FIVE-A-SIDE TOURNAMENT

TO BE HELD AT THE SPORTS GROUND

VOGUE ST DAY

ON

SUNDAY 10TH AUGUST 2008

For an entry form please contact

Adrian Walters: 01209 217795

Entry fee: £15.00 per team

All teams must be registered on the day by 10.30 a.m.

Mind you ... there's not much difference in standard between Combo and FHFL 1 anyway

i would have to completely dissagree with you on that one, we beat FHFL 1 champz today (well i think they were?lol) quite comfortably-the scoreline of 2-1 didnt do us justice and we had our left back Aaron Clarke in goal as our normal No.1 came down with a stomach bug as he arrived. well played Chacewater by the way and big well played to Clarkey!!! like a cat in the sticks!!

Guest Garry Kay

"Left back in goal."

Makes no difference. Every team faces problems on match day.

Excuses don't win cups.

Why do you assume Chacewater had their strongest team out?

Penalty or not. A goal's a goal. You don't get extra points in football for artistic merit.

Missed chances. Better quality players don't miss chances.

So, at the end of the day ... there was only one goal in it.

That's as close as it gets.

Ha ha big no. 5, (i suspect Fraggs) yea im sure Im good enough still but have not been enjoying my football of late. And after completing the hat trick of combo runners up medals this season and at my increasing age I decided to try and get some winners medals and thought Mawnan would give a good chance of having fun and, touch wood, winning trophies! :clapper:

5 a-side and 11a-side are 2 completely different games and ive seen many skillful players look the bee's knees on a small 5 a-side pitch but not look anywhere near as good on a 11 a-side pitch.

Not only that but Redruth Utds succesful 5 a-side oufit contains barely any actual Redruth Utd players and in fact does contain a couple of senior boys so there you go!!! :c:

Garry.......you should be a tabloid paper editor! Talk about trying to sell copy. I've just come back onto the forum after a few days off, and whilst this has made me smile, you are slightly inaccurate, as One and A Six has also identified........

The club has won the trophy for the last 2 tournaments, but to call this a victory for Mining League Football vs the rest is slightly short of the mark.

To clarify:

When we won in 2006, the team contained myself (Mining League & Redruth Utd), Simon Inwards (Mining League & former Redruth Utd), Scott Whitney (Combo & Former Redruth Utd), Stu Smeeth (Mining), Danny Andrewartha (Mining), Justin Searle (Combo).

Last year, we won with myself (Mining.....just...lol), Stu Smeeth (Mining), Barry McCabe (Mining & Redruth Utd), Jake Williams (Mining & Redruth Utd), Dean Blatch (Peninsula), Jason Barber (Peninsula).

A good mix, and on both occasion we could not have done this without my team mates from 'the other leagues'.

Also...to my good friend One and A Six, I would hardly call an outfit that contained current and previous Redruth Utd players with over 300 appearances between them (myself excluded for obvious reasons, otherwise it would skew the figures too much) as being a team that contains "barely any Redruth Utd players". Last year there were 3 of us!

Smithy we had 4 of our key players missing from last year and most of us where playing out of normal positions, and saying that mikey elliot missed three good opportunities, then we played newquay combo who i thought where a lot better side than illogan with our strongest tean out and beat them 3 -1 so i agree with gary kay combo and fal/hel are as close as it gets....

Smithy we had 4 of our key players missing from last year and most of us where playing out of normal positions, and saying that mikey elliot missed three good opportunities, then we played newquay combo who i thought where a lot better side than illogan with our strongest tean out and beat them 3 -1 so i agree with gary kay combo and fal/hel are as close as it gets....

Even though you struggled to get the ball off us??

Anyway, like i have already said-well played Chacewater and thanks for the game

as for newquay being better-we shall soon find that out-they are our first league match.

Guest Garry Kay

Darren ... I did used to be a tabloid newspaper editor and, as you've probably guessed, it's all about keeping the 5 a-side tournament on the top of the discussion board for publicity purposes.

See you soon

Ha ha big no. 5, (i suspect Fraggs) yea im sure Im good enough still but have not been enjoying my football of late. And after completing the hat trick of combo runners up medals this season and at my increasing age I decided to try and get some winners medals and thought Mawnan would give a good chance of having fun and, touch wood, winning trophies! :clapper:

gillio its not all about winning medals,mine are all in a big black bin bag out in the shed,missis said they are a dust collectors,as long as you injoy your football and have great fun with your mates thats all that matters :drink: :clapper:

Read again TMM, i say in my post that i didnt enjoy much of last season and thats why i have moved. Previously played at Mawnan and know what a great club it is and i will feel young in the changing room again!!!! Im not allowed to keep the medals on show, not in front room anyway, but would like to have some team winners before i hang the boots up! :D

Read again TMM, i say in my post that i didnt enjoy much of last season and thats why i have moved. Previously played at Mawnan and know what a great club it is and i will feel young in the changing room again!!!! Im not allowed to keep the medals on show, not in front room anyway, but would like to have some team winners before i hang the boots up! :D

thats my eyes mate at my age cant see that well,say hello to damo,and paul murry for me thanks.

Guest Garry Kay

This year's winners were The Village People ... a team including players from Truro FC, St Day FC and Holmans FC. The beaten finalists were Jollys, who compete in the Carn Brea 5-a-side League.

Last year's winners Redruth United were beaten quarter-finalists.