Cornwall Football Forum

PROBUS NEW MANAGER

It would appear not I read it on the 'this is cornwall' web site under one of the newspapers and it says he is the new manager and will work alongside Paddock who I assume becomes his assistant.

Problem is I cant find the story anymore as it takes ages to trawl through.

Is Robbie Stephens the new Probus manager the same Stephens who played for Tamarside last season?

I suspect, ECLP, it's the Robbie Stephens that was manager at Truro City before the Heaney take-over as well as previously at Penzance (twice).

Robbie would have known Tony for years.

:D

Guest ECPL Supporter

There wasn't a Robbie Stephens at Tamarside was there? I'm struggling to think of any Stephens at Tamarside? We are on about their ECPL team aren't we?

Guest Robbie

The Robbie Stephens that played for Tamarside, or supposedly did last season was at Millbrook a couple of seasons ago, when I was managing Penzance in the Carlsberg SWL. he was useful and caused us a few problems at the time. He'd be more than welcome to come and play for his namesake down here at Probus. To clear things up for those of you that are interested. I will be joint manager with Tony this coming season. It was something that happened out of the blue really. I did'nt intend going back into management when I left Truro City, but ended up back at Penzance the season before last. After leaving there I had no intention of going back into it ever again. I watched one game all last season & that was Probus v Truro City in the senior cup. I felt I was'nt missing it really, so felt that at nearly 50 did I need all the aggro of chasing players etc. I'm one of thse people who puts my heart & soul into everything I do, I'm not at Probus just for something to do. I'm there to try & move this club forward. I have done this in the past with both Penzance and Truro. After talking with TP, he decided things needed a bit of a freshen up, we've been mates since our schooldays at Penryn. He asked me to be joint manager with him, that did'nt bother me, I would've been happy just to help him out, he's the one who suggested the joint thingy. However, I think now it's given both of us a burning desire to succeed & hopefully we'll do just that. I'd like nothing more than to get Probus up into the SWPL & that will be the main aim from day one. The ECPL is a good league & it will be a difficult task, I'd like to think we'll be competetive from the start, but it may take a bit of time to get the side playing the style of football that'll suit the squad of players we have. It's a suck it and see thing at first. We have some good youngsters at the club & I quite like having younger players as it's a bit easier to mould them into the type of player you require. Obviously experienced players are necessary & if you can get the blend right it could & should work very well. I'm looking forward to the challenge ahead & if any of my old players at PZ or Truro fancy having their ears chewed off by me again then come on over, also anybody who fancies playing for a club that's smack bang in the middle or the county and have never been unlucky enough to have had me as their manager before, your chanc is now shining lads. :D Good luck to all players and all clubs for the new season. Football is a simple game made difficult by idiots like ourselves! Robbie. :c: