Cornwall Football Forum

Mining League Results 05/09/2009

Mining League Div. 1

Trevenson Utd 2 .v. Redruth Utd 5

Mining League Div. 3

Goonhavern Res. 2 .v. Trevenson Utd Res. 1

Absolutely gutted to have lost today after having so many chances, especially 2nd half. All the scoring was complete in the 1st 45mins. Trevenson going 1 up when Shaun Wilkins hit the net after being found by Darren Copeland after some pretty even opening exchanges. We had a warning of what was to come when Goonhavern had a goal dis-allowed for offside, they equalised when we gave their midfielder too much time on the edge of the box to hit one that ( wind assisted ) hit the top corner. Goonhavern's 2nd came from inside our 6 yard box after we were slack on our marking and the ball was hit home. Second half it just wouldn't go in for us. Shaun Wilkins having a free kick cleared off the line, Simon Isaacs having a 1 on 1 saved, young Fabian couldn't connect with a header and from a corner I was guilty of not being able to move my feet quick enough to hit the ball. Just one of those days. Perranporth Res next on Tuesday night where we can hopefully put it right.

All the best to Goonhavern for the rest of the season.

Robartes 3 Gulval 1

Missed chances at the start meant first 45 could have finished 2-4. Robartes had a guy sent off for retaliation. Then clicked better with 10 than with 11. Late Gulval goal a consolation really at 'Bartes were coasting.

Well done boys, good nosh back at the pub too!

Cracking Game,Drama All 90! With Gulval Having The Better First Half,Many Chances For Gulval!! Then We Were Down To 10,Nicked A Goal! Went in at half time Extremely lucky be 1-0 Up! Came out 2nd half All Guns Blazing Grabbing a 2nd Through Mikey Catterall! Then A Good Counter Attack Saw Us add a 3rd with 20 to go,Last minute Gulval Goal! Good Game Played By Both Sides!!

Good Show At The Pub Afterwards Cheers Mike And Your Boys!!!

(Hope You Liked The Curry Sauce!! :P )

Storm 3 goonhavern 2

Good game Goonhavern dominated the early stages and played some really good football, it took us 25 mins before we even started clicking, then click we did, 2-0 at half time thanks to some good passages of play and some good finishing.

Goonhavern scored immediately after the restart through a cracking free kick and continued to play probably the better football, however Storm created all the chances and made it 3-1 after a good run and finish by marcus grasso, we then managed to miss about 5 gilt edged opportunities (myself included from 3 yards out), before Goonhavern scored a consolation in the last minute.

Goonhavern play some great footbal and pass and play from the back they will be up in the top half this season I think.

MINING LGE 1

GWINEAR 5 V SENNEN 4

GOOD WORKMANLIKE PERFORMANCE AGAIN FROM SENNEN,BUT NOTHING TO SHOW FOR IT....WE LED 2-1 AT HALF TIME,BUT DID THE OLD PREVERBIAL SHOOT YOURSELF IN THE FOOT SKETCH,IN THE SECOND HALF,GAVE AWAY A NEEDLESS PENALTY,THAT GOT THEM BACK IN,FROM THEN ON IT WENT 3-2..4-2..

BEFORE WE GOT BACK INTO IT,WITH GOALS TO MAKE IT 4-3..4-4..BUT A LATE STRIKE,AND A GOOD ONE AT THAT,SECURED THE WIN FOR THE HOME SIDE..GIVEN THE FACT THREE KEY PLAYERS NOT AVAILABLE,WE DID WELL.BUT NEED TO SECURE SOME POINTS SOON FROM SOMEWHERE....

THANKS TO GWINEAR FOR THEIR HOSPITALITY,THEY HAVE A DECENT SIDE,AND WILL DO WELL....

GOTTA PICK OURSELVES UP FOR OUR NEXT GAME WED,AT ST IVES TOWN..

Wendron 5ths 1 - 3 Gulval

The 1st half was evenly matched with Wendron taking a 1-0 lead and Gulval scored late in the 2nd half both teams creating chances and playing well. In the second half Wendron bought on there subs and just could'nt get into the game, We created a few good chances but could'nt put them away. Guvals 2nd goal was scored by a corner and the 3rd was a good strike and a good goal. There was a few dodgy decisions not by the ref by the linesmen yes i hold my hand up for 1 dodgy decision i got it from a happy meal from Mcdonalds but Guvals linesmen must have got his from a cheap christmas cracker. But in the end Gulval wanted it more in the 2nd half and deserved that win. We Wendron are not letting our heads drop afer not getting any points yet, We still hav'nt had our full strengh squad playing damn cricketers lol

Best of luck to Gulval for the rest of the season.

