Cornwall Football Forum

how portreath combo team will feature today??

Guest bundithegreat

Guest bundithegreat

how many players will portreath reinstate today to feature against newlyn today, who have only lost one game this year???????

do you think it is fair to reinstate players to play mining league when the combo teams game is cancelled???

Worried about your place in the team?

Your mining gaffer should say thanks but no thanks. However if the 1sts have players in need of fitness then combo manager could over rule him. Part of being a 2nd team mate its gonna happen sometimes. Can only play 2 re instated players anyway so dont be to worried about your shirt.

Guest bundithegreat

damo i am manage and i aint gonna drop myself lol,

i am missing my centre back who is in milan and thats it so the answer is only one member of the combo team will be playing as i think my team i have now can turn our poor results around and get the 3 points today plus i have matt sara avaliable for today so hopefully a moor polished performance for todays game, fingers crossed!!!!!!!

my team is my team i dont need senior players to perform well i just need my guys to turn up and play like i know they can!!!!!

Guest bundithegreat

if i am totally honest with all of you i would probably get in trouble with our commitee members if i said what i thought so i will tell you this if my team was short and i didnt have cover on the bench for the position i was short on then yes i would be more than happy to play a first team player, but if i was told i had to play a player because the first team manager said i had to i would tell him that if that guy is not fit he should maybe turn up for training and put the effort in there.

as reserve manager at the moment until jason comes back, i will tell you this, the first team manager is the first team manager for a reason but it doesnt mean he can dictate who i play in the reserve team!!!!

as for roger coming back as manager i dont know, maybe its up to portreath commitee to post on here instead of me telling everyone what is happening within the club, i can say that if roger was to come back i am sure he would not push del out of being manager but would stand by his side and help him get the commitment and effort from the first team that is required, i hope you are right and he is coming back but i am not 100% sure what is happening!!!!!

I agree with that. Heard last week Ferie asked the Man Utd reserve coach to play a couple of players but was told in no un certain terms where to go!

Dont talk silly bud, the role of a second team is to provide cover for the first team and if the 1st team manager wants to play a couple of his squad in the 2nds thats his right. If you dont like it go to a club where you will be 1st team! Sure its called a football CLUB!!

Guest bundithegreat

i cant comment on portreath being a football CLUB!!!!!!

i thought a reserve team was there to help the first team aswell, like if a player gets injured then when he comes back he plays reserve team to see how he is and also if a players leaves club and then comes back surely he should play reserves til there is a requirement for them back in first team, surely a first team is there to help the second out, but if first team players are not willing to drop down into reserves because for one reason or another like not liking certain players in the reserves??????

i can tell you this the one first team player coming down today for us is a very good friend of mine that doesnt care where he plays football as long as he enjoys it, i respect him for dropping down and i know he will enjoy today!!!!

if all the players were like this player then portreath with be a great football club, having said this i know things at the club are going to change very soon and for the good!!!!!

If a player leaves and comes back why should he start again in the reserves, if the manager wants him in the 1sts then thats where he plays. Should be the same for any other player at the club!

As for players not willing to help out the 2nds, you should have a word with the manager and, in my opinion, they should not be at the CLUB

as a CLUB, if a player from the 1st or 2nd team needs fitness then thats what the teams below them are for.

playing for fal town for the last few years, players have come down to get some match fitness after injury or just to find some form, as have players, including myself, gone up to help the 2nd and 1st team, wether its just to make up numbers or to start, so far definitly 2 3rd team players have pulled on the 1st and 2nd team shirts.

if you need to reinstate or the combo side aint got a game then there is no problem playing the players, but like pete said, the players dropping down dont always have the impact or the effort the give for their original side, thats what playing in a CLUB is all about

Its the reinstatement each time thats the problem

£6 to play one game of football for the reserve team?? its a joke. Thats why clubs will never be "Clubs" because players can't go between teams, a constant problem for Senior clubs with Junior Teams. But players can go between SWL and Combo? whats the difference between players going Combo and FHL1/Mining1? the gap is still the same really.