Cornwall Football Forum

KEMPY Ding dong whos gone down the well

so many clubs after what Perranwell have, they are throwing pound after pound to finally fail at the finshing post ,,,,,,,what is the Perranwell secret ,,,,,,,, Is it Rachels TEA ,,,,,,,,,,, lol or is it the great team and club spirit ,,,, Managers Come and Go at clubs in the Combo but at Perranwell "Fish" goes marchin on on on how many great local players started at the well and how many made it all the way to the top full time football ,,,,,,,, Has fish managed to keep his dynamic "duo" those two assistants from last season come on Kempy lets hear it all every one must want to give Perranwell ago this season just to give the money clubs a run for there money if you know football you have to have, at least ONE season down the well !!!!!!!!!

VINNY JONES not really sure what your on about saying about the perranwell . I TAKE IT your on about the first team cause the management system down there is ****. apart from garry howles the rest only care about the FIRST TEAM. CALLED IT A CLUB WELL WHAT A LOAD OF TOSH. more like 2 clubs first team do there thing and the seconds do there's and as for frank gardners training im sorry. sorry if it offends but its my own thoughts.

COME ON THE SECOND TEAM

As a long serving Perranwell player I feel I have to respond to Murphys comments. I don't see any division in the club between both teams. Both the reserves and first team players train together, support each other & to my knowledge seem to get on off the pitch. Players have the opportunity to progress from the reserves to the first team if they merit it and subsequently go from the first team to the reserves.

There are loads of people within Perranwell that continually work hard to keep this village club punching above its weight season after season. Frank is just one of these people that puts a great deal of time and effort into the club and to criticise him is very harsh indeed. Your very welcome to your opinions Murphy but I think you're well off the mark here.

Perranwell is a great place to play football, which I'm sure all the quality players that have played here will testify.

COME ON PERRANWELL FIRST AND SECOND TEAMS.

sorry tj but when does a first team player go to the seconds its never happened in my time. answer me this deano scored nearly fourty goals for the seconds this year and the only chance he got to play for the first team was when they were short and the seconds did not have a game so you telling me he never merited a place in the first team. or was it because he didnt want to play if so why was that?.

Got to agree with Murphy on this. Frank does not even know my name and i have been at Perranwell for a number of years he just calls me Beattie as that is the name on the back of my old Everton shirt, the guy really needs to pick up some people skills and take notice of the 2nds as there are the local boys and are really the back bone of the club!!!!

The club as a whole could really be a force, well last season showed that as the we both done well in our leagues but we might as well be 2 completely different teams, and sorry TJ which members of the 2 teams really get on off the pitch???? It took the p*ss when the 2nds had to pay for training last season up Truro school and 1st team did'nt some CLUB spirt that is!!!!

I agree with tj one of the best clubs i have had the privilege to play for the three seasons i had with the mighty Fish where my most successful winning everything there is to win at senior level (oops sorry didn't win the senior cup) the only mistake fish made was not taking the game against Goonhavern seriously enough dropping three or four key players to rest them as denty let fish know at the end of the season we could have won that too. Eh not bad for a village side.

How are you Bambi saw the photo of you with grits at glastonbury.

Well done Tommi the Shelley brothers did play for a short while, but thats not what this is about! Its more the way people in the 2nd team are treated by the first team/mangament and how we are second rate citizens and all the club is worried about is the 1st team, even tho the 2nds got promotion to FHL1 but that was the hard of the 2nd team and the manager Gary Howell!!!!

very true deano and dont forget olly harper as no2 and roger the sponge man and mr gibb i bet you ask any of them i have named and they would agree. come on bambi you know that yourself it was said to you last year when your boys came. if i am right even casey tried to explain it once at a presentation evening how it is not 2 clubs its one but he was told he is wasting is time. another issue food after a home game for the first team. and i was told today they dont pay subs for the likes of the kit being cleaned. is that right tj or bambi.

Sometimes it has to be aired!!! But i suppose it happens at every club but like i said if both teams pulled them selfs together we would have a very good squad of players but it does not work like that!!!

But then again Soccer Follower you don't have to comment do ya?

I hear jon blundel is NOT signing for Perranwell this season....

Your ear can't be that close to ground then kido

As far as this thread goes i think it de-railed some time ago.

The divide between 1st and 2nd teams at perranwell is not a myth. It is true, but only to an extent. The teams do train together and there is movement of players between the sides. However, i think it's the individuals attitude that affects this.

If you believe there is a divide you'll create one.

