Cornwall Football Forum

Mining League Fixtures

Mining 3

Perranporth 3rds 7-0 Trevenson Res (HT 3-0)

any more info Jim, scorers etc...

Damo had 3, an OG, Darky, Danny and I think Rob got one.

They came at us at 100mph first half but we kept pace with them and were 3-0 up at half time through a Damo hat-trick. Ten minutes into the second half you could see they were tired through their first half efforts and we passed it about well and picked them off.

Titans 2 West Cornwall 0

Good game pretty even first half West cornwall missed a couple of chances & we missed a couple. HT 1-0 goal scored by jack stocker second half probably biased but Titans played West Cornwall off the park missing chance after chance at one point we missed an empty goal from a young & improving graham jewell for two -nil needless to say his son stepped up with a perfect free kick in the top right corner leaving the keeper helpless, very nice bunch of lads at west cornwall try the right way to play football but i think we were a lot stronger tonight. good luck West Cornwall for the rest of season :thumbsup:

ILLOGAN 2 MT AMBROSE 3

delighted with this win agains a very acomplished Illogan side. We rode our luck at times but just for our shher determination and effort deserved this win. Illogan played some very good football and with the side they got, will not lose many games this season. Following our 8-1 victory at the weekend against Threemilestone this has been an excellent 4 days for us. Everyone is battling for the team and with a couple more signings now on board and available for the weekend, things are looking good for Mount Ambrose.

Mount scorers: Jason Dyer, Daniel Richards and Tom biddle

Thanks to Neal and all at illogan for the game, played in the right spirit and for the attitude of the Illogan players after the game. They were first class. Good luck for the rest of the season lads!!!

Next up for Mount Ambrose is Cornish new boys Away on Sat.

Come on you Mount!!!

must agree with marksey.both teams tried to play football tonight. in the first half west cornwall had a couple of good chances and if they had scored first it would have made the game very interesting. in the second half i think titans took control of the game and should have scored from two open goals,but somehow didn't.when the second goal came i think it decided the game because we did not feel west cornwall would score two on the night. it was a well taken free kick from danny jewell. perhaps he had grahams shooting boots on tonight :P:lol: :lol:

Poor visibility my arse when i was up st buryan at 6 the sun was nearly shining and the pitches looked good , did they call a game off on sat as well a little suspicious i think .

Nothing suspicious here Jowan, Referee Simon Way called the game off around 5pm couldn't see across the pitch. Must agree with you though at 6pm could have easily been played.

Titans 2 - 0 West Cornwall

Fair refelction on the game from Marksy, West Cornwall were very poor tonight, no excuses. We went for it towards the end leaving oursleves open at the back but if your losing 2-0 you gotta go for it, we ended up with 5 players staying forward, hoping they wouldn't get a third, if they had shooting boots on we would've lost by 6, either way its still 3 points lost.

On to the next game.

Poor visibility my arse when i was up st buryan at 6 the sun was nearly shining and the pitches looked good , did they call a game off on sat as well a little suspicious i think .

Nothing suspicious here Jowan, Referee Simon Way called the game off around 5pm couldn't see across the pitch. Must agree with you though at 6pm could have easily been played.

how can you call a game off an over an hour before kick off due to visability?? thats ridiculous!

Storm res 6-1 Cornish New Boys (2-0 h/t)

Unlike what FDO said about the West Cornwall game, Storm did have there scoring boots on last night scoring pretty much everytime they had an attempt!!!

Storm scored quite early which knocked the wind out or our sails, then minutes later scored a very good free kick from the edge of the box.

Second half we came out and attacked storm a little more, but after they scored early on after the break the game was won from there. Although Cornish did get one back on one of the many second half attacks we had through Ryan Hooper (Me :P ), Storm went on to see out the game scoring 3 more.

Needless to say evreything went Storms way, and Cornish New Boys were well, well below par but all the same Storm deserved it on the night and played the better football throughout. Back to the drawing board for CNB, tough visit from high flyers Mt Ambrose at the weekend will provide little restbite as we bid to try and stay up!!!!!!

Well done though to Pricey on your fist win of the season at Storm though, cannot see how you have lost your opening three games on last nights showing very good young side. Good luck for the rest of the season and we'll see you at ours, where hopefully we'll put up a bit more of a showing and try and give you a game. :c:

Thanks Ryan!

