Cornwall Football Forum

Problems connecting to the Forum

I found logging in and posting time consuming and hold my breath that this

posting is accepted without disappearing into cyber space.

Three people have said they have had trouble connecting to the site recently. 3 people is not a massive problem but is there anyone else out there having any problems?

I have connected from three different connections using both Microsoft Internet Explorer and Firefox and have had not problems. Even on my mobile.

If you have had problems can you state whether you have broadband and the internet browser you use.

Cheers

Richard

(Admin)

I have had the exact same problems that you described for atleast the last 3 weeks Rich but put it down to my computer being slow. MAYBE I was wrong and there is perhaps a problem of some description?.

I'm on Orange broadband and have never had any problems up until the last few weeks.

Whilst trying to enter that last post, it failed and I had a page infront of me with the folowing message. What does it mean?.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@cornwallfootballforum.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.2.10 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.10 OpenSSL/0.9.8i DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.cornwallfootballforum.com Port 80

Talked to my server hosts and they asked me to ask members to inform me of the time and date the error message happened and what process you were performing when the error happened. Cheers Rich

It looks like a permissions problem which I can solve once I know whhich file is causing people to have the error. For all the techy geeks I have to 755 the pearl code on the .htaccess files.

Quite simple really Crosser

The .htaccess file could have a permission error or, more likely, it could be performing some odd redirect behaviors (e.g., an endless loop). This becomes more likely when you start using regular expressions. I've also read about people having problems with redirects that were caused by their server's httpd.conf file not being configured properly.

So all Richard has to do is log into the control panel and set the relevent permissions to 755 :drink:

You have to be a bit thick to not get it :blink: :D

I attempted to log in and got a Forbidden you do not have permission to access etc ...

also a 404 Not Found error was encountered etc.......

Dustin from Missouri has posted he gets the same message on the Truro City Tiger Talk forum under 'Who ate all the pies' board where he started a thread headed 'Cornish Soccer Forum'.

This is the weird bit, although the posting forbid my access I exited and later clicked onto the Cornish Soccer Website to see if I could at least read others contributions, to my surprise I was logged in, I have taken the opportunity to post this and hope I am successful.

Oh by the way Truro City Lost 3-1 tonight but I shall still be at Bracknell on Saturday.

Yippee It worked.

For Info.

Following my last two postings I logged out and strangely logged back in with no problems.

Maybe Dusting and myself hit upon a time the website was being updated.

Hello Richard.

Thank you for your interest, it really is appreciated.

As for times, I read your PM 13 minutes after you sent it to me this afternoon, I have replied to it TWICE when clicking on send the screen went blank for ages and when the message box returned there was nothing in my sent box, I have sent a second PM and the same thing happened. It appears I may receive messages but sending could be a problem.

From the time mentioned above until now I have had the same problems as described in previous postings. Last niight XEMBLA/Dustin from Missouri was attempting to get in as indeed I was, unlike me he was not successful. the time then was approx Midnight to 2 am.

I should ADD, when I enter my Name anf password to log in, I get a message telling me I am logged in and am being transferred, I wait a while it is them the forbidden etc message appears, that is when I exit the website but as mentioned previously, when I go back onto the website I am logged in and able to post on the forums but I am not sure about replying to your PM, you are the only one who can answer that one.

As mentioned I appreciate your involvement.

Ivor.

Guest crosser

No probs connecting or logging on here at the City Inn, Birmingham on my now little toy, a £179 Acer netbook. Must be just an intermittent problem.

PS Don't know why it's left some of the format instructions visible! I didn't do anything differently.

because you made the [