Cornwall Football Forum

Scolari Sacked!

Guest Man on the Post

DID HE EVER STAND A CHANCE THOUGH ?

ALL THOSE PLAYERS LOVED JOSE AND COULD THEY EVER PLAY FOR ANOTHER MANAGER IN SAME WAY ? HE WASNT GIVEN MUCH MONEY IN COMPARISION TO PREVIOUS MANAGERS TO BRING IN HIS OWN PLAYERS

ON A POSITIVE NOTE CRACKING NEWS FOR THE MANCS THAT ONE OF THEIR RIVALS ARE CRACKING UP

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Just seen it on Skysports.com.

Roman made a big mistake getting rid of Jose and will struggle to find a replacement with the same sort of bond with the players.

At least we have enough points to avoid the drop.

Just seen it on Skysports.com.

Roman made a big mistake getting rid of Jose and will struggle to find a replacement with the same sort of bond with the players.

At least we have enough points to avoid the drop.

judge your a chelsea fan......hold on a second............................ :glare::glare::glare::glare::glare: :glare:

Ask any Chelsea fan and they will tell you Jose was the man, only one person wanted rid and he has the fat wallet.

Tongue in cheek about the drop (but we are safe), I think JT will pull the players together and we will end up 4th with the FA Cup to go with it. Not too sure about Europe this season though, lets see if we can get past Juve first.

Jose was THE MAN. Biggest mistake that was made (getting rid) and the start of a slow decline.

Scolari's biggest mistake was sticking by the 3 stooges up front (Malouda,Anelka,Kalou). He also played Deco when he clearly needed dropping. We have younger players (Stoch,Sinclair) who haven't been given a fair try

I'll take 4th in the league as long as Arsenal, who should finish lower, don't win the CL.

And here I was thinking Spurs are the joke club :rolleyes: .. Fair play though, you're only in the top 4 of the Premier League and still in the Champions league and FA Cup, I guess poor old Phil Scolari just had to go :wacko: ..

Lets see if those certain mouthy contributors with overinflated ego's are as quick to put down those disgraceful mercenaries that have refused to perform or try, and therefore duping the supporters out of hard earned money, just because they didn't like the manager and didn't want to play in the way that he wanted them to.

Aftertall, that's exactly what you were saying about Tottenham players when Juande Ramos got sacked.

Perhaps you have a point.... but there again we won't be playing Scunthorpe in the league next season. Get your maps out Spuds !

As a chelsea fan i am delighted to see the club part with Scolari i must have been in dreamland after the 1st game of the season vs Pompey because chelsea ran riot but since then chelsea look like a different team we started well but now look mediocre.

Wolud love to see Zola in charge but not too sure bout Hiddink surely he is too similar to scolari.

I would have to agree with the judge and baldy was a mistake to sack scolari but also a massive mistake to sack avram grant i fort that he did a very good job and wouldnt be the worst decision in the world to bring him back. Sinclair is a big prospect but with so many defnsive problems wat abput Mancienne got in the england squad but Alex and Ivanovic keep him out at chelsea bizarre not even given a chance

4th place would be a good finish for chelsea this season, they need to build for next year and the following.

Guest mauricio

hopefully he will go back to the Portuguese National team and Carlos Queiroz could go back to Man utd!

Personaly i think that is the wrong time of the season to sack a manager...I can't see Chelsea doing very well on Champions league but at least they will get the 4th place on the league as Arsenal are not doing very well either.

Mourinho back? don't think so!

Roman should crawl on his hands and knees all the way to Milan and beg forgiveness from Jose, then fly him back to the Bridge and give him whatever he wants... money, women, boats and the freedom to buy whoever he wants.

It won't happen of course, this could spell the end of the Roman Empire if the fans really turn against him, just ask the Yanks on Merseyside and Manchester. At the end of the day, it is the fans who own the clubs spiritually, they are the ones who will turn up even if Jo Brand was manager.

Wolud love to see Zola in charge but not too sure bout Hiddink surely he is too similar to scolari.

Do you really think he'd be interested mate?. Yesterday he said that he had heard about speculation from media etc about the possibility of Chelsea wanting him but would not want to walk out on West Ham because things are starting to go as planned and he respects the fact that they have come in and given him a shot at a big job on a big stage. I think the man has enough class to spend a couple of seasons atleast repaying the faith that has been shown in him, then, if another huge job prospect arises he'll give it some thought?

Also, the guy is VERY young for a manager and what would it do for his career and self confidence if he was to accept the Chelsea job and find himself doing as pathetically as Avram Grant did and get sacked in a years time(that's tongue in cheek fella's, 2nd in the Premier league and a Champions League final, yet still sacked :wacko: )..

Obviously I am not the biggest fan of Chelsea FC, BUT, I hope that they get themselves sorted and back on track because they are the ONLY club that can sustain any sort of challenge to an already dominating Manchester United team. At the end of the day we are ALL lovers of football and the Premier league, therefore we surely want as many quality teams fighting it out on as many fronts as possible, rather than just have 1 team continually win everything?.