Praze on wens so were looking forward to uping our game and getting a result.

MINING LGE 1

GWINEAR 5 V SENNEN 4

GOOD WORKMANLIKE PERFORMANCE AGAIN FROM SENNEN,BUT NOTHING TO SHOW FOR IT....WE LED 2-1 AT HALF TIME,BUT DID THE OLD PREVERBIAL SHOOT YOURSELF IN THE FOOT SKETCH,IN THE SECOND HALF,GAVE AWAY A NEEDLESS PENALTY,THAT GOT THEM BACK IN,FROM THEN ON IT WENT 3-2..4-2..

BEFORE WE GOT BACK INTO IT,WITH GOALS TO MAKE IT 4-3..4-4..BUT A LATE STRIKE,AND A GOOD ONE AT THAT,SECURED THE WIN FOR THE HOME SIDE..GIVEN THE FACT THREE KEY PLAYERS NOT AVAILABLE,WE DID WELL.BUT NEED TO SECURE SOME POINTS SOON FROM SOMEWHERE....

THANKS TO GWINEAR FOR THEIR HOSPITALITY,THEY HAVE A DECENT SIDE,AND WILL DO WELL....

Is Brett *Ginger* Murton still playing for Gwinear?

MINING 2

Mount Ambrose 8 - 1 Threemilestone Res :D:yahoo:

Awesome performance from Mount today, both as a team and players individualy. TMS gave a good account of themselves in the first half and pulled a goal back after Mount took a two goal league but Mount hit strait back to go into half time 3.1 up.

Expected TMS to come at us in the second half but Mount scored several early goals and dominated the rest of the game both physically and with the ball.

Looking forward to a tough away tie at Illogan 3rds on Tuesday, good luck to TMS for the rest of the season, see you up at your place. :)

:c:

Mining 2

Mount Ambrose 8 - 1 Threemilestone res (h/t 3 - 1) :clapper:

Nice, Who scored?

Jason had 4, Tom had 3 (dont know their last names yet lol) and Dan Richards had one. No goals for me but had quite a few assists so im happy with that!!! :P

St Ives Mariners 4 v Rosudgeon Res 4

Some game!!! Rosudgeon were 1.0 down in the first 10mins with a sloppy goal,Then we found our feet,Got going and were 2.1 up after a close finish from Matty, Ozzie was brought down for a penalty which he cooly slotted away.St Ives came in 3.2 at half time.We got back on level terms with another Oz finish.

With 2mins to play St Ives made it 4.3 and were looking good for the win.Then a late corner from Rosudgeon led to a scramble in the box which was finished by sub and manager Guv.The ref blew up straight from the re-start.

Rosudgeon showed real resilience to come from behind 3 times in a hard fought game,Showing tremendous character and keeping a well earned great start to the season.

All the best to the St Ives lads good side and good lads :c:

Matty 1

Ozzie 2

Guv 1

mining 2

mousehole 3 titans 6 h/t 3-2

after going 3-0 down early on titans woke up and competed well to come back and win 6-3 but we cannot keep giving goals away before we start playing.hope the mousehole no10 who had to go off with an ankle injury will be ok good luck to mousehole and see you at ours.

titans goal scorers:-

ben penberthy 2

mark mitchell

pete barnes

adam brown

lee byrnes

:clapper::c: :drink:

mining 2

mousehole 3 titans 6 h/t 3-2

after going 3-0 down early on titans woke up and competed well to come back and win 6-3 but we cannot keep giving goals away before we start playing.hope the mousehole no10 who had to go off with an ankle injury will be ok good luck to mousehole and see you at ours.

titans goal scorers:-

ben penberthy 2

mark mitchell

pete barnes

adam brown

lee byrnes

:clapper::c::drink:

Very good comeback, must have been a very interesting game to watch. Mousehole must be kicking themselves after losing a 3 goal lead.

Cornish New Boys 6-1 Halsetown.

A good alround game from the new boys, again scoreline doesn't reflect what happened on the pitch, the new boys deserved the win and the defence had a great game so that their keeper didn't have to do much.

It was end to end with the new boys taking more of there chances and halsetown unable to break down our backline. Great game today and thanks to halsetown for an enjoyable saturday afternoon. Good goal Ant Hopkins, you left the keeper with no chance. (own goal). but to be fair twas my fault as I should have come and clamed the ball.

