Cornwall Football Forum

Championship Decider ???????

Tuesday March 25th Truro City v Windsor & Eton Kick Off 7.45 the game everyone is talking about will City be too strong on the night or will Windsor bounce back, your chance to see top quality football in Cornwall its the only place to be.

You back from the states now then????? I can't make it i'm washing my hair tuesday :D

What a match to have towards the end of the season - the 2 top teams in the Division fighting for the only automatic promotion spot to the Southern League Premier Division.

It would be great to see a Cornish side up there next season in a step 3 league.

The Judge may well have 'Windsor connections' but I am sure most of us in Cornwall would like to see Truro City playing at the next level.

Come on City...!!!

Windsor's manager was bleating when they had a long mid week trip to Winchester (48 miles),

they will need the space shuttle for the 264 miles to Treyew Road.

Too much is made about teams COMING to Cornwall, hard titty, City have 21 LONG trips AWAY.

many of those are mid week.

I think City will have a BIG win, they always turn it on against the so called better teams,

5-0 isn't out of the question, defences like The Royalists are food & drink for City's strikers.

Is it any wonder that Truro City fans feel persecuted for our allegiances? Some folks on here accuse us of being paranoid, but just look at this thread. How many City fans bother making a point and posting that they won't be coming to other teams' matches? Do Allforone or BigG lurk about and then pop up after a big SWPL match is announced and say "I won't be there!" Of course not. Does any City fan tell the folks at St. Agnes "we don't give a shit if you win"? Why would we? Truro City have a great big target on their backs, and there's no shortage of shots being taken.

If you don't care about City's fortunes, why bother plaguing the rest of us with your indifference or hostility? :angry2:

As for the match, it'll be huge, and here's hoping it lives up the hype, with a great crowd and lots of Truro goals!

ROLL CITY ROLL

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

For what it's worth, some die hard Newquay fans will be at Treyew Rd on Tuesday as will some from other clubs from what I've heard, but don't think for one minute they want Truro to win. Could be the biggest league crowd of the season, only 737 to beat (Newquay v G)

I'll be washing Anitas hair !

Wont be able to make it on Tuesday but hopefully a win for City .

With regard to animosity from other teams supporters , I would

like to say that in the thirty odd years I have watched Cornish Football,

I have watched Newquay , Falmouth and of course Truro against clubs

outside and within Cornwall . When watching Truro against anybody I

will always want Truro to win.

However when I watch either Newquay or Falmouth against other

teams , I do not go to watch them lose - but merely hope for a

good game of football with a few goals.

Good luck to all three teams - even after derby games I feel there is

no place for vitriol.

After all the game in Cornwall has traditionally gone in phases over the

years with Falmouth , St Blazey , Newquay and Truro all enjoying ups