Cornwall Football Forum

Falmouth-Helston League Results - Saturday August 23rd

Div 1

Mousehole 1 Falmouth Town 1 h/t 0-1

Well contested match which could have gone either way as both teams missed many chances.

Ross Bowden put Town ahead about ten minutes before half-time with a swerving shot into the top corner giving the home custodian no chances.

The equaliser came in the 60th minute from the predatory Jowan May,who scored with his first touch,being in the right place to tap in when the ball rebounded from the crossbar after coming on as a substitute.

Best of luck to the teams who both tried to play football throughout and to their managers(James - Mousehole & Jay - Falmouth Town).Thanks to Mousehole for the hospitality.

Pleasure to referee both teams.

Guest NORTHERNB*****D

Just want to say well done to the boys(FAL ATH) on a great result yesterday. What a great start to the season considering we went to st keverne with a few players missing.

23/08/08

FHFL 2

Carharrack AFC 1 Camborne Park 8

Some might say I write my reports with rose tinted glasses but not this one.

They say football is a game of two half’s and Carharrack were quite simply awful in both of them. The most passionless performance ever witnessed on a Carharrack pitch, Camborne Park went away worthy winners demolishing the home side 8-1 in this woeful FHFL 2 encounter. The match started well but after 10 mins Park took the lead, resulting in the instant dropping of Carharrack's heads who last week played some wonderful football. The visitors took full advantage of Carharrack’s lack of fighting spirit and relentlessly placed the ball into the back of the net, taking a 5 nil lead before the interval. Carharrack did take a consolation goal in the final moments but if one positive could be taken from the game I must of missed it. It can only get better!