Cornwall Football Forum

SWPL results 8-11-08

Bodmin Town 3 - 0 Buckland Athletic

Clyst Rovers 1 - 3 Wadebridge Town

Cullompton Rangers 2 - 5 Dartmouth

Falmouth 3 - 1 Newton Abbot Spurs (ht 1-1) 1st goal for Falmouth Town was scored after 27 seconds.

Launceston 1 - 3 Ivybridge Town

Liskeard Athletic 1 - 2 Holsworthy

Plymouth Parkway 3 v 3 Witheridge

St.Blazey 1 - 7 Torpoint Athletic

Nice three points for the Town however the result was a little flattering! Went one-nil before we had time to get up the right end!! Town were good for the first 20 mins then the Spurs bossed the rest of the half, going in level at HT. The second half again saw Abbot dominate until Town were awarded correctly a penno. After going 2-1 up, Town's confidence returned and they buried the Spurs with a clinical Drummo finish to go 3-1 to the good in the driving rain.

Up the town!!

:clapper: :clapper:

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Brad, it does help when you have 12 men on the pitch, a manager bankrolling last seasons St Blazey side and you were playing one of the worst sides that they have ever seen at Millbrook.

Guest ECPL Supporter

Brad, it does help when you have 12 men on the pitch, a manager bankrolling last seasons St Blazey side and you were playing one of the worst sides that they have ever seen at Millbrook.

Don't let Keano catch you saying that....

Guest Postie Pidge

Matt Drummond is at Falmouth

Guest Peppermint

Without wanting to get involved with petty arguments Phil do you still have an official role with St Austell now. I thought you had finished with them earlier in the season. The Judge is correct in stating that the St Austell squad has a great number of last season's St Blazey team and judging by today's result against Torpoint Athletic they could do with them back!

Judge, after almost taking up the assistants roll at Mountwise, I have a certain knowledge on the budget side and can honestly tell you, ours is less than yours! It's not as easy as throwing money at it anyway, if it was Newquay would have made it to the swp prem wouldn't they?

As for Millbrook, we all have to play each other and you can only try to beat the team on the pitch in front of you, although Millbrook didn't help themselves today, their lino threw down his flag and walked off after 15mins because his team gave him stick, one player tripped Whetts ,last man straight red, and another player threw an arm into the face of our ounstanding young winger, straight red. No complaints from the Millbrook players I spoke to.

oh nearly forgot, CLEAN SHEET, GET IN!

Guest Peppermint

Just a point Bradley how do you know your budget is less than Newquay's because you hear all sorts of silly rumours on here about budgets. Only a guess but looking at some of your squad I cannot think they would play for Newquay's budget!!!

Where were you when Newquay played at Poltair a couple of weeks ago - did you play today.

No Graham, I have no involvement with St Austell and resigned from my position on personal grounds before August. But yes ,9 of the St Blazey squad joined me in making the switch all for the same reasons in common.

I happen to think what the Judge has posted is not only based on bitterness but entirely non factual. Personally knowing the extremely modest St Austell budget this season and having had the task of tempting and persuading the 9 ex-Blazey players to join, it is hugely injustice towards the players who all made the universal decision to turn down other much, much bigger offers to join their local Club with me.

For that reason, I think the Judge needs to reconsider his posting as he is way off the mark and detrimental towards the people working tirelessly behind the scenes in order to produce the extremely modest budget, especially considering the present state of the club in general and not even benefiting from a clubhouse revenue either.

ALSO, can the Judge or anybody who is familiar with the decline of St Austell FC over the last 2 decades honestly deny the club, clubs supporters, members and players a little bit of credit and on field success that they are currently enjoying.

We both know the Judge isnt the brightest at the best of times and has some very rose tinted glasses Graham, but although I am removed from the club now I find his comments very insulting towards all at the club.

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Hi Lafs, thanks for the personal comments, obviously wide of the mark but lets not worry too much about accuracy shall we... Whilst the the official budget set by the hard working committee at St Austell may be on the small side, you know as well as anyone, that the amount received by the players is a greater amount.

As for the 12th man, please refer to the well documentetd match report of St Austell v Newquay.

