Cornwall Football Forum

FA VASE Truro City v Whitley Bay

Guest Helston Patriot

I heard the bump when the Truro ego's got brought back down to earth... Should learn from this result and move forward!! Best of luck for the rest of season :c:

Shane....I dont support Truro. I support St Blazey.....another Cornish club. Theres more out there if you take a look. Well be there hoping to turn Truro over on tuesday night, but with all the monet hteyve spent that shouldnt happen. What Ive wrote has sod all to do with their result today.....more a look towards tuesday night.

"Shanethebuck", what the hell are you trying to achieve on this forum tonight?

I am totally impartial to your comments and of course YOU and all of US are entitled to voice our opinions. So relax and read over your postings here tonight and ask yourself if you really are happy or proud of them?

Cheers

Damned disappointing result, no question. Also nothing to do but pick ourselves up, dust ourselves down, and get on with everything else, starting Tuesday night.

Shanethebuck -- it's good you feel so strongly about Truro, but you may not be doing the side any favors by ticking people off. It just plays into the worst stereotypes about City supporters, which plenty around the Duchy are prepared to believe.

And that business about the money is a neat psychological trick, Paul -- it's a no-lose situation for you, then, isn't it? If City win, you've only lost to the money, but if St. Blazey win then you can crow about beating the team. Convenient, that.

Here's to an exciting, competitive match Tuesday night, where nobody notices the officials, and with the right result!

UP THE CITY

Well Truro lost what of it, as most of you know I am a Falmouth town suporter, but this will not be the only set back for Truro these things happen, But I am sure that they will pick them selves up from this defeat & move on, I am sure that they will continue to do well in the League, let us look back to last year, when the competition first started, How many of you really believed at that stage Truro would go on & win the Cup,

I was though very suprised to see so many fans leaving well before the end of the match, that does not do the moral of any team good when they see so many people leaving the ground before the end,

So come on City fans if you are true suporters stick it out & give your team true suport.

Hammers :SM_carton_y::c: :c:

Paul no disrespect to St Blazey but how the hell can you come on here and slate Truro and call them the money boys when St Blazey won the sw league 6 or 7 times on the trot by bringing in the best players.

Don't tell me it was the way the pitch ran along the railway line that got them wanting to play for St Blazey.

Truro had over 13,000 turn up at Wembley last year and it was a great day out, although we all support or are invloved in other teams throughout the county we still wanted and cheered when they won.

We watch the senior cup final and junior cup finals everyyear and even if our team doesnt make it we go along and pick a team we want to win.

If any of you don't like what Truro is doing then you don't need to comment on it because it doesnt effect you. The fact of the matter is we would all like to have a Kevin Heaney come into our club and make it the best it can be.

The people who hate Truro are jealous of the funds available not because of the players because they play some good football and at the end of the day thats what we all want to see.

Johnie, your talking rubbish!! Just winding up a few city fans. Im all for Truro giving it ago. I wish St Blazey had even more money and could have done what they are doing, but without the funds, its not really worth it. Unless you can really move up the pyramid, you wont see better grounds or crowds than what you see round here now. Truro have that and good luck to them. As for wanting them or anyone else to win, that isnt me. I want to see my club I support win, what others do has nothing to do with me. I didnt need others to want Blazey to win when they were fighting it out for everything. But you gota give em a bit of stick now....were playing them tuesday for gods sake!!

P.s. Xembla, the money thing was always thrown at St Blazey, now we throw it back its a hanging offence!! St Blazey were almost £97million better off on friday night!! Sadly, the 6 numbers on my euro millions ticket wernt correct. To say we against a bit of money is rubbish......all grants more than welcome!!

P.P.S....Whats wrong with the railway track? Maybe they liked the flowing river next to that also!!

Hammers.

As a fellow Falmouth Town Fan I hope you werent at Treyew Road putting money into the already full City coffers instead of watching the Town get the closest to the Easter Monday finals for 10 long years (I think). I would rather travel 500 miles to watch a Town game than travel 500m to watch them lot.

Guest cornish pasty

it was men against boys. apart from the new signing and power Whitley Bay towered over Truro.

Reski, Watton, Yetton, and even Martin and Gosling arent the biggest of players and it told as virtually all 50/50s went Whitley Bays way.

No shame in going out in the last 16of a national competition to the probable winners.

No worries Johnnie. The Truro boys dont enjoy the banter to much, although Kit seems to be up for a good battle tomorrow night. I just hope its a good game and the Blazey put up a good fight. Roll on tomorrow night. :drink:

Paul,make no mistake Truro know that they will in for a hard game tomorrow night.The encounters of our teams go back more years than I care to remember.One thing is for sure,Truro will give St Blazey the respect that they deserve,and will know anything can happen when 2 county rivals meet on the field especially when its the Cornwall Senior Cup at stake.

Hope you bring good support as it should be a great game to watch.May the best team win,(I dont mind as long as they are wearing WHITE and roar like TIGERS) HA HA HA.

KIT.

No worries Johnnie. The Truro boys dont enjoy the banter to much, although Kit seems to be up for a good battle tomorrow night. I just hope its a good game and the Blazey put up a good fight. Roll on tomorrow night. :drink:

Paul,make no mistake Truro know that they will in for a hard game tomorrow night.The encounters of our teams go back more years than I care to remember.One thing is for sure,Truro will give St Blazey the respect that they deserve,and will know anything can happen when 2 county rivals meet on the field especially when its the Cornwall Senior Cup at stake.

Hope you bring good support as it should be a great game to watch.May the best team win,(I dont mind as long as they are wearing WHITE and roar like TIGERS) HA HA HA.

KIT.

We should have a good few coming tomorrow night and I no there will be a few flags coming!! Whats the far end of the ground like now? Is it still tarmac and then mud or has a fence been put up or something else? Should be a good evening......If we win!! :yahoo:

KIT.

We should have a good few coming tomorrow night and I no there will be a few flags coming!! Whats the far end of the ground like now? Is it still tarmac and then mud or has a fence been put up or something else? Should be a good evening......If we win!! :yahoo:

I have not been down that end all season as I always stay at the club end.But as far as I know it is pretty tidy down at that end.Put it this way,it must be ok as there were lots down at that end last Saturday.

If the game is as good as our last encounter at the begining of last season in the Vase I will be happy,if the final score is the same I will be really really happy.

Hope you enjoy it Paul.

KIT.

Guest plainmoor

it was men against boys. apart from the new signing and power Whitley Bay towered over Truro.

Reski, Watton, Yetton, and even Martin and Gosling arent the biggest of players and it told as virtually all 50/50s went Whitley Bays way.

No shame in going out in the last 16of a national competition to the probable winners.

They only played 2 or 3 games to get to the last 16 games, once you pass round 3 one year, the next you can bypass all the preliminary rounds the next.