Cornwall Football Forum

FRIENDLY RESULT

Guest Ronin

Perranporth 7 - 3 Truro City :yahoo:

Perran scorers: Gosling, Cain, Rowsen, Andrew, Salmon, Stapleton, Harris

Perranporth team: B Mitchell, E Brown, B Goldring, J Miles, M Cain, D Harris, I Gosling, S Moustrides, R Rowsen, L Wort, B Hawke (SUBS: M Salmon, R Stapleton, J Andrew)

The next Perranporth friendly is on Wednesday 23rd July at St Blazey (7.30 kick off I think)

and there we have for the first time in their history the Jollys Cornwall Combination League Winners!

thats some side that Perran have got. Is that Ben Mitchell in goal? John's boy? great to see a youngster in there as well.

Ronin, who was in the Truro side?

Guest Ronin

Hi Darren, Ben will actually be our Reserves goalkeeper and was standing in for Andy Butcher who was unable to play. Ben did a great job and made some great saves, I think our Reserves are in safe hands with him there.

Unfortunately I don't know the Truro line-up as there were ever such a lot of them!!! I can say though that their 2 goalies, who played half a game each, did themselves proud and showed some real class. The game was played in good spirits and both teams seemed to really enjoy themselves.

Guest Ronin

That's a bit harsh Smithy, it was only a friendly after all, and I think it was Truro's Reserve team as some of them were quite young.

Think the weak links are my mate Justin, can't defend.. and Brian Hawke, no pace, Andy Buther...poor all round!!

Yes I am joking!! Looks a class side and I wish them all the best for the season. My money would be on them but think Porthleven will have a lot to say about it come the end of the season.

At least it will give the supporters something to cheer about rather than abusing the oppostion.

As the Mother in law lives in Perranporth I look forward to playing you in the season and stopping out after for a few beers with some old friends..... only down side is got to stop with the mother in law.....!!!

Has last seasons team dropped down, there were some really good players there?

Good to see Elliott Brown back in the first team at perran, couple of seasons ago he was like grease lightning down the wing and a nightmare to defend against. I wonder if the change of personnel will motivate him to return to that form? Good luck to him and Perran, as Darren said, looks like we have just had a sniff of the team that the others will have to beat this season. :c:

Guest Ronin

Doubt it Smithy as we've now got a few to add to the 8 that you've got so I think it was quite a new squad. Just don't think you should write them off a month befroe the season starts that's all. They gave us a good game on the night :D

Doubt it Smithy as we've now got a few to add to the 8 that you've got so I think it was quite a new squad. Just don't think you should write them off a month befroe the season starts that's all. They gave us a good game on the night :D

oh ok Ronin,jus coz its u thats sayin it! :D

sorry truro :P

Guest Ronin

oh ok Ronin,jus coz its u thats sayin it! :D

sorry truro :P

:D:D:D

Yes A One And A Six it was on the 3G astro at Camborne College. Nice surface although a bit shorter than we're used to a Perran.