And finally, Millbrook are not as good this season as they have been in the recent past, just as St Austell are better this than they have for decades.

not sure you know the meaning of a "modest budget" Laffs. Some Clubs are competing in this league with no money whatsoever changing hands. I would be interested to know what your top earners are being payed on the Q T.

Its no good bigging yourselves up for going top of the League in November because you will soon be knocked off your perch by the team with the most money, namely penzance.

Stop being so fragile and get over yourself,

UP THE JUDGE

Yet another who hides behind a disguised name. I choose to be fully accountable for anything I write on here "Dave the Rave"-so whats your reason for not?

In the meantime, may I inform you (whoever you are) that I currently have no residing interest in any team including St Austell, but merely decided to defend St Austell as a club on the grounds that the "Judge" was and IS totally incorrect in what he is suggesting about the club. The crime in me putting somebody right and correcting him on the grounds that I know the facts and he doesnt is..........??

Also i'll take the opportunity to inform you that the "Judge" himself had no objections to an individual bankrolling his beloved Newquay in their failure to obtain promotion to the new SWPL Premier 2 seasons ago. That is also FACT "Dave the Rave". I like to work on facts as it often the wise thing to do, but you carry on in your support of the "Judge" as you are the first ever to do so on this forum as far as my memory serves me.

Fragile I maybe, but correct on this topic I am DEFINATELY!

I think we've moved away from the original point I made,when was the last time you heard anybody say "St.Austell have gone top". I've been around for a while now and I've not heard it for about 20 years!

Graham, I missed the win over Newquay due to a family holiday to Rhodes, this is the only game I've missed.

when was the last time you heard anybody say "St.Austell have gone top".

If we're being sincere about this quote, I guess it's probably back to the late 60's to mid 70's!

In 1968/69 they won the SWL, and then for the next four seasons finished 5th, 3rd, and runners-up twice.

This period surely has to be the "the golden days of St Austell Football Club" as in 1969 they won the League, Senior Cup and Charity Cup, and only just missed out on the League Cup! They finished runners-up to Tavistock in a two-legged final in which the aggregate was only 1-0 after the two games.

And in 1972 they did the League Cup, Senior Cup & Charity Cup treble, while ending up runners-up in the League!

Chairman - If you are referring to Falmouth then - Yes, the boys worked hard out there and played some good football in dismal conditions! They worked as a team and dug deep. They should be proud of themselves and relish the thought of Clyst next week. Gave me the opportunity to sing my chant in the stand although the weather dampened the acoustics so I sounded well off key ! credit to Newton Abbot who fought for 90 minutes. They drank themselves silly in the club afterwards and had a night out in the Town. A great bunch of lads it has to be said.

You may regret making that comment !

Guest crosser

You may regret making that comment !

why? do you think this is a good millbrook side? last season they finished 5th from bottom and conceded 48 goals you have already conceded 54 and your not half way through the season yet. your 3rd from bottom after playing more games then the teams around you. Bad Times!!

Guest fromacrossthewater

Absolutely agree with you CROSSER, these are bad times for Millbrook and Keano.. Think they would have achieved more if they brought their under 18's up. As I understand they were a good side last year. Too many players that think they are better than they are.

Guest bigdawg1

i also totally agree, they are a very poor team, it makes u wounder how a team that used to be a good solid team in the top tier of south western football has taken such a heavy knock, and now has a lot of work to do if they are to remain in the second tier, keano has a lot of work to do starting with the core of his team, lets hope he can revive his season after a very poor start,

Guest Super blades

I need to get this of my chest. Judge you are an absolute MUG!!!!!!! Thank you laffs for your kind words about St Austell fc. And a big thank you to all the commitee for all the hard work behind the scene.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions about St Austell football club, but Judge you mug its getting a bit boring now your jealousy is extremely childish. Enjoy your mid table team this season because thats the best your going to be.

St Austell v Porthleven on Saturday hope to see you all there supporting us. Lets keep this great start going.

Judge you are a for thinking that the manager is bankrolling the team and the match report you are on about doesnt say anything about a 12th man.

Did penryn also have 12 men oh and Hayle as well Ummmmm Let me think may be you just got beat by better teams on the day fair and square.

Leave the match reports to JIMBO least he gets it right