Cornwall Football Forum

Well done to St Day!

WELL I SAID WEEKS AGO WHY IS THE FINAL AT ST.DAY .MOANED AT PARKING ETC .

WELL I HOLD MY HANDS UP AND AGREE WITH AGGIEMAID ST.DAY YOU DONE A GRAND JOB .

YOU SORTED THE PARKING SITUATION OUT BY USING THE OTHER PITCH YOU HAD PEOPLE WHO OBVIOUSLY WORKED HARD ALL WEEK PREPARING THE PITCH PUTTING UP RAILINGS ETC.

SO FULL CREDIT TO YOU YOU DONE THE LEAGUE PROUD .PITY THE GAME WASN,T UP TO MUCH.PERRANWELL NEVER GOT OUT THE STARTING BLOCKS AND P'PORTH WERE TOO STRONG FOR THEM .

ONLY THING THAT RUINED IT WAS THE MAN FROM PERRANWELL (EX BUCKET MAN FROM A FEW YEARS AGO)SINGING YOU'RE ONLY THERE FOR THE MONEY WHEN P'PORTH PICKED UP THEIR TROPHIES.

HE WAS A PAIN YEARS AGO AND OBVIOUSLY STILL IS .THERE ARE TIMES AND PLACES FOR THAT AND AT THE CUP FINAL IS NOT ONE OF THEM .I WISH PEOPLE LIKE THAT WOULD JUST STAY HOME AND LET PROPER FOOTBALL PEOPLE ENJOY THE GAME WITHOUT LISTENING TO THEM.

ANYWAY BACK TO WHAT I CAME ON HERE FOR

ONCE AGAIN CONGRATULATIONS TO ST.DAY YOU DONE A GRAND JOB.

On the day Perranporth more than deserved the victory. All over by the half-time break with goals from Alex Arquati and two from Dean Harris.

Perranwell will think themselves hard done by with Perranporth's second - a possible foul on the goally? I was too far away to see, but many a ref would have blown for a free-kick. Instead Dean smashed home the loose ball!

Well done to St Day for a well organised final and to both sets of supporters.

As predicted by many the better side on paper deservedly won, but taking everything into account, Perranwell did the best they could on the day, and the respect shown between both sets of players was good to see after the final whistle.

Well firstly, thankyou to St.Day for their hospitality and to anyone who helped prepare the pitch. I think Mark and Barry of Carharrack AFC took care of it but i'm sure they had some help. Considering it's nearing the end of the season it was very good.

Congratulations to Perranporth, they were the better team on the day and deserved the win. I don't think we did ourselves any justice with our performance today but i don't want to take anything away form them, they kept their heads and played their game.

Don't know what else to say really, feels kind of shit to lose a final but that's why we love football so much.

Guest Sam Boston

I'm saying nothing til tomorrow cos my head's a bit thick but well done to St Day for hosting a great final. All the stops were pulled out and they did a great job :clapper::clapper: :clapper:

Congratulations to Perranporth for winning the first ever senior trophy for the club, you've worked hard all season, great effort. Good luck in the remaining league games. :thumbsup:

Well done to St. Day Football Club you had obviously worked really hard to ensure the day ran smoothly, thank you and good luck for the rest of the season. :thumbsup:

Congratulations to Perranporth for their victory yesterday which they deserved,hopefully we will pick up ourselves for tomorrows game.I would also like to say well done to St Day for a well organised final jus a bit p---ed off with the so called money man at Perranporth opening up the changing room door and throwing in the brown envelopes and saying out aloud so everyone could hear' well done boys you deserve this'.

This is not sour grapes but i just feel he should of handed the brown pay packets out a bit more discreetly or obviously he hasn't got any respect for his players or anyne else. :SM_carton_y:

Guest Sam Boston

After a win each in the league this was always going to be a good match, cup final or not but I thought both teams excelled themselves at St Day. Both teams had injury problems with Jake Harvey's knee giving him obvious trouble from quite early on. Obviously there can only be one winner on the day but Perranwell should congratulate themselves on getting to the final and providing a good game for the spectators and supporters. It's sometimes a worry having the dugouts close together at high-tension matches but the banter between Porth & Well subs and staff was highly enjoyable (although Perranwell are a bit stingy with their wine gums!). All the officials and helpers from St Day football club should definately pat themselves on the back as the whole day was organised incredibly well - I think the club have definately thrown themselves in to the hat for future finals or semi-finals. And now if you don't mind I'll go back to nursing my hangover :(

I would just like to echo the praise for St Day, I thought they did a fantastic job of hosting the final and they should be proud of their achievement :clapper:

kappa,i was away all weekend but rang gossy to say good luck,and that i thought that you would win 3-0,and that dean harris would score,should have gone to the bookies and put a few quid on,wel done :c: :clapper:

Congrats to everyone at Perranporth on your victory, commiserations to all at Perranwell.

Great banter on the balcony between the two sets of supporters even a few songs :clapper:

There are pictures up on the St-Day website of the day, sorry there are not more but after a 12hour flight and a dash from Heathrow to get their in time the jet-lag had kicked in, my fault never go on holiday in the footie season :SM_carton:

A huge thank you to everyone who gave their time and effort, both prior to and on the day itself in helping St-Day AFC host the Final.

Kev Roberts :c: