Cornwall Football Forum

Liskeard 1 Falmouth 1

SWPL Premier

LISKEARD ATHLETIC 1 FALMOUTH TOWN 1

h/t 0-0 corners 6-8 Est.Att.60 (inc 15 supporting Falmouth)

Lineups:

LISKEARD.A. Ian Baker;Jason King;Reece Small;Michael Burke(Capt);Chris Sully;Chris Lock;Matt Godfree; Dan Parks;Bradley Richardson(Joe Eke h/t);Miles Easton(Lance Easton 73m);Neil Kinsman(Adie Walton 76m):Subs not used Ben Johnson and Ashley Sims.

FALMOUTH T-Chris Symons;Shaun Halford;Damon Mulready(Capt);Brinton Nute;Dave Rawlings;Matt Moore;Andy Bowker;Adam Trudgian;Glen Squires(Felipe Monforte Rodriguez 69m);Matt Drummond;Tom Hunter(Stuart Peters 76m):Subs not used Bobby Bryant;Sam Hunter;Wayne Hewitt.

Falmouth goal-Andy Bowker penalty 54min after Chris Sully hand ball when Liskeard cleared their lines

Liskeard goal-Miles Easton slotted home from a Joe Eke pass when Falmouth failed to clear a corner after 59 mins.

Bookings

LA-Neil Kinsman 40m foul;Miles Easton 51m/ Matt Godfree sent off for a clash on Tom Hunter 53m

FT- Shaun Halford two yellows 78m foul and 87m = RED

Referee-Simon Mann Plymouth

Assistants Chris Evans and Andy Maynard both Plymouth

Playing down the slope Falmouth had the better of a dour first half and 10 man Liskeard were far busier in an incident packed second.

Keeper Ian Baker was not tested throughout apart from an early grub shot from Squires and the penalty whereas Chris Symons made two crucial saves in th latter part of the match.

Making his debut for Falmouth today was Spanish Felipe Rodgriguez (previous club ???)

On the way home from Lux Park we began taxing our minds to recall other foreign players who have played for Falmouth

There was a Platonis of Greece in 1951,

Eno Udo- Nigeria (1984-89);

Kris Anderssen-Denmark 1993-94;

Kim Nissen-Denmark 1993-94;

Gunnar Garfors -Norway 1995-96;

Jonas Almen -Sweden 1998-99;

X Sammy Leonce USA?? 1991-92 X

There must be others to add

Yes you are right Tommy

I have just researched the 1988 Calgary Winter Olympic games and he (Alec Leonce) was in the GB TWO man bobsleigh team which finished 12th out of 41 countries.

I trust you are pleased with the County Youth team today.

Reading Dave D's report it sounds like top rate entertainment.

Mike i believe there was a guy who played for town called Mark Smith who at the time was a current Australian international player (could be wrong on this one but pretty confident)back in the early eighties.Have had a few bevvies so could be dreaming this LOL.

Hi Gary- I remember a Mark Smith (in the Dave Wadd era) who was a Camborne Lions boy who then played for Bristol City before moving to Australia.

Also on the same theme do you remember Andy Malcolmson who joined Town from Culdrose (Late 60's early 70's)

There was a Sam Malcolmson who represented New Zealand in the 1982 World Cup finals in Spain and there was talk that he could have been the same person-I have my doubts.

Yes, Mike, our game was pretty entertaining but they always are.

Both sides were fairly evenly matched. We went down early on to a soft goal which was disappointing but got a deserved equaliser which was "Van Bastenesque".

Overall there's no doubt we had the lions share of chances and we ought to have done better which would have settled us down and allowed us to play with some extra fluency. But all the time it stayed at 1-1 it could have gone either way.

Thanks to Penryn FC for their hospitality and to a reasonable crowd who gave us great support, I hope they all enjoyed it enough to come again at Saltash in 2 weeks time to see us again.

there was a player called Kai Klines. i think i got the name right? It was about the same time that Gunnar Garfors played. Kai played in seconds but was given his chance coming on at Okehampton for Dave Ball first team? But soon left to play professional football in America! Any info?

Mike,

Wayne lived around the Torquay area as I recall, so I guess it's probably him. He was also English I think but from some kind of eastern extraction I would think by his name!

Any one know what happened to Eno Udo? I played with him at Falmouth and Penzance, he trained as an architect at Plymouth that's how Dave Wadd got to know of him and signed him at Penzance.

He came back from Nigeria some years back and lived in Redruth as he'd got a job in the town, but after that I lost touch with him. What a great bloke!

• 1 month later...
Guest ECPL Supporter

times nust be bad wen all you can talk about is what happened not whats happening. lets face it Falmouth are poor. change is needed!

Who 1st????