MINING 2

Awesome performance from Mount today, both as a team and players individualy. TMS gave a good account of themselves in the first half and pulled a goal back after Mount took a two goal league but Mount hit strait back to go into half time 3.1 up.

Expected TMS to come at us in the second half but Mount scored several early goals and dominated the rest of the game both physically and with the ball.

Looking forward to a tough away tie at Illogan 3rds on Tuesday, good luck to TMS for the rest of the season, see you up at your place. :)

Mining 2

Nice, Who scored?

Jason had 4, Tom had 3 (dont know their last names yet lol) and Dan Richards had one. No goals for me but had quite a few assists so im happy with that!!! :P

Are you joking TMS didn't even bother in the second half. all the decent players gave up due to the tripe they was playing with!!! As for winning the Physical battle, i find that hard to believe after mount ambrose players were the ones cring everytime they were challenged.

The fact is M.A. where averge and TMS were very very very poor Unless TMS sign better players they WILL be relegated.

Storm 3 Goonhavern 2

Totally agree with Matchu78.....Goonhavern played some lovely stuff at times....but with the break for the spade and the dog dirt...and couple of injuries....lost goals at crucial times....I thought at one time it was going to be a 0-0 stalemate...but sometimes we overplayed it....got caught in possession and paid the price....we said in the dressing room afterwards...we will play a lot worse and win....but thats football....good luck to Storm.....I think the return and any cup matches are going to be very close.....

Agree with matchu and bertie as said goonhavern played some good passing football and it took us some time to get accustomed to their shape and structure but when we did we broke them down continously and our pace and movement up front feared them and with this gained our 2 goal lead at half time. The same for the second half as goonhavern flew out of the traps and gained a free kick at the edge of the box in which their player dispatched with an excellent curling free kick. Goonhavern then pushed for the equaliser and storm where catching them on the break quite regularly now and causing them problems and again our finishing letting us down. Goonhavern then conceded another from grasso cutting in and shooting from 18 yards in which the keeper could only parry into the net 3-1, goonhavern then pushed with four and five up front to try and get back into the game but the storm defence held firm until the last minute when their was a goal mouth scramble and goonhavern tucked away the loose ball 3-2.

Thanks to the goonhavern boys who played great football at times and i wish them every success good bunch of lads and especially Kev at the back as we have a combined age of 83 lol.

Newlyn 1 Four Lanes 2

Four Lanes scorers Ian (Shifty) Stephens and Brett Adams(Pen), good result played in the right spirit. Newlyn had a player sent off with 25 to go(professional foul)ref had no choice,but this only seemed to improve them and they battled really hard and could of nicked an equaliser in the last 5, Good luck to Newyn for the rest of the season.

MINING LGE 1

GWINEAR 5 V SENNEN 4

What a game for your man watching on the sidelines 9 goal thriller ! :drink:

1st half Gwinear created chance after chance with some fine passing and runs but to be honest I can't imagine many teams in this league will allow us so much time and space in and around the final third. During the break it was pointed out that we were not playing with the same intensity and respect for the opposition as we had done Wednesday night against Storm , because instead of being out of sight by half time Gwinear found themselves 2 1 down . The second half had no sooner started and Gwin were level when Ryan Turner got the other side of Sennen's grunting centre half and he gave the ref no choice with a clumsy challenge that resulted in Turner slotting the pen himself. Gwinear were alive again and a great move resulted in Perry entering the area wide on the left but instead of picking any one out he hit a ripping shot that left the keeper with no chance 3 2 , then for 20 minutes it was an onslaught , another stone wall pen some how was given as a free kick :SM_carton_y: and in between Dagger missing twice when 1 on 1 with the keeper Perry grabbed his second and Gwinears 4th . If Gwin had finished with 8 9 or 10 it would have been no injustice but again Gwin slipped into 1st half mode of taking their foot off the gas and a plucky Sennen side got two goals back to pull level at 4 4 . Gwinear dug deep and pushed for the winner that Jamie Thomas claimed with a breath taking run through the visiting defence before unleashing a rocket ! :yahoo: 5 4 and three points but a few grey hairs for The Boss man I think.

