Cornwall Football Forum

Admin Announcement: Slow Running of the Forum

Admin Announcement:

Apologies for the site running slow. This season has seen a record amount of people throughout the county and beyond access the forum after matches. This has caused a massive increase in traffic to the server which has caused it to severely slow down and cause outages.

The main reason for this is that people can now access the site either via their laptop or through a mobile device.

This is a problem the P@soti – Plymouth Argyle Forum encountered this a few seasons ago and I’m talking to their technical guy to work on a cost effective solution.

Please bear with me whilst I work on a solution, it frustrates me as well when people can’t get into the site.

Cheers Rich

• 2 weeks later...

Forum being hit hard on the weekends. Having to disable PM.search etc until I can figure out a way of restricting the traffic at peak times. Upgrading to a new server is going to cost alot of ££££

Every member could donate a quid that would sort it, money well spent I reckon.

Forum being hit hard on the weekends. Having to disable PM.search etc until I can figure out a way of restricting the traffic at peak times. Upgrading to a new server is going to cost alot of ££££

Every member could donate a quid that would sort it, money well spent I reckon.

Good idea, i'd support that.

Same here!