11 players are turning up with nobody (players, manager or otherwise) occupying the bench and no spectators. It must be incredibly difficult, I hope that they can stick with it and make things work with time.

The Portreath 'keeper had a very good game against Newquay in the league match at Mount Wise earlier in the season and made some outstanding saves throughout the game. I ran the line for the Portreath lads for two thirds of the game and had no problems at all, well, other than the fact I didn't have a flag in the second half because the ref left it in the changing rooms. Imagine a person waving a flag but without it in their hand. Yep - that was me this afternoon. Felt like a right idiot! :D

Hayle 1 - 3 St Agnes

Alec Penrose 2

Tom Benney

Att: about 30 I'd suppose!! proper boring game with Aggie comfortably going through

good to see hayle playing four u/18 though.

well done aggie!!!!

The futures looking bright here mate.

did'nt mention the last 20 though,

all over you. :clapper:

only the brave

Have 2 agree with marksy perran where awful 2day,seen them a few times this year and they can play alot better than they did.Cant understand that frazer was sent off and perran were losing the battle in midfield brought on a defender hugh i think but kept hogarth at left back in my opinion he was wasted back there and should of been put in the centre midfield atleast he would of made sum tackles and paps gettin knocked balls at head height know wonder he got frustrated the couple of times he got balls too feet he was skining defenders.Best side on the day won and when u can bring the likes of andy butcher in as cover thinks aint bad.

Andy Butcher, as cover in goal??

Sy must of opened up the Cheque Book for that, as Andy is top class, Winno aint good enough to wipe his gloves let alone clean his boots!!! Winno don't bother spilling the usual crap on here we've all heard it before and you love the attention!!! YAWN!!!!!

Andy Butcher=Pure Class!!!

Guest Chris B

Yeah good mate - FLIPPING hot though.. Looking forward to kicking (shanking) a ball again. Give me the low down of what i have mised in the email...Andyb Butcher? Frazer sent off? etc..

Must go, got bad guys to catch ;)

CTB

Please check the spellings before you play god and edit my posts. FCUK is a clothes brand. Not that i'd expect you to know that. It is whats called a play on words....... :glare:

RNAS Culdrose 2-1 Holman SC

Holmans Goalscorer

Adam Selley

Both sides had to combat a bracing wind at Culdrose we knew it had been to good to be true when we had visited at the end of August for a league game and it had bee a beautiful sunny day with not a breath of wind....the joys of a return in the cup!!!

The game was pretty even to begin with and culdrose had the slight wind advantage. The game was pretty scrappy and although both sides tried to play passing football on the deck as soon as anyone attempted a through ball to the forwards it either ran on to far or the wind blew it in a direction it was never intended to go!! Culdrose took the lead about halfway through the 1st half when Spike Hughes found himself in space in front of goal giving holmans goalkeeper Adam Batchelor no chance.

HT 1-0

The 2nd half saw Holmas start much better and with the wind advantage were managing to place Culdrose

under pressure and were rewarded with the equaliser by Holmans forward Adam Selley who broke through and calmly slotted the ball past the advancing Culdrose keeper. The winner came on the 75th min when a cross from the right found Spike Huges again who cleverly flicked the ball with the outside of his foot, Adam Batchelor managed to dive full stretch and get a hand to it only to turn it on to the post which the ball bounced off into the net!!!

Full Time 2-1

The only thing I will say about the ref is he was the same for both sides and although their was a few clumsy challenges (me included....hope your walking ok today Matt Thirkle :wacko: ) 5 bookings and £40 to the CCFA was a bit harsh

Postman Pat - We appreciate your support today watching your son however I feel maybe you may have watched a better "advertisement for senior football" that you desired if the Holmans team had more strength in depth. Maybe if you didnt take 5 players to your club to play Mining 2 this season and they remained at a senior club and played the higher standard to which they are all more then capable of you would of enjoyed the game more!!!

Butcher class as were the rest of the squad yesterday. Perran wernt as bad as you all say we were just a different side from last week. Don't think Frazer deserved to go but sometimes in football it evens itself out. Butch came in and helped us out mate of mine and a few others in the side.We had no keeper yesterday as Alan was away and Im injured like you said head and shoulders above me Im 38 with a bad back as well the plus part was it was all for free as well thats what mates do!!!!!He did let me clean his boots and he signed my gloves as well I offered to wipe his ass as well but he had Domo there for that......

Go luck To Perran good side we enjoy the banter on here really its all a bit of fun.

Best part of the afternoon was seeing Caddy Perrans new lino go ass over tit...Still laughing now......... :c:

illogan 3-0 falmouth

quite an evenly fought first half with both sides having chances! we managed to score some two mins before half time! second half illogan were the better side creating chance after chance and it wasnt long before phil willey got illogans second, and paul wolstencroft the the third! could of been a different scorline if illogan took there chances at the end! ref did well today possibly could of booked a few others but let the game flow!!

att: 30

Guest Kimbo Slice

With all the denials about players being paid at Perranwell & St Day,lets put a few things straight:

Perranwell pay, maybe not from the clubs funds but by a private sponsor....(Still pay though) FACT !

St Day pay, maybe not from the club funds but by a private sponsor....(Still pay though) FACT !

Andy Butcher, class keeper, Winno not fit to lace his boots....FACT !

Why do people continue to deny that these 2 teams pay, obviously they do or the players they have would not be there.... FACT !

With all the denials about players being paid at Perranwell & St Day,lets put a few things straight:

Perranwell pay, maybe not from the clubs funds but by a private sponsor....(Still pay though) FACT !

St Day pay, maybe not from the club funds but by a private sponsor....(Still pay though) FACT !

Andy Butcher, class keeper, Winno not fit to lace his boots....FACT !

Why do people continue to deny that these 2 teams pay, obviously they do or the players they have would not be there.... FACT !

So you name the players who get paid then!

As a good friend of pauls and the players in question i can def say they r not paided, tom and frazer work for paul(FACT),meds a good friend of pauls (FACT),hill and paps where gettin sum travel expenses when at holmans as they were coming from truro now at perran they r not(FACT).

Guest some call him David Bentley

This photo was taken at the Mullion v Penryn game just before Stefan Churcher was sent off for violent conduct. stefan is on the left.

good first half with both teams playing well, but then shortly into the second half the game was ruined by one off the worst dives in the penalty box ive ever seen , referee had no control of the game !

WHY are matches always up for having such a poor referee! :angry:

football is ment to be a physical sport !

referee 1/10 poor game, he had no control !