I watched Sennen play a very strong Robartes team last week and the spirit they showed again yesterday I’m sure they will compete well and well played thought your keeper was in great form both games . Good luck for the season lads. :clapper:

Guest Postie Pidge

The 1st half was evenly matched with Wendron taking a 1-0 lead and Gulval scored late in the 2nd half both teams creating chances and playing well. In the second half Wendron bought on there subs and just could'nt get into the game, We created a few good chances but could'nt put them away. Guvals 2nd goal was scored by a corner and the 3rd was a good strike and a good goal. There was a few dodgy decisions not by the ref by the linesmen yes i hold my hand up for 1 dodgy decision i got it from a happy meal from Mcdonalds but Guvals linesmen must have got his from a cheap christmas cracker. But in the end Gulval wanted it more in the 2nd half and deserved that win. We Wendron are not letting our heads drop afer not getting any points yet, We still hav'nt had our full strengh squad playing damn cricketers lol

Best of luck to Gulval for the rest of the season.

Thought Rhondda had a very good game as ref before coming on as a sub for their striker who picked up many different injuries during the game! :c:

totally agree with Treasure Parks....Storm did have some quick lads upfront...and were a constant menace....If you think yourself and Kev are old Mr Treasure Park....then I must take the distinction of being the oldest on the pitch yesterday....so the combined age of us three is now at 125!!!

good luck for the rest of the season to Storm.....

MINING 2

Mining 2

Nice, Who scored?

Are you joking TMS didn't even bother in the second half. all the decent players gave up due to the tripe they was playing with!!! As for winning the Physical battle, i find that hard to believe after mount ambrose players were the ones cring everytime they were challenged.

The fact is M.A. where averge and TMS were very very very poor Unless TMS sign better players they WILL be relegated.

Saying that TMS didn't even bother in the second half kind of proves a point really. And as for 'crying everytime we were challenged'....surely this is just sour grapes???? As knee high challenges while several goals down shows that TMS have serious problems within their reserves set up. Mount dominated the game and thoroughly deserved the win, of which should have been by an even greater margin. Should be an interesting season for both sides, and I am pleased with how we, Mount have performed so far.

totally agree with Treasure Parks....Storm did have some quick lads upfront...and were a constant menace....If you think yourself and Kev are old Mr Treasure Park....then I must take the distinction of being the oldest on the pitch yesterday....so the combined age of us three is now at 125!!!

good luck for the rest of the season to Storm.....

thanks bertie doing my sums tho i'm 43 kev is 40 so you must be 42 so that means i was the oldest on the pitch not many older than me still playin!! lol best of luck mate and give kev my regards.

Mining 2

St Agnes (3rds?) 4 - 1 Storm FC Res

Problems in our side at the moment. Not making any excuses we are not good enough at the moment and it is really getting on my nerves. 3 new signings this week will undoubtedly improve us, and with a large group of players coming back soon I think we can turn things round.

Before anyone points it out... 3 games as manager... 3 losses... goal difference of -13... CHUCK STEAK!

So many players missing on Saturday that I had to put the boots on again... 90 mins later and legs were killing.

Well done Aggie, apologies for not coming back to the bar. Not a case of bad losers I can assure you, just wanted to head home for showers. Good luck for the season

Mining 2

Problems in our side at the moment. Not making any excuses we are not good enough at the moment and it is really getting on my nerves. 3 new signings this week will undoubtedly improve us, and with a large group of players coming back soon I think we can turn things round.

Before anyone points it out... 3 games as manager... 3 losses... goal difference of -13... CHUCK STEAK!

So many players missing on Saturday that I had to put the boots on again... 90 mins later and legs were killing.

Well done Aggie, apologies for not coming back to the bar. Not a case of bad losers I can assure you, just wanted to head home for showers. Good luck for the season

Can't believe that one Pricey, about getting back for the showers. Maybe you did, but the half of your squad that was New Boys last year they didn't shower once after a game last season. LOL. See you guys on tuesday. If any one wants to come and watch it's New Boys v New Boys.

Sat 5th Sept.

Div 1.

Chacewater 2, St Buryan 4

Gwinear 5, Sennen 4

Halsetown 3, Illogan 5.

Newlyn 1 Four Lanes 2.

Robartes 3, Gulval 1.

Storm 3, Goonhavern 2.

Threemilestone 5, St Ives 1.

Trevenson 2, Redruth 5.

Div 2.

Cornish New Boys 6 Halsetown 1.

Ludgvan v Illogan- OFF.

Madron 7 Trispen 1.

Mount Ambrose 8, Threemilestone 1.

Mousehole 3 Titans 6.

St Agnes 4 Storm 1.

Div 3.

