14 Cullompton Rangers 6 3 0 3 13 8 5 9

15 Witheridge 9 1 3 5 8 13 -5 6

16 Liskeard Athletic 7 2 0 5 8 15 -7 6

17 Newton Abbot (P) 7 2 0 5 10 19 -9 6

18 Holsworthy 10 1 1 8 9 38 -29 4

19 Elburton Villa 8 1 0 7 8 21 -13 3

20 Falmouth Town 7 1 0 6 7 20 -13 3

Any one of ten could win it this year!

I have to say, with the side like we had with Glynn, Gozzy, Burts, Street, etc we would have seen St Blazey win 5 or 6 nil. Havnt seen a really good team yet. Will you come over to Falmouth on Friday night Hansome Dan? I cant imagine you work late on a friday!!! :yahoo:

what you saying paulie,if games were 60 mins not 90 blazey would be contenders?maybe a fitness problem then?Is standard good or bad for so many teams to be in contention?At least it makes league interesting unlike west division which penzance will walk :c:

Have to disagree with you here Handsome Dan. Ok, PZ had 2/3 players unavailable yesterday but I dont see enough there currently to run away with the league. It is early days and the management trio are still trying to gel a team of new players together but from what I have seen they are far from a finished article and I personally believe a couple of new faces will arrive to strengthen the squad in the near future as Mr Mewton wont accept too many more performances like yesterday's. That said PZ have some quality youngsters being given their chance at the moment.

St Austell proved they are more than capable of competing with PZ or any team in their league (and league above having already beaten Newton Abbott) and providing they can turn draws into wins they will be 'up there' when it counts. Two young exciting players to watch the development of at St Austell are Olly Brokenshire and Josh Higman- bright futures and both under 18 with Olly still only 16!

One thing to note yesterday that I found incredible was that the Ref told his Assistant Referees before the game not to flag for any infringement, foul, incident ect they see on the pitch during the game claiming he would not miss a thing!! When the assistants were prompted to bring infringments to the Referees attention by playes, coaches and supporters, they answered with "we are'nt allowed"!!! Never heard anything like this before and surely 3 pairs of eyes are better than 1 arent they?? Even the 2 assistants were shocked and mythed by this and needless to say the Ref did miss things!

thought we deserved to win that yesterday and with PZ only having one shot in the second half, thought we would have should have made a bit more of our dominance. As you said Lafs, if we can turn draws into wins we will be up there at the end of the season. Hopefully now we have stopped leaking so many goals, we'll have the confidence to go and finish teams of.

On the subject of the ref, I thought he done a decent job. Ye, I know he missed a few things and should have stamped on Cheesy's persistent bad tackles but overall he let the game flow and ran the game with calm authority.

Did you notice that most of the PZ players wanted to lay into Josh Higman! I wonder why they didn't fancy it with the likes of Leaner?

lafs... i agree that present pz side are,nt at present a particularly good side,my assumption that they will win the league is based on the budget for the club which as you say will result in better players coming in if they start to faulter .Also am sure that teams challenging will all take points off each other.

paulie.... already made date in my diary"relegation clash" at falmouth on fri night,must get there early as st blazey may go home after an hour :thumbsup:

firry jack....you can,t compare present town and pz sides with legendary sides from the past,they were south western league champions,not pen league WEST contenders which consists of the weaker swl sides and ecpl/combo sides. :c:

Handsome Dan: I realise that there is no real comparism I just wondered when the last time we were both in contention at the top of the league was. I saw Richard Stanley (ex PZ captain) this morning and he said that in the 1970s he always relished St Austell games as being competitive and in front of decent crowds: just lie yesterday then.

I hope you are not having a pop at the Devon Clubs Mr Chairman. They are in the Premier Division on merit, maybe a couple should not be due to the ground facilities. Its not all about Cornwall. If clubs are good enough then they should be playing top flight football where ever they are located.

It is good to see St Austell doing so well. Good luck to them for the rest of the season.

John Elliot is still entertaining the crowd (and me) at Poltair Park, but now with his Lino's flag! doing a good honest job for us at Town and good to see so many like him working hard and supporting the club trying to get it back where it should be.

