Cornwall Football Forum

Is Tom Smith Leaving Truro?

Guest john

What is the latest on Tom Smith? The West Briton said that he could be going to Falmouth Town?

I remember Truro supporters posting that all players from last year had signed new contracts?

Just looking at old threads it was somersetspur who said that ALL PLAYERS HAVE SIGNED NEW CONTRACTS

If it happerns it will be a great signing for Falmouth. I am sure he would team up well at the back with Sean Flynn,who still has alot to offer!

1 out of 3 not bad ,not a great percentage though 33%,would'nt pass many exams with that mark.

Somersetspur said, ALL PLAYERS HAVE AGREED TO SIGN,NOT HAVE SIGNED.

But I would say Tom probably wont be at Truro next season,he is the only one that hasnt signed YET.

Suppose thats the reason behind Truro's efforts to sign more Centre Halves.

Before you question 1out of 3.

Liam Eddy and Jake Ash have signed for Truro.

They were going to leave as well.

Im sure Jake Ash will return to his home club and the club that discovered him one day!! That club being Falmouth! Best of luck Truro for the season!

more then a rumour i am affraid

i like truro very much and dont spread things im not certain about

After various rumours,it has been confirmed ALL OF LAST SEASON 1ST TEAM SQUAD HAVE SIGNED

contracts for next season.

Good job I dont listen to these ill informed rumour mongers.

nope ss you defo said all the 1st team squad have signed not they have agreed to sign

maybe you should listen to the ill informed rumurs

Guest Postie Pidge

Im sure Jake Ash will return to his home club and the club that discovered him one day!! That club being Falmouth! Best of luck Truro for the season!

Budleigh Salterton ?

According to sources close to tom, he has decided to join Falmouth Town. His reason behind this is that he doesn't feel he be able to go much further with City and will not be with them if they get to the conference. Therefore, he has decided that the best decision long term is to play at a lower level. He will be greatly missed, good luck Tom. He was a rock at the back and could score from 40 yards!

Everyone at Truro will be sad to see Tom leave.He has been a great servant and team captain for us.

To be quite honest I think Tom may have struggled a bit in the league we are about to play in this season with his lack of pace,apart from that he has everything a great defender should have and should be a top man at Falmouth as he will be without doubt the best central defender in that league.

Thanks for everything you have given to Truro City Tom,and best of luck at Falmouth Town.

• 2 weeks later...

Truro will struggle this year with smith gone and yetton injured also the youg lad they got in goal will struggle they need someone like martin rice back also how on earth could they charge £10 to watch plymouth when you can watch man utd vs valencia for the same pricei,i watched the plymouth match and i can see both teams struggling this year and i will be glad to see the back of sturrock i went to take his photo amd it came out blurred i asked to take another and he said no he also said no to having his photo taken with the truro ball girls the nicest man in football neil warnock was so different he had time for everybody i would love to see sturrock gone and neil warnock back at home park,dont forget the liverpool legends at newquay soon. :c:

Guest truroreservesfan

just wondering if Truro 2nds have got any new players in for this season and also who has left?????

i kw sam cooper has gone and i heard tom russel, josh sims, martyn moon, andy van elingen and terry rowe are going!!!

i believe they have signed matt mcillroy and his uncle.

as for the lads leaving martin moon has also signed for pz and tom russel for penryn.

i know that josh simms andy van evelingen and terry rowe have all recieved offers to go elsewhere it would b outragous if they hadnt but none have left yet and i hope they dont, they were solid players for us last season, havent seen josh play this season yet but im sure he will pick up from where he left off and being in and around the 1st team he wont wanna move on, as for andy and terry they have started off the way they finished last season and that is very strong and confident. it would be a big lose to the 2nds if they left and broke up a strong back line, but maybe the lure of money will persuade the 3 of them and in terrys case less travelling to training. if u 3 r readin this i think i speak for most fans and players we want u all to stay. city for the title and promotion :drink: :yahoo:

Guest Postie Pidge

He could have a point. As Dave Deacon pointed out not so long ago when you mention Cornish Football to an outsider most would mention Falmouth (even though they haven't done much in recent seasons!)

He could have a point. As Dave Deacon pointed out not so long ago when you mention Cornish Football to an outsider most would mention Falmouth (even though they haven't done much in recent seasons!)

postie i have known mr t for 48yrs,and yes very often talks out of his backside, heeee :clapper:

It seems longer,at least you can take a joke Mr.J,not like the other Truro fans on this forum.Mind you most of them have been fans for at least 4 years. :SM_carton: :ninja:

Truro will struggle this year with smith gone and yetton injured also the youg lad they got in goal will struggle they need someone like martin rice back also how on earth could they charge £10 to watch plymouth when you can watch man utd vs valencia for the same pricei,i watched the plymouth match and i can see both teams struggling this year and i will be glad to see the back of sturrock i went to take his photo amd it came out blurred i asked to take another and he said no he also said no to having his photo taken with the truro ball girls the nicest man in football neil warnock was so different he had time for everybody i would love to see sturrock gone and neil warnock back at home park,dont forget the liverpool legends at newquay soon. :c:

My youngest lad has just left school (16) and he went to watch Argyle with a mate of his and they had to pay £10 each to watch!! it's cheaper to watch a match at home park!! shame on them!! :c:

Guest Postie Pidge

postie i have known mr t for 48yrs,and yes very often talks out of his backside, heeee

48 years - just under my years on Earth doubled! Can't disagree then...