Cornwall Football Forum

Hayle Vets V Western Inn Vets Feb 1st

Guest Olly

Match to catch, hayle Vets V Western Inn Vets (Porthminster Cup) Called off again!!

Everybody at Western gutted, 50 seater Coach laid on and a good day out lost.

Alan Oliver

Gutted would be a massive understatement Al as I think this stinks on Hayle Vets part.

This may not make me too many friends down in Hayle, but this is not the first time this season they have cancelled on us and I can only assume that tomorrow's fixture does not suit our opposite numbers at Hayle due to a lack of player availability.

The weather has been extremely wet over recent days for all regions but the forcast for today and tomorrow is much drier, and therefore to cancel 48 hours prior to the game sucks for me and the other 50 or so that were looking forward to our jolly boys outing to Hayle for this crunch game and inevitably, put a fair few quid behind the Hayle bar.

Very dissapointing and leaves me wondering if Hayle actually want to fulfill this fixture at all....maybe when all their players become available we will find out.

Yours in football,

Phil Lafferty.

Guest Peppermint

Phil - I notice on the League Forum for the CSWPL that after an inspection the Hayle v Vospers match is ON today. Were you due to play on the same pitch?

Gutted would be a massive understatement Al as I think this stinks on Hayle Vets part.

This may not make me too many friends down in Hayle, but this is not the first time this season they have cancelled on us and I can only assume that tomorrow's fixture does not suit our opposite numbers at Hayle due to a lack of player availability.

The weather has been extremely wet over recent days for all regions but the forcast for today and tomorrow is much drier, and therefore to cancel 48 hours prior to the game sucks for me and the other 50 or so that were looking forward to our jolly boys outing to Hayle for this crunch game and inevitably, put a fair few quid behind the Hayle bar.

Very dissapointing and leaves me wondering if Hayle actually want to fulfill this fixture at all....maybe when all their players become available we will find out.

Yours in football, hello i have nothing to do with hayle or st ives vets, but i do know that hayle are very

proud of there first team pitch and it is looked after really well, after a first team game on it today after the rain we have had i would say it would still get pretty cut up, i would say it is hayles decision not st ives vets.

Phil Lafferty.

Still just as angry over this Deac's and Peppermint.

Anyone out there visit Hayle's ground today and able to comment on the state of the pitches there or even better, anyone from the Hayle set up care to comment? Steve Wints maybe?

The message we got advising us of the cancelletion claimed "no vets game fixtured or ref.pitch doubtful aswell. Let you know when game is."

We had prepared ourselves in anticipation for this game for 4 weeks now to recieve this message 36 hours before K.O.

Shocking.