Cornwall Football Forum

CSWPL RESULTS, Tuesday Oct 13th 2009

Elburton only needed a draw to hit the top tonight.

All three surprise results??

With four teams on 22 points, this season is shaping up to be a cracker!!

P W D L F A Diff Pts

ST.BLAZEY 9 7 1 1 25 8 17 22

BODMIN TOWN 10 7 1 2 25 13 12 22

ELBURTON VILLA 15 6 4 5 27 25 2 22

TORPOINT ATHLETIC 13 6 4 3 22 24 -2 22

IVYBRIDGE TOWN 13 6 3 4 27 26 1 21

PENZANCE 10 6 1 3 21 17 4 19

TAVISTOCK 10 6 1 3 19 17 2 19

BUCKLAND ATHLETIC 9 5 3 1 28 12 16 18

CULLOMPTON RANGERS 11 5 2 4 22 20 2 17

WITHERIDGE 11 4 3 4 23 19 4 15

PLYMOUTH PARKWAY 9 4 2 3 18 14 4 14

SALTASH UNITED 6 4 1 1 14 7 7 13

BOVEY TRACEY 11 3 3 5 22 22 0 12

FALMOUTH TOWN 8 3 2 3 11 11 0 11

LISKEARD ATHLETIC 11 2 3 6 16 23 -7 9

HOLSWORTHY 11 2 3 6 17 31 -14 9

WADEBRIDGE TOWN 11 2 2 7 12 23 -11 8

DARTMOUTH 9 2 1 6 8 17 -9 7

LAUNCESTON 9 1 2 6 14 29 -15 5

CLYST ROVERS 10 0 2 8 6 19 -13 2

Guest The Torpoint  Editor (fingers)

Torpoint Athletic (0)1-0(0) Elburton Villa

Lucassi 62 Att:142 (offical)

Torpoint Athletic: Piper, Todd, Daw, Robinson, Sully Yeatman, Andy Green (Kershaw 63), Veale, Lucassi, Brook, Roberts. Subs Not Used: Steve Green, Partridge, Adam Green (GK)

Bookings: Daw (28), Roberts (50), Lucassi (79), Brook (90+3)

Elburton Villa: May, Winters, Strickland, Yetton, Ahearn, Halford, Head, J. Evans (Smith 79), Harvey (Eddie 70), Hughes, Sims. Subs not used: Bamford, Williams, Batten

Bookings: Harvey (34), Hughes (65), Yetton (69), Winters (91)

Man of the Match: Mike Roberts (Torpoint Athletic).

Ref: David Goard (Plymouth)

Match Rating: 5/5 (A good example of local football at it's best)

Torpoint go forth tonight after a brilliant win at 'The Mill' in front of a 142 crowd, largest crowd (233) since the league opener in August. The game was a physical game, but there was some good football, from both sides and it was an entertaining game, from start to fininsh, even though, being a 1-0 scoreline. The only goal of the game, came on the 62nd minute when Ryan Lucassi, scored from a header, his sixth goal of the season, from a Mike Roberts corner. Torpoint are now unbeaten in the league after 6 games. Torpoint are away to Clyst Rovers on Saturday at Waterslade Park, come on Torpoint fans go up there and follow the team as we could have a cracker of a season.

I write this at 2.30 in the morning, after a great game, and still buzzing after few beers on my week off!! :drink:

Dan Blazey. I ask the Question Why are you being such a prat with regards Falmouth Town? I have known a lot of St Blazey suporters over the years & they have great respect for Falmouth Town as we have For St Blazey, but you are the odd one out,

by your Comments it seems to me that you hate Falmouth,

You really need to take a look at yourself, you for some reason are a person with a big chip on his shoulder,

& you are doing St Blazey no favours by your continued stupid remarks about Falmouth,

I two could if I wished be nasty about St Blazey, I choose not to because I respect St Blazey as a good Cornish football club,

So Dan Blazey Grow up & behave like a true St Blazey suporter, not a silly little prat, :SM_carton_y::SM_carton:

Hammers

:unsure::c: :c:

:drink: :thumbsup: Great result for the bridgers last night. Improving side with some great young players coming through. Will cause teams lots of problems this season I feel.

In reply to Hammers earlier posting, I think I speak for most people when I say that we should all have respect and a degree of awe for Falmouth achievements in the past. I doubt if any club other than Truro will surpass what they did and probably they will find it hard themselves to emulate it.