Great crowd yesterday, nice to see we can still temped a few through the gates even when it's beach weather!

Hedgerow...i think youll find that the Chairman is pointing out the fact that the crowds at St Blazey this season have been very poor but all weve played against on every home saturday is teams from Devon like Clyst, Dartmouth etc. Not one of these clubs has managed to bring more than 6 fans....yes, just 6!! Woeful. The like of St Austell would bring a crowd of 350 to Blaize Park at least. Newquay also bring a good following with the flags and Pz always adds a few to the gate. Nothing against the Devon sides at all but they do nothing for the crowds at St Blazey.

No Josh didnt have it all his way against Jonny Ludlam as he wasnt used enough as an out and out winger that he is in my opinion, but he did cause him problems when he was fed. I think Josh WILL go on to cause the best defenders in Cornwall massive headaches in the near future though!

Lot of games and points to be played for but on yesterdays evidence St Austell have a stronger in depth and more resillient squad than most peoples choice as favourites for the league, PZ. Saying that, they dont have the resources of PZ this season, so will be interesting to watch TM move to strengthen his side soon. I'd say Port, Callington and also Newquay will play their part in the destiny of the of the league winners this season too.

So both West and Prem league up for grabs this season I think.

You could be right there Sir Alex although I'd be quick to point out that its proven over the years that Nanks contribution to Bods goals is crucial even if he doesnt score many himself. Dont forget that Liam Dingle is a natural goal scorer as he proved in an average Newquay side last season. That said, can we see him getting enough opportunities in his favoured position in order to contribute?? Im not so sure.

I know of a few clubs showing interest in him including one from the Peninsula Premier and sure he wants regular action.

There is no doubting Nanks ability, it just seems that as a striker he should be judged on goals scored. Scott Anseel played 25 minutes for Town this season and notched, Nanks seems to be suffering a crisis of confidence. As for Liam, he must be growing impatient with his lack of starting chances up top, he too may be the next out of the exit door, following James Avery who, I heard on Saturday, is leaving in search of first team action. If these 2 were both to leave it would surely leave Towns squad very thin on numbers, with a decent starting XI with very little (sorry Chappers) on the bench to come on and change a game so to speak.

There is no doubting Nanks ability, it just seems that as a striker he should be judged on goals scored. Scott Anseel played 25 minutes for Town this season and notched, Nanks seems to be suffering a crisis of confidence. As for Liam, he must be growing impatient with his lack of starting chances up top, he too may be the next out of the exit door, following James Avery who, I heard on Saturday, is leaving in search of first team action. If these 2 were both to leave it would surely leave Towns squad very thin on numbers, with a decent starting XI with very little (sorry Chappers) on the bench to come on and change a game so to speak.

In that case Sir Alex it will be of one persons concern and task to either keep his squad happy or face the task of finding replacements and that in all cases Sir, is the responsibility of the teams manager. And whilst on that point, if Liam and Avery were to follow Scott that would only leave young Olly Brokenshire and Josh Higman from the list that the manager personally brought to the club at the beginning of the season!! Oh sorry, and Chappers! (Sorry Chappers!)

Interesting but FACT. ;)

Lafs.

Sir Alex,

Lack of confidence or not the best of starts to the season.......I suggest that you come and watch before talking utter bullshit.

And as you know Ive never been a goalscorer and I never will be but I work my socks off and create goal scoring chances for my team mates which I am happy to do.

Will hopefully see you up at Poltair soon

ha,ha.nanks has never been an out and out goal scorer,but give him a chance and he will put it away.his contributions around the pitch are priceless and has prob assisted 1/2 my goals this season.just moans a lot thats his problem!!!!!

beaver,i heard glyn has recalled you from your loan spell at sticker!!!

My point is that a striker is judged first and foremost by the goals scored column at the end of the season. Whilst not knocking the contribution you make to the team the fact remains that the goals are only coming from one place. If you were to lose Bods (a class act by the way) then surely we would be looking at a midtable team, not one chasing honours. As for the players leaving, this surely must be a concern, if Avers and Dingle leave, as well as Douglas being injured, where is the depth in the squad???

• 6 months later...