I agree, the man has too much class to walk out on West Ham but that doesnt stop me wanting and wishing him to take the job. You never know tho if it is a job that he would hold in such high regard then he may.

I can only see a 'BIG' name takin the Job i jus hope that whoever gets the job they are given time and a fair amount of money becuase the squad is not good enough.

Sky sports believe the candidates to be;

Guus Hiddink

Avram Grant

Frank Rijkaard

Gianfranco Zola

Steve Clarke

Ray Wilkins

Although these were only in a poll of who would be the next manager and doesnt realy mean that they are anything concrete.

Mancini will probably be putting his name forward along with others i am sure

Stop worrying. The Blues will still end the year with silverware. If not with the present players, we'll buy another lot. I predicted Phil's departure on here about ten days ago: I was wrong only in that I thought he would last till after the first leg against Juve.

As for the comments from Spurs fans, pur-leese ! Just put the Galpharm and Home Park into your Tomtoms.

As for the comments from Spurs fans, pur-leese ! Just put the Galpharm and Home Park into your Tomtoms.

I do hope not, I'd love to see Plymuff go down... but Spuds will be at Sunny Scunny next season.

As I posted on Feb 1st .. Zola and Steve Clarke have been sounded out to take over. Maybe not till June although if Zola really wants it, I can see him getting out of WHU easily for a few £m. Sven would be a disaster .. when has he ever worked with players of quality.

Butch will be a safe, if unspectacular, pair of hands till something gets sorted.

Isaac, the transfer window has closed, so how can we obtain new players?? FA Cup is the only realistic target unless Drogba get back his fitness, form and desire. Then maybe, just maybe, the CL could be ours. I wont be putting any of my money on it though.

I'm sure Scolari will now take his "well earned" redundancy money and retire gracefully to Brazil. Perhaps we were conned .. was he Gene Hackman all along???

I agree!!

Apparently the final nail in the coffin was when he commented before the Liverpool game. When mentioning the dangermen of Liverpool, not Torres, not Gerrard, not Alonso but the prolific great crosser and quite frankly deadly DIRK KUYT!!! Not bad for a great tactician and World Cup winner is it isaac!? See ya Phil.

Frank Rikaard to come in steady the ship and finish 3rd and get the job full time.

Welcome back Coopsie!! :thumbsup:

I would suggest a little player power has cost him his job. It is they who go on the field. They look disinterested. And what a crazy time to change managers when the transfer window has closed. I hope Zloa and Clarke stay at West Ham and not go for the Russians millions. Mind you who can blame them. I have no sympathy for managers who fail and then walk away with millions. Must be a job in banking for them

Guest Peppermint

ECPL is correct it does seem to be player power that has hastened the end for Scolari. They were not happy with his training methods and some of them obviously voiced their opinions and that was that.

I think gone are the days when the smug Russian was seen at every game grinning for the television cameras and the days of him pumping loads of money into Chelsea are also long gone.

Have I heard correct, that John Terry has been sacked as Chelsea Captain, :SM_carton_y::SM_carton:

If that is so I would agree with that as he is a nasty dirty player, I would also drop him from the England team, he is no example for the younger players in Football to follow,

As for Scolari I do not think that he was given a fair crack of the whip.

Hammers :c::c: :c:

Just heard on News 24 they're talking to Hiddink, and the Russian FA have said they'd be happy for him to be their national team manager AND Chelsea's!

So WOAH!!!

NO!!!!

Please let Chelsea appoint a full-time manager! And Not Zola, bless him: too much of a gamble. True, he led Cagliari into Serie A, but a few reasonable results with the Hammers hardly constitute form.

Hahaha,

Lawrie Sanchez??

Bryan Robson??

Paul Jewell??

Alain Perrin??

Kevin Keegan??

lol

Reminds me of...

'Lord Nelson! Lord Beaverbrook! Sir Winston Churchill! Sir Anthony Eden! Clement Attlee! Henry Cooper! Lady Diana! Maggie Thatcher - can you hear me, Maggie Thatcher! Your boys took one hell of a beating! Your boys took one hell of a beating!'

I thought that Scolari was a very entertaining guy, honest, decent, quite funny but probably not that good at managing a football team, bit of a problem really. I am not sure Chelsea will ever recapture the Mourinho years, but I guess you never know. Although there are a number of excellent managers suggested, there doesn't appear to be one outstanding candidate... I'll be intrigued to see who is finally appointed and whether they can get Chelsea back on track.

Jamthebest,

My wife said that she heard it on the Radio, but I have not heard it anywhere else,

My Wife watches some international matches, she always says what a nasty player John Terry is, & even if I did not agree with her, WHO am I to argue with my Wife !!?

She is a Liverpool fan,

Hammers :thumbsup::c::c::rolleyes: :c:

My Wife watches some international matches, she always says what a nasty player John Terry is, & even if I did not agree with her, WHO am I to argue with my Wife !!?

She is a Liverpool fan,

Hammers

You have my deepest sympathies !