As unaware as Frank can be to criticism, nobody can bad mouth him. It angers me to think people can actually genuinely say a bad word about Frank Gardner.The guy has put himself out for training and saturdays every week and all people can do is criticise. He dedicates his spare time to planning sessions as well as everything on a saturday and does it with enthusiasm and a smile on his face.

Clive Jones' contribution to the club must not be overlooked whilst we're here. He genuinely cares about the progress of every player at Perranwell and although he may come across as a loud mouth drunkered with his posts on here under the alias of "vinny jones", he is a decent bloke who's had a massive impact at the club since his arrival. He'd be an assest to any club.

The 2nd team management is no different. Gary's a top bloke. He looks after all the lads in the 2nds and is never afraid to mention their progress to fish. He runs the line and sorts everything out and the 2nds have had a very good year. Ollie's presence is also just as important.

People can't be coming on here and abusing the management or anyone else at Perranwell. They do an amazing job each week and as TJ and Bambi pointed out Perran have managed some great success this season as well as in the past. Perran's a small club and to have achieved what they have over the years without paying players or having much in the way of financial freedom is outstanding.

These are small problems that are getting out of proportion and making the club look weak.

I'll just like to respond to the remarks about Perranwell's 1st team,the two people who slagged the 1st team r they jealous because they can't get in.Secondly about paying to train they r a senior side,thirdly about the food supplied it is kindy given to them, who a certain player asked the business for.And as for Franks training did they find hard if NOT whh don't they put all their effort in supporting the club instead of trying to destroy what they r trying to achieve for the club NOT just the 1st team. :angry2:

can i just say that no i am not jealous of playing first team because my mates all play second team and the fact that i was training with them for 3 seasons frank gardner did not speak once to me. like i say these are my thoughts on the matter. i just feel that apart from gary theyseem to concentrate more on the first team.

which i feel is wrong. and the fact that if its true why should they not pay for when were training at truro school. surely thats wrong if its a so called club.

The best person at Perranwell is the lady who runs the t-hut and used to take the money in the wooden box.

I only see her once or twice a year when Perran play Pz but I get friendly banter, a bit of gossip about the team and a decent brew.

Another chap who should be praised is the chap who runs the line for the 1st team. Perran through and through.

Instead of moaning about this and that you players should be greatful people like that are there week in week out or you wouldn't have a club.

CTB

I WONDER IF YOU BOYS WOULD BE ON HERE SLAGGING OFF THE TRAINER IF IT WAS SIMON OR BRIAN FISHER... ME THINKS NOT.

why are they the kray twins .

i have no links at all with perranwell and never have but surely making your seconds pay for training and not your firsts will cause problems . but gerrard 8 is right call a meeting and sort it

I WONDER IF YOU BOYS WOULD BE ON HERE SLAGGING OFF THE TRAINER IF IT WAS SIMON OR BRIAN FISHER... ME THINKS NOT.

why are they the kray twins .

i have no links at all with perranwell and never have but surely making your seconds pay for training and not your firsts will cause problems . but gerrard 8 is right call a meeting and sort it

the kray twins were nicer hee !!!! :c:

trearure parks if you won everything in senior football then where you hiding your south western league medal,charity cup medal, swpl medal, supp cup medal, evely cup medal, fa vase medal, fa cup medal and your golden boot? jump off your high horse , throw down that trumpet and join the rest of us scallywags

Well i have been off line for a day or so and which was a ? to me has stirred up a hornets nest!!

Well some of the comments were a bit personal and should not have been typed in the context of this. as it seems to be within the club that the above mentioned ( members of ) moans should have been brought up at the recent clubs A G M!

So slagging off their own clubs !!!! in public is a no no!!

I know all the members who have had their say and replies and i can honestly say that all of them i get on with and i like them too!!

With most clubs that have a senior 1st team and a junior 2nd team the problem arises with the reinstating of!!!!!! and if you are playing well for the 2nd team would you want to sit on the bench for the 1st team?? A tricky one?

I can see both sides and have been on them, but in the season i have my say on some matches that i watch but i haven't been here much in the close season to air my views in a way to induce bad feeling at a club that has a lot going for it!! Junior teams are now playing on the worst pitch in Cornwall!!!

I used to pay to play ! mark the pitch etc And lots more !! Do i moan? :c:

Seems very harsh that the 2nd team has to pay and the 1st dont. I know the 1st are a senior outfit but it doesnt make for a very club-like atmosphere i can imagine and i certainly wouldnt be very happy if i was at a club that instituted that rule.

Ive got no comment on other issues raised in this topic but this payment buisness seems out of order. :c: