Cornwall Football Forum

Chris Webb Official Statement

Statement released to the press this evening:-

After several meetings with Chairman Kevin Heaney and talking to my family who have supported me over the years, I have decided to carry on as Vice Chairman of Truro City Football Club in a voluntary capacity on match days only. After 30 years service at The Club it was not difficult to accept the position.

Kevin and I have spent the last five years together as good friends making this club what it is today. I made the decision to leave initially due to the hours and duties required by the new commercial company at the club, which made it impossible for me to carry on my role as Vice Chairman.

I am delighted that Kevin has asked me back and I would like to thank everyone for their kind support over the last few weeks

REgards

Webby

Statement released to the press this evening:-

After several meetings with Chairman Kevin Heaney and talking to my family who have supported me over the years, I have decided to carry on as Vice Chairman of Truro City FC in a voluntary position on match days only.

After 30 years service at this great club it was not difficult to say yes, Kevin and I have spent the last five years together as good friends making this club what it is today.

The decision to leave was due to the hours of work and duties given to me by the new Commercial company at the club I had to move on.

I am delighted that Kevin has asked me back to continue my role as Vice Chairman, of which I am vey proud of, I would like to thank everyone for their kind support of the last couple of weeks.

Regards

Webby

top man.well done mate :clapper::c: :clapper:

Guest watcher

Now be a good boy and don't throw your toys out of the pram again or that nice Mr Heaney might not take you back next time.

Webby has always been Mr Truro, no doubt about that.

But he's going to be a Voluntary Vice Chairman on match days only. What exactly does that entail? I don't understand why he didn't just remain a supporter and therefore potentially save himself a whole lot of bother

Webby has always been Mr Truro, no doubt about that.

But he's going to be a Voluntary Vice Chairman on match days only. What exactly does that entail? I don't understand why he didn't just remain a supporter and therefore potentially save himself a whole lot of bother

I guess it means he gets to sit in the posh seats