Go easy on Dan because we all need 100% enthusiasts like him whatever their opinions or banter. :smiley20: :smiley20:

Dan Blazey. I ask the Question Why are you being such a prat with regards Falmouth Town? I have known a lot of St Blazey suporters over the years & they have great respect for Falmouth Town as we have For St Blazey, but you are the odd one out,

You really need to take a look at yourself, you for some reason are a person with a big chip on his shoulder,

& you are doing St Blazey no favours by your continued stupid remarks about Falmouth,

I two could if I wished be nasty about St Blazey, I choose not to because I respect St Blazey as a good Cornish football club,

So Dan Blazey Grow up & behave like a true St Blazey suporter, not a silly little prat, :SM_carton_y::SM_carton:

Hammers

:unsure::c::c:

Oh no! Another one on this board who does not have a clue about the difference between friendly banter and hostility!!

If you are a frequent reader of my posts, you will know that I have the utmost respect for Falmouth Town, and consider them, along with St Blazey, one of the biggest clubs in Cornwall. I always look forward to catching up with the like of Mr Odgers and Pidge on my visits to Bickland.

HOWEVER, it is only natural that when someone makes comments knocking my own club, I'm not gonna sit back and take it.

Please, enjoy the banter and stop taking life so seriously. Local rivalry and banter is very healthy but insults and abuse only drive people away.

Now, go on, prove me wrong and win the title :D

Dan Blazey, one, I never have or ever will knock St Blazey, but if you have respect for Falmouth I have to say a strange choice of words to show it,

maybe you need to pick your words more carefully, because with those choice of words you do give an impression of dislike

remember most of us are also pasionate about are club, and may justly get upset by the sort of comments that you made & there is an easy way out of this problem DO NOT MAKE COMMENTS THAT YOU DO NOT MEAN because we all have feelings,

but at the end of the day I respect your feelings, & I never hold a grudge, so as far as I am concerned the matter is now closed

hammers :c::drink: :c:

Were u watching Timmy Raa we eagerly await your thoughts. :clapper::clapper:

Sorry about the wait Guiness.

The Ashes were poor tonight, Could have easily grabbed 4 early goals, but thats about it, and Cullompton thoroughly deserved 3 points, they havent got any players that really stand out, but they played well as a team, i wont even blame the officials, no complaints there, just a bad day at the office for the ashes!!!!

Guest legend2

Hammers

:unsure::c::c:

Oh no! Another one on this board who does not have a clue about the difference between friendly banter and hostility!!

If you are a frequent reader of my posts, you will know that I have the utmost respect for Falmouth Town, and consider them, along with St Blazey, one of the biggest clubs in Cornwall. I always look forward to catching up with the like of Mr Odgers and Pidge on my visits to Bickland.

HOWEVER, it is only natural that when someone makes comments knocking my own club, I'm not gonna sit back and take it.

Please, enjoy the banter and stop taking life so seriously. Local rivalry and banter is very healthy but insults and abuse only drive people away.

Now, go on, prove me wrong and win the title :D

you need 2 get out a bit more lads

Dan Blazey, one, I never have or ever will knock St Blazey, but if you have respect for Falmouth I have to say a strange choice of words to show it,

maybe you need to pick your words more carefully, because with those choice of words you do give an impression of dislike

remember most of us are also pasionate about are club, and may justly get upset by the sort of comments that you made & there is an easy way out of this problem DO NOT MAKE COMMENTS THAT YOU DO NOT MEAN because we all have feelings,

but at the end of the day I respect your feelings, & I never hold a grudge, so as far as I am concerned the matter is now closed

hammers :c::drink::c:

Cheers mate - sorry for any offence caused :)

Can i ask you Falmouth & Blazey guys if your teams don't win the championship would you prefer another Cornish team to win it over a Devon team ? Or do you think now after three seasons this no longers matters.

I always like to see Cornish sides doing well (with exception of one or two!)

Dan Blazey i bet your single...................................

It's not a dating site John :clapper:

The question posted before the bitch fight was.....

If St Blazey or Falmouth didnt win the league, would we like to see a Cornish or Devon side win the league?

Of course I want to see St Blazey win it.........

But if come April thats not an option, my hopes this season will go to Buckland!!

Why??

Well they have been a breath of fresh air to the league. Good fan base. Travelling support. Hard working group who have built the club up, created a ground thats the best away day in Devon and for the hard work, it would be just reward.

But hey......

Come on St Blazey!! :drink: