Cornwall Football Forum

Truro City Reserves v St Blazey

FAIR COMPETITION? - Those comments border on an an insult.

When City played Bridport they put out a WEAKENED side

that almost cost them dear, I doubt if anyone at Treyew

would be taking the THROGMORTON CUP serious not even

the supporters.

City fans are not interested in the FIRST TEAMS League Cup.

Why should they worry about this tinpot affair.

What an epic cup tie this one - brought back reminders of some of our senior cup and charity cup matches against Porthleven a decade ago.

1-1 after 90 mins then a crazy half an hour when the game could have gone either way.

Attendance was about 80 (20 or so from St Blazey)

Anybody know why Truro failed to produce a programme tonight? Probably only a small fine, but pretty annoying for the average fan.

the supporters.

Your choice whether to get insulted or not mate. I've even acknowledged that you are te best side in Cornwall, which is pretty good for a St Blazey fan.

"City fans are not interested in the FIRST TEAMS League Cup." - Not really fans then surely!

You're right Dan, it was an epic game from what I saw (turned up about 15 minutes late). St Blazey did their best to throw it away at times but they pulled through in the end. Most nervous I've been at a football match for a while!

Was that you behind me coming down into Truro after the game?

QUOTE(MOUNTAINEER @ Sep 23 2009, 10:00 PM)

the supporters.

That sums up Truros so called following!! At St Blazey you could say we have better things to get right then this league ko competition but you want to see your club win every match and tonight was exception. Good to see so many Blazey fans there tonight. A few more than 20 Dan!!

Anyway, 3 important issues from tonight.....

1. £2.40 for a pasty!! Well expensive but after rushing down after work I was hungry. Then to take a bite for it to taste like s###e!!! I hope the bin was hungry!! :angry:

2. No program!! :blink:

3. The Truro fools who were aloud to drink beer in the ground.....run along boys!! :drink:

Well done St Blazey.....bring on the Clyst!!

3. "The Truro fools who were aloud to drink beer in the ground.....run along boys!!"

When these Truro "fans" started shouting direct abuse at our small group of supporters behind the goal, calling us f*****g c***s etc (we had kids present!), I was really pleased to see how quickly the bloke on the tannoy gave a warning, as I know many clubs in our league would just let it go and hope they stop! Full marks TCFC!

Agreed Paul, probably about 30 Blazey fans on second thoughts!

Mountaineer,

Where on earth did those comments of yours come from? "Tin Pot Cup"?. I personally cringed when reading them and so I bet would have the new P.R company given charge of trying to put a new face of Truro City to the Cornish public.

I know you probably didn't mean it to come across as it did, but at best it was arrogant and worst down right provocative.

This was playing right into the hands of all the Truro Bashers who constantly carp on about only considering ourselves and of being arrogant. Well they had it in writing from you this time!

What ever levels we all achieve in life, football or otherwise, you should never ever forget your "Roots", it was not so long ago that THIS was the cup (league) to win, the success we have achieved over the last few seasons should never ever be seen as a hammer to knock the competitions we thought not so long ago very proud to have in our trophy cabinet.

I'm sure the sponsors of the Tin Pot Cup would be very hurt in hearing it referred to in that manor,

particularly when in todays climate with sponsorship monies being very difficult to come by, they continue to support the league with great enthusiasm.

I'm sure in hind sight the posting may have been written more compassionately! but for me it gave all those knockers the "ammunition" they keep looking for to fire straight back at us!

Sounds like it was a great cup tie and congrats to St Blazey, I watched a "Dour" encounter at Dartmouth, where Liskeard came away with the points when in reality no one deserved anything, in fact the football was that poor I would have taken points off them both!!

Regards

Mass

Some of us Truro supporters do like the league cups. The first team cup lets the fringe players have a game and the reserve team cup shows how well teams in the lower league can do compared to teams in the premier.

There wasn't a programme but a team sheet available from the pay hut which is all that has to be produced.

Line ups were:

Truro City: Jason peters, Sam Gerken, Ben Williams (Matt Roberts), Mamsy Sabo, Andy Van Evelingen© (Terry Rowe), Josh sims, Joe McQuade, Richie Rundle (Christian Lett), Liam Eddy, Lewis Ellis, Lewis Edwards

St Blazey: Dan Stevenson, Danny Bance (David Trot), Luke Rundle, Lewis Russell, Fergus Nevin, Ben Rix, Josh Higman, Jay Isbell, Jon Hoyles (Glyn Hooper), Chris Reski©, Danny Zalick

Lewis Russell 1-0 6

Ben Williams 1-1 45+3

Josh Higman 2-1 102

Liam Eddy 2-2 111

Danny Zalick 3-2 113

I have to say, it was one of the more gripping games I have watched this season - plenty for me to pay attention to in order to avoid making too many mistakes - which I often do, and for which I apologise profusely. The right team won, but Truro put together a stirring performance. At half time Truro were 11 - 1 down on corners and scored from theirs! things improved a little in the second half and it went to show that it is possible for teams not enjoying the bulk of possession and creating fewer chances to win games. Object lesson: the game isn't over until the ref whistles time. St Blazey's fans were certainly noisy - amusing to hear "Green Army!" being chanted after the recent Aviva ads - and I would imagine St Blazey could win it.