Very happy with the performance of Storm Res tonight, and looking a little bit closer to what I expect of a team. I was lucky to get a couple of players back from work commitments although equally... I lost 2 players before kick off, one deciding to break his arm the week before (so selfish).

New boys looked quick on the break but our 2 new defenders looked strong and have made the side a bit more rigid hopefully. I am , however, worried because I have already lost one striker to the first team this season and then my other striker decides to score 4 in one game... watch this space!

Thank you to new boys, and with a few friends playing there I wish you luck in your efforts this season. i thought Andy Williams looked quality on the ball for you guys!

Mining 3

Perranporth 3rds 7 .v. Trevenson Utd. Res. 0

Beaten by a superb team last night. No qualms with the result. We were missing a few and, compared to our first 2 games, didn't play anywhere near as good football, but to be fair Perranporth didn't give us a chance to. We played against the wind 1st half and managed to hold it to 3. Came out for the 2nd half and not even a whisper of wind! In my eyes I can't see Perranporth losing any games this season, the word after was that 7 of their players played combo last year. We won't get too dishearted by this result and luckily we've only got a few days until we play again to get it out of our systems.

All the best to the Mining 3 champions for the rest of the season.

Mining 3

Perranporth 3rds 7 .v. Trevenson Utd. Res. 0

Beaten by a superb team last night. No qualms with the result. We were missing a few and, compared to our first 2 games, didn't play anywhere near as good football, but to be fair Perranporth didn't give us a chance to. We played against the wind 1st half and managed to hold it to 3. Came out for the 2nd half and not even a whisper of wind! In my eyes I can't see Perranporth losing any games this season, the word after was that 7 of their players played combo last year. We won't get too dishearted by this result and luckily we've only got a few days until we play again to get it out of our systems.

All the best to the Mining 3 champions for the rest of the season.

Let me correct you slightly there - 5 of last nights team were regulars in the combo team of 2 years ago that finished mid table, with 2 others having played at combo level before (one of which would probably be in Perran's current 1st team if he hadn't had numerous bad injuries over the last 3-4 years). One player did play in last years combo team - Lee Dark. He's in the Reserves squad, but has to play in the 3rds until two of the other reserve squad players who also played at Senior level last year have played 5 times at junior level in accordance with the Falmouth Helston League reinstatement rule.

Good luck to Trevenson for the rest of the season.

Thanks Ryan!

Very happy with the performance of Storm Res tonight, and looking a little bit closer to what I expect of a team. I was lucky to get a couple of players back from work commitments although equally... I lost 2 players before kick off, one deciding to break his arm the week before (so selfish).

New boys looked quick on the break but our 2 new defenders looked strong and have made the side a bit more rigid hopefully. I am , however, worried because I have already lost one striker to the first team this season and then my other striker decides to score 4 in one game... watch this space!

Thank you to new boys, and with a few friends playing there I wish you luck in your efforts this season. i thought Andy Williams looked quality on the ball for you guys!

Well done pricey great result last night see you tonight hopefully!!! well done to the boys great result wish i'd been there to see it work called last night sorry see you soon.

Titans 2 - 0 West Cornwall

Fair refelction on the game from Marksy, West Cornwall were very poor tonight, no excuses. We went for it towards the end leaving oursleves open at the back but if your losing 2-0 you gotta go for it, we ended up with 5 players staying forward, hoping they wouldn't get a third, if they had shooting boots on we would've lost by 6, either way its still 3 points lost.

On to the next game.

Dont believe u were very poor FDO, & dont want to say we were fantastic either but credit where credit is due u boys try & play football the right way. i know we have a couple of strong tacklers in our side but i would much rather play urselves than a team of munchers every week :rolleyes: Enjoy the rest of the season long way to go :drink:

Let me correct you slightly there - 5 of last nights team were regulars in the combo team of 2 years ago that finished mid table, with 2 others having played at combo level before (one of which would probably be in Perran's current 1st team if he hadn't had numerous bad injuries over the last 3-4 years). One player did play in last years combo team - Lee Dark. He's in the Reserves squad, but has to play in the 3rds until two of the other reserve squad players who also played at Senior level last year have played 5 times at junior level in accordance with the Falmouth Helston League reinstatement rule.

Fair play. I was just saying what we were told by a few of the spectators. End of the day, ex - combo or not, you really have got a fantastic side there and, without being dis-respectful to any of the other sides competing in Mining 3 this season, I believe you will win it this year. I look forward to seeing other teams opinions of you when they've played you.