Cornwall Football Forum

FA Cup 2nd Rd Qual at Winchester - Sat Sept 17th 2016

• 2 weeks later...

As there is nothing going on ON THE FIELD perhaps we need to switch our interest of what's going on OFF it. Either way this may be an interesting week, I turned up and did not enjoy what was laid out for us to watch, like all our supporters we made the effort, it is a pity those who should matter couldn't. Still angry yes.

Four years ago this month we lost 8 - 0 at Maidenhead, Lee will remember it we were losing 1 - 0 at half time in a game we could have been winning, then the wheels came off but that day we had 45 minutes entertainment  yesterday we didn't even have five. Phew, hope I cool down for Wealdstone next Saturday.

WAS CODY COOKE TAKEN ILL? - So had to come off?

Then to bring RORY on to FALL ON his sword, 

Sorry OOF IT ball is NOT football and football is a team game where you communicate and share the ball, not give it away. There is no one on God's earth who could explain yesterday's shambles but next week we will be there hoping, or should I say demanding better.

• 1 month later...

Massive congratulations to the FIVE ex TCFC players who were deemed not good enough,but have now guided Taunton Town to the 1st Rd proper of the F.A.CUP.

After beating two teams from Vanarama League South,Hampton/Richmond B and Hemel Hempstead,they now face a home tie against Conference side Barrow.

With nearly 1300 at the previous game ,what will be the attendence for this game.?

Will it be on T.V.?

Massive financial gains for this Club.

Oh Truro,if only.

I agree well done Taunton, but we have to trust our manager and no doubt you guys speak to him at away matches so ask him why he let those players leave, I for one hate the fact that the club are using so many players on loan, is it because  the club are playing a dangerous game by saying they just want to stay up this season  and in thinking that if we are in trouble we can rely on players that are using Truro as a way to get hours on the pitch (Argyle have said this about Rooney)  I have missed a few games this season but the last 3 home games I saw,  I felt that the passion was missing and leadership,  No one took charge it was very quiet on the pitch.  I am in no doubt that a club cannot rely so heavily in bringing players on loan and leaving other players that have a contract on the bench

On 16/09/2016 at 17:15, BigG said:

Truro 's FA Cup exploits in recent years have mostly involved losing in an early round to lower league opposition. I hope the team can be motivated enough to change this trend. Quite a few of us are going up to see what happens.

Not on going on recent performances I expect another early exit (hope I am wrong) 

Last night a Peter Masters thread was started on Torquay fans. Forum, it rants on and on postings suggest opinions from both sides started by a so called Truro supporter, with replies from the opposite campsite. Not nice reading.T

I don't think it helps either club Torquay United  or Truro City - Yes there are many questions we as supporters have and later we will doubtless be advised of the latest state of play when the time is right.

I note Torquay United fans forum has been put off a week to allow more directors to be present, one item reported to be on the menu appears to be Mr Masters interest if any in their club.

We should concentrate on beating St Albans City not ourselves - Come on Truro City