Cornwall Football Forum

Mining League Results 05/09/2009

Guest Postie Pidge

Halsetown 3 - 5 Illogan

3-1 down with 20 mins to go but managed to turn it around. Just what we needed to hopefully kick start our season.

The ref had a great game today as well had him a few times now and he is by far the best around.

Paul Windle again

You've got a good bunch of lads there and a real gem in goal. It WOULD have been MUCH worse for you if it wasn't for Pidge between the sticks, BUT you've just let them all down with that accusation. FACT..

Thanks Coopsie, you didn't mention my sporting touch though! :clapper:

That's a bloody good point Pidge mate, and I apologise wholeheartedly.

For those that have no clue what we're on about......

We (Gulval) had an attack in the 1st half which ended up with the ball eventually rolling towards the goal touchline with Pidge rushing across to gather it before it went out of play. He got to the ball BUT there were many screams of "corner" coming from the Gulval players. Both the ref and linesman were behind play at the time and could not possibly tell whether the ball had actually gone out of play. The ref was about to do as most seem to do and go in favor of the defensive team and carry on as if the ball was kept in play. Infact, most of us were getting back into position when Pidges little voice came out of nowhere and said "IT WAS A CORNER REF". This was obviously greeted with applause and praise from the Gulval players and pretty much set the tone for the rest of the game.

It was indeed a superb touch of sportsmanship Pidge and your whole club should be damn proud of you.

Good on you bud. :c: :clapper:

Haha I'm glad you mentioned it because I've been meaning to say something - YOUR CORNER WAS RUBBISH!!!

Thanks mate. I guess you melted my heart with your gesture of sportsmanship ;) .. I wont mention the trouble your team had with every corner after that though, and the one that we scored from in the second half :P ..

Sad as it is mate, I had a say in all 3 goals :o .. 1st goal came from me controlling a long kick from the keeper, turning and shooting, but hit the defender in the face, young Noah put the rebound in your top left hand corner. 2nd goal from my corner ;) , 3rd goal from your defender clearing the ball BUT it went straight to me who played a 1st time ball back to the attacker who crossed for Phil Harvey to get his second..

I guess between the two of us, we made the game enjoyable mate.. :c:

actually coopsie i think i scored wha and skinned all your players la la up the dron

Erm, Ok :unsure: .. (What did he say? :mellow: )...

Coopsie the main thing is YOU didn't score - this time anyway!

Well that's because I didn't try to score young Pidge ;) Do you remember me even attempting to shoot?. .. Team first buddy, me second.. If I was played upfront, I would score. When I'm played on the wing, I ALWAYS look to find a team mate. Glory is for attention seekers, I'm there to put them in the spotlight :c: