Cornwall Football Forum

Plymouth Parkway v St Blazey

Tomorrow sees the F.A Vase matches take place and a chance to get a good run going in the competition. Really hoping St Blazey can win this one. What are the thoughtsof the Parkway boys on here? Shame to playing someone from the same league but never mind. Roll on tomorrow. :drink:

Guest SLIC VIC

Always apprehensive when playing Blazey every game thinking "will it be this time" what ever the outcome hope you have a good day but go home with sorrow i have done it for many years its your turn!!!!!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I can see this tie going all the way. Possibly extra time and even a replay. The 3-0 win at Blaize Park wont have anything to do with todays game. A real one off occasion. Hoping to see a good crowd there today. Argyle maybe home but with only Scunthorpe visiting, it may push a few janners to Parkway. Leaving in less than an hour and looking forward to it. Come on St Blazey. :thumbsup:

I have just traced back on the forum search history and can now qote the St.Blazey v Plymouth Parkway full record.

Since Parkway joined the SWL in 1998 they have played 23 League and 1 cup against St.Blazey.

P24 W0 D6 L18 GF61 GA18

Will they break this 'duck' today?

At last after almost 12 years -Plymouth Parkway 4 St.Blazey 2 AET

I have just traced back on the forum search history and can now qote the St.Blazey v Plymouth Parkway full record.

Since Parkway joined the SWL in 1998 they have played 23 League and 1 cup against St.Blazey.

P24 W0 D6 L18 GF61 GA18

Will they break this 'duck' today?

At last after almost 12 years -Plymouth Parkway 4 St.Blazey 2 AET

yea but thats still a draw in 90 mins

the bookies wouldnt pay up for a parkway win

Well, what can I say. The match had everything. St Blazey went 1 up with a cracking Reski strike after a good cross from Higman. Parkway equalised with a free kick into the bottom corner which looked a weak effort and poor defending as well. Then came a challenge that reduced Parkway to 10 men. I didnt see it so dont no if it was harsh but there seemed little complaints. HT 1-1.

St Blazey carried on where they left off and in the first half in total control. St Blazey went 2v1 up with a far post header and Parkway had no answer to constant Blazey pressure and only the Parkway keeper kept it 2v1 with a point blank save from Zallick and good saves from Nanks twice and Reski. Parkway only had one effort on goal all second half which was weak. Then came the biggest F##k up. Our clown in goal rolled the ball out to our right back, then shouted to pass it back and he passed right to a Parkway player to slide the ball home. Bloody awful. Then we simply lost the plot and Rix was sent off for something he said which he denies but hey ho!! By then the game had changed and St Blazey subs looked off the pace and Parkway took full advantage by scoring twice in the early minutes of extra time.

We simply have ourselves to blame because it was a simply easy for most of the second half.

The Parkway fans didnt take to kindly to the singing and god you no their from Plymouth. Their the same breed you get at Home Park who sit in silence and wont get behind their team at all. Dull at best!! ;)

To loose that way was bloody disapointing. Lessons to be learnt for sure. :(

One team scores 4 and the other 2 and its lucky. Of course the lucky team came from Plymouth. Hope the St Blazey fans enjoyed their day out in Devon Still there is always next season. You are lucky it only cost you a pound to cross the bridge, in a few months it will be £1.50. By the way Parkway only get big gates when big Cornish teams come to town like Saltash. Ha, :D Ha :D

The rumours are out that one maybe going. Hopefully not but you can see that one might!! A wake up call today and something for Glynn and Laffs to think about.

I think you will find that Hooper is waiting for one of them to make a decision because his g*nads aren't big enough for him to make the decision!

One team scores 4 and the other 2 and its lucky. Of course the lucky team came from Plymouth. Hope the St Blazey fans enjoyed their day out in Devon Still there is always next season. You are lucky it only cost you a pound to cross the bridge, in a few months it will be £1.50. By the way Parkway only get big gates when big Cornish teams come to town like Saltash. Ha, :D Ha :D

So you think Parkway did enough to go in at full time 2v2??

Blinkered!! :unsure:

And to top it, Saltash....fans!!! :lol

Must admit i was very disapointed by the Parkway fans support. The first equaliser was greeted with near silence!!

Sorry but i heard a very loud chant from the covered stand. Of you only sing when your winning. :drink:

No need for the apology, u won fair and square; games are decided on the number of times the ball goes in the net (4 and 2), not the number of shots on goal (around 4 and 15). No excuses, we threw away a game we had won.

Football is all about taking your chances. I must admit as soon as blazey took the lead parkway had a dominant spell hitting the post, having two goalmouth scrambles. I must admit the blazey first goal was a cracker. I think it was the number 10? And they should have finished the game in the second half. Parkway keeper made 3 very fine saves. I must admit though I thought parkway totally dominated the last 10 mins and could have won it in normal time and extra time. the goal by cusak to make it 3 2 was something special. to run with the ball from your own box and finish with a top corner strike is something to talk about wahtever level you play. Overall, a good game for the neutral. I think Blazey will push saltash and bodmin very close

Thats the thing with football that really people off. The bloke who scored the 3rd for Parkway was on a yellow card and when St Blazey were 2-1 up, Josh Higman went down the right and crossed the ball and then came a challenge that was very late and could have finished his afternoon on the pitch. It could have been a straight red but to not give a yellow because he was already booked was a joke and a few of us made sure the ref new it!! :SM_carton:

To add insult to injury, he then goes and scores the third!!!

Still, we had the game and it up with a back pass from hell. Then lost the plot and fell to pieces.

Ok, thats my thought on the matter, but still, why no booking? Hes had a yellow, hes made a shocking tackle, balls gone, ankle takin out, and no card. Yet someone has a moan about the ref and out come the cards and off goes the player. Absolute tosh!!! :SM_carton:

I dont expect you Home Waters or any other Parkway fan to agree but when that happens to you, you to will be pissed off.

By the way, no one has had a moan about the Parkway player who did get a red card. Id turned around and as i turned back it had happened. There didnt seem little complaint from Parkway players so did it desearve a straight red?