Goonhavern 2, Trevenson 1.

Marazion 4 Madron 0.

Perranporth 5, Newlyn 0.

Praze v Carbis Bay - OFF.

St Buryan v Redruth - OFF.

St Ives mar 4 Rosudgeon 4.

Wendron 1, Gulval 3.

Credit where credit is due pal, we made you look poor. And as for the physcical battle you had a fella at the back who won a few headers but other then that we were all over your boys, the fact that you admit that the 'decent players' gave up merely confirms that. :SM_carton_y:

As for crying, you had a 6 foot plus goalkeeper who squalled like a baby whenever anybody went up for a challenge with him and refused to shake anybodys hand after the game. :SM_carton:

I tried to write a match-report that was agreeable to read for all involved with the game but if you want to hear it as it really was, it was men against boys. Simple as!

There was a few dodgy decisions not by the ref by the linesmen yes i hold my hand up for 1 dodgy decision i got it from a happy meal from Mcdonalds but Guvals linesmen must have got his from a cheap christmas cracker.

HOLD ON A MINUTE PAL. You CLEARLY state that you were running the line for your team and yet you also claim that you were able to see our linesman giving offsides that weren't???. Some eyes you have there fella!!.

Sorry but that's just plain silly.. The arguments I remember your attackers having were, firstly 2 attackers went for a ball that was played through from the midfield. 1attacker WAS offside, 1 WASN'T. However, both went for the ball and therefore the offside HAD TO BE GIVEN...

Secondly, We were attacking and our attack got broken down, the ball got slammed forward and your striker was clean through BUT the flag went up. Well he was the ONLY PLAYER IN OUR HALF, so I think it's fair to say he WAS offside.

Many decisions are marginal my friend, BUT, to basically call our club or any representative of it a cheat is shit out of order. The game was played in great spirit, despite your young lad (Ben?) doing an Eduardo in the 1st half and then kicking out/stamping on our keeper in the 2nd half.

You've got a good bunch of lads there and a real gem in goal. It WOULD have been MUCH worse for you if it wasn't for Pidge between the sticks, BUT you've just let them all down with that accusation. FACT..

Mining 2

Can't believe that one Pricey, about getting back for the showers. Maybe you did, but the half of your squad that was New Boys last year they didn't shower once after a game last season. LOL. See you guys on tuesday. If any one wants to come and watch it's New Boys v New Boys.

Like the joke Gaff but lets see how many of the "NEW BOYS OLD BOYS" start on Tuesday and count them up. Like I said in the previous post, 3 new signings and a couple of players coming back from bans/injury/work so it might just be the "STORM NEW BOYS"???

See you Tuesday mate, you must be rubbing your hands together at the thought of playing us at the moment!

Pricey

Mining 2

unfortunately dave i'm unable to make it myself, my jerk of a boss has sent me to Glasgow to work. We also are down to bare minimum i myself have had to play 2 games already this season which doesn't look good for the team, look forward to the game lets hope it goes New Boys way. See you around.

Like the joke Gaff but lets see how many of the "NEW BOYS OLD BOYS" start on Tuesday and count them up. Like I said in the previous post, 3 new signings and a couple of players coming back from bans/injury/work so it might just be the "STORM NEW BOYS"???

See you Tuesday mate, you must be rubbing your hands together at the thought of playing us at the moment!

Pricey

Jason Dyer. good signing for you boys looked like a nice finisher when I was at ambrose.

Yeah he is playing very well at the moment, he scored 6 goals in 2 league games so far. The team as a whole a performing quite well aswell, creating plenty of chances, scoring goals from all different positions and playing some tidy football!

Guest Postie Pidge

You've got a good bunch of lads there and a real gem in goal. It WOULD have been MUCH worse for you if it wasn't for Pidge between the sticks, BUT you've just let them all down with that accusation. FACT..

Thanks Coopsie, you didn't mention my sporting touch though! :clapper:

Halsetown 3 - 5 Illogan

3-1 down with 20 mins to go but managed to turn it around. Just what we needed to hopefully kick start our season.

The ref had a great game today as well had him a few times now and he is by far the best around.

Good game with loads of goals and missed chances. Agree the ref was excellent. Shame we couldn't have him running the line too!

Difference was the subs Illogan could call upon. Halsetown had 7 players out and fielded 4 changes from midweek game. Illogan superb for last 15-20 mins.

Thanks to Halsetown Inn for bringing out extra food after our keeper ate 8 sausages!