Cornwall Football Forum

Welcome back WINNO

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Winno made his return to The Peppermints a winning one by keeping a clean sheet (if you discount the 2nd min penalty).

Symon really wanted to make a go of it at Wendron but their loss is our gain, we now have a great deputy keeper with a ton of experience. We were surprised to see Winno take the field as no one had any idea he was back (one well kept secret), obviously his brief spell at Mount Wise was a good one and his return shows the mutual respect the club and Winno have for each other.

Good to see you again Winno !

Good to be back judge, Tidy performance today against a very up 4 it St Dominick. Just the one thing Im back to play and make the 1st team number 1 shirt mine........

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Correction to my above posting after a lovely PM from the big man himself - Winno is back and will be fighting for the No. 1 shirt with Matt (Surfer Dude), great to have healthy competition amongst all the squad.

Can't keep a good man down !!!

I must be dreaming! We've just got ourselves a YOUNG,FIT,ATHLETIC goalie (who has played at a much higher level?) and WINNO thinks he can get the nod!!If it happens then the old boy network is really thriving. Yes WINNO had a half decent game yesterday but sorry there is no doubt in my mind who is the better keeper. Talk about one step forward and three back. I see the (independant?) reporter in the CG was even tipping Nqy as genuine title contenders. Probably a little optimistic but progress is progress. KEEP MATT A-F in goal.

Come on Baldy, Matt gets injured then where are we ? Chatters has gone and we have no back up. I agree that at this point Matt is the better keeper, but you can't knock Winno for wanting to give it a go and see if he can claim the No. 1 shirt.

Jim clearly stated in the press that he would make changes yesterday and give some of the fringe players a chance to show what they can do (although Morris may have wanted a little longer). I agree with you if this had been against the likes of PZ or Port, then Matt in goal would be a no brainer. But it was St Dom in the cup, a side that have been thrashed week in week out recently, I say good to give Matt a rest and not risk and injury and good to see Winno wanting to give him a run for his money.

Winno is well liked by the players, well respected around the county and I would rather have him in our camp than not. It is not often you get a man of Winnos' standing wanting to come to a club for the love rather than the money, fair play to him I say !

Title challengers ? Maybe not, but if we were to win the rest of our games (and the way we are playing, who knows) we would be polishing silver come May. If Port were to win the league and we came 2nd, we might go up anyway as they appear to have a lack of ambition to climb out of their comfort zone. PZ will fall away as the wheels are already coming off, Dobwalls dont have the strength in depth, Truro will fade and won't go up anyway as the 1st team would also have to go up and that won't happen this year. St Austell are the ones to watch and I'm sure with 3 unbiased officials we can beat them.

We have no one to fear but ourselves, we can win the league but it will depend on injuries, bans, weddings etc !!!

Guest Peppermint

I should like to add my welcome back to Winno - it just shows it is possible for someone to leave a club and join another one without the aggro that normally goes with it. Winno left Newquay with our good wishes and we welcome him back at Mount Wise where he is well respected.

Thanks for the kind comments Baldy nice to know that you are really wanted. I take it with your comments you know a hell of alot about goalkeeping and have watched me play over the years enough to make ry comments on here.

I have played 10 games in 20 months and know I have to get fit again but at 36 and after seeing whats around the leagues. I can still do a job as good as most. I want the 1st team shirt and when my chance comes I want to make it mine.(YOUNGER AND FITTER DOESNT ALWAYS MEAN BETTER) A WISE HEAD IN FOOTBALL IS WORTH A LOT MORE SOMETIMES!!!! We are all going to work together as a squad of players to take Newquay forward and we are all competing for places so lets help all the club with some good positive comments please.

Cheers

Great to see the big man back where he belongs (between the sticks),

people will always criticise whatever and wherever but at the end of the day Newquay are getting a better keeper who will perform on a weekly basis and be very consistent which is what Newquay need as there number 1, MAT was no doubt a good keeper but inconsistent at times for a lad thats played a supposed higher level, but in my eyes you have got a proper number one at Newquay and that can only be a bonus. Judge Winno over the season and no doubt all you doubters will come on this lovely website and eat there hat. :thumbsup:

GOOD TO SEE YOU BACK PLAYING WINNO!!! YOU CAN HAVE A BREAK FROM MANAGEMENT WITH YOU'RE HEAD HELD HIGH AND GO BACK PLAYING AND ENJOY YOURSELF.AS FAR AS IM CONCERNED THERE'S NO SUBSTITUTE FOR PLAYING,AND IN GOAL YOU,VE GOT A FEW TOP YEARS LEFT IN THEM GLOVES YET MATE.DONT BE IN A RUSH TO RETIRE,YOU CAN ALWAYS GO BACK INTO MANAGEMENT OR KEEPER COACHING WHEN YOU DO DECIDE TO HANG UP THE OLD GLOVES FOR GOOD, AND ALL OF US THAT KNOW YOU WELL,KNOW THE EFFORT,KNOWLEDGE AND ENTHUSIASM YOU BRING TO ANY TASK YOU UNDERTAKE BUD.AS FOR YOU,RE PLAYING CREDENTIALS,IVE PLAYED WITH YOU AND AGAINST YOU,AND I,D MUCH RATHER PLAY IN THE SAME TEAM AS YOU!!! REMEMBER THAT SAVE DOWN PENRYN WINNO,WHEN U CLAWED ME TOP CORNER FREE KICK ONTO THE BAR! WUD HAVE PUT PERRAN 2-0 UP JUST BEFORE HALF TIME,YOU BEAT US 4-1 AND COST US THE LEAGUE!!! IF NEWQUAY HAVE GOT A BETTER KEEPER THAN YOU THEN HE MUST BE GOOD!!! WE ALL KNOW WHAT A GREAT KEEPER YOU ARE,SO GET BACK IN THEM STICKS AND HAVE A FEW CLEAN SHEETS! WILL BE OUT MOUNT WISE TO WATCH YOU BEFORE THE SEASON,S OVER MATE!!! LONG LIVE WINNO,S GLOVES!!!! :clapper:

P.S) MONTY,SORRY TO HEAR YOU,VE RETIRED AS WELL MATE.HOPE YPU CHANGE YOU,RE MIND!? WE,VE GOT TO KEEP THESE YOUNGSTERS ON THEIR TOES FOR A SEASON OR TWO YET! YOU GOT ANOTHER 10 SEASONS LEFT IN YOU IN GOAL BUD!!! X :(

Hello Mark Me old buddy long time no hear. Great to hear from you m8. Cheers for the kind comments great that someone as respected as yourself in the county thinks so highly of my abilities. But Im older now bud and know I got to train hard to get back into it. But thats what Im goin to and am doing at the moment. What abought yourself m8 hows it goin at Trispen!!! I see your still banging them goals in buddy. Class act yourself m8 could still do a job at senior level easy. Was a privilege to play with and against you m8. Hope to see you soon m8. Pop up Mount Wise for beer sometime m8..

Regards to you and the family bud

Winno

######

Not love m8. Just great respect for one of the best strikers ever in the county.

If he rates me as a keeper thats good enough for me!!!!!!!

Regards

To you and your family flips

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx