Cornwall Football Forum

TCFC & Cornwall

Guest mr truro

Guest mr truro

Posting from This is Cornwall Website © What

Mr Heaney has done for Truro City is in the record books for all to see, as a Truro exile I occasionally return to the city, I have noticed a vibrancy about the place, an indication that somethings happening, the last time I experienced that was when Wycombe Wanderers journeyed from the Isthmian League level 4 (where Truro City are now) to the football league.

The Wanderers put High Wycombe in the limelight and it still reaps the rewards to this day, Truro City Football Club are doing that now for the City of Truro.

What can the Local Council do for Truro City Football Club and the youth of Cornwall in return? - That's Easy - approve the academy site, almost all clubs Truro City will be competing with this and in future seasons have an academy.

IF Mr Heaney were to walk away tomorrow, he would have my 100% approval for what he has given to so many of us, however, I do not think Kevin is likely to do that. Thanks Mr H two great signings. Ivor Marshall, High Wycombe commented on 16-Jun-2008 02:42

Well Ivor, much as City's efforts should be applauded, I think you'll find any vibrancy in Cornwall now is down to the thousands of people that have shifted down here in recent Years, nothing to do with football.

Similarly,Wycombe was known and loved/hated long before the football rose a step or to.

I think City would be far better loved/respected if fewer people came on making silly claims on their behalf.

Guest plainmoor

What an absolutlely pointles post (same as mr truros others in fact), truro are doing all they do for truro, not cornwall and nobody else, you don't read about ipswich doing it for suffolk do you or even yeovil doing it for somerset, truro are doing it for themselves, and mr heaney is doing it for himself.

Lets be honest mr heaney is a self centred egotristic yuppie, who has a passion for football and has a dream of creating a team to compete at the highest level he can get them to, we wouldn't have football clubs as we know it today if we didnt have the likes of mr heaney and that is to be applauded.

My only gripe with the club is the way that they about things, their PR is rubbish and tacky and pee'd a lot of people off, last year was 'the next game is the biggest in teh club's history' this season it was 'the first cornish club' what in store for next season???

We've already seen radio cornwall switch aligence from local clubs to truro, why cover a team that only gates around 500? when there are more supporters of cornish football than there are of truro? Maybe ms' vardy and her lightning quick reaction to drop onto her knees has something to do with it.

The senior cup is now boring, it contains real teams and truro the result is known by everyone before the season starts, it doesn't generate the hype it used to. but then I guess their hands are tied by CCFA who state that teams MUST enter the competition and that they MUST play their strongest team. (Oooooh if people could just go along to the ccfa agm and propose and vote on rule changes) but that would see the authority of the ccfa undermined and their glory hunting and prawn sandwich allowance cut, wouldn't it?

The Wanderers put High Wycombe in the limelight and it still reaps the rewards to this day, Truro City Football Club are doing that now for the City of Truro.

Mr Truro your post says it all Truro are doing it for the good of Truro NOT Cornwall :P

What an absolutlely pointles post (same as mr truros others in fact), truro are doing all they do for truro, not cornwall and nobody else, you don't read about ipswich doing it for suffolk do you or even yeovil doing it for somerset, truro are doing it for themselves, and mr heaney is doing it for himself.

Lets be honest mr heaney is a self centred egotristic yuppie, who has a passion for football and has a dream of creating a team to compete at the highest level he can get them to, we wouldn't have football clubs as we know it today if we didnt have the likes of mr heaney and that is to be applauded.

My only gripe with the club is the way that they about things, their PR is rubbish and tacky and pee'd a lot of people off, last year was 'the next game is the biggest in teh club's history' this season it was 'the first cornish club' what in store for next season???

We've already seen radio cornwall switch aligence from local clubs to truro, why cover a team that only gates around 500? when there are more supporters of cornish football than there are of truro? Maybe ms' vardy and her lightning quick reaction to drop onto her knees has something to do with it.

The senior cup is now boring, it contains real teams and truro the result is known by everyone before the season starts, it doesn't generate the hype it used to. but then I guess their hands are tied by CCFA who state that teams MUST enter the competition and that they MUST play their strongest team. (Oooooh if people could just go along to the ccfa agm and propose and vote on rule changes) but that would see the authority of the ccfa undermined and their glory hunting and prawn sandwich allowance cut, wouldn't it?

what a load of ****,asual you never attended the fianl,even as a truro man,saltash should have won it,so the result is never a forgone conclusion,but then what more do we expect from you :c:

Guest plainmoor

[what a load of ****,asual you never attended the fianl,even as a truro man,saltash should have won it,so the result is never a forgone conclusion,but then what more do we expect from you :c:

Sorry tms no9 but i've deleted your posting. You may feel Plainmoor's comments deserved a reply, and yes, you have that right to comment, but sorry the wording used is not really what we need to see on here.

I actually have to say that although I don't often agree with Plainmoor's thoughts, I think this time he's spot on!

Yes, the Senior Cup Final did prove to be a tight affair, with Saltash being unlucky to lose, but the fact is that we all know Truro will reach the final - it's just a question of who will be their opponents. And although over recent seasons, although Truro have probably had as difficult games against fellow Cornish sides as any, as they climb higher up the Pyramid system, the gap will eventually become more evident and even more of a foregone conclusion that they will be in the final.

I can not see the Southern League allowing a free Saturday for Truro to compete in the Senior Cup as there are 42 league games to fit in.

The 3rd round date of 6th. Dec. has been kept free on Truro City reserves fixture list.

If Truro wish to play their Senior Cup in midweek and for instance may be drawn away to a club without lights would the CCFA break the rules to reverse the tie or could the opponents be bought to switch?

eg.please can we call our league game off at Winchester City because we have been drawn away to Ludgvan.

Sorry tms no9 but i've deleted your posting. You may feel Plainmoor's comments deserved a reply, and yes, you have that right to comment, but sorry the wording used is not really what we need to see on here.

I actually have to say that although I don't often agree with Plainmoor's thoughts, I think this time he's spot on!

i didnt say i didnt agree with what he said i disagree with his comment saying

and i quote 'What an absolutlely pointles post (same as mr truros others in fact)' why is there any need to put that at all?

sorry for the bad words

With the name 'Plainmoor' and the picture of Torquay I think it is clear to see where his allegiances are.

There is one '!st' I am looking forward to - when the day comes [possibly not too far away] that Truro City become the 1st Cornish Club ever to beat Torquay United in a LEAGUE match.

Can't see Torquay dropping that far down the leagues! You'd better arrange a friendly...

[what a load of ****,asual you never attended the fianl,even as a truro man,saltash should have won it,so the result is never a forgone conclusion,but then what more do we expect from you :c:

Ah but I did see the final, ask 100 people at the start of the competition would would win it, and I bet the answer would have been truro, it's not about WHO should have won but who did win.

[plainmoor talking his usual ????

Elocuently put tms your family must be so proud..........

Both of you read the post again and again and bewteen the lines then you can post with an intelligent answer.

With the name 'Plainmoor' and the picture of Torquay I think it is clear to see where his allegiances are.

There is one '!st' I am looking forward to - when the day comes [possibly not too far away] that Truro City become the 1st Cornish Club ever to beat Torquay United in a LEAGUE match.

I think you will struggle to beat Taunton let alone Torquay !!!!! You can all dream though I suppose

Guest mr truro

Is it truro's fault that they have won the Cornwall Senior Cup the last 3 years, to win things you need that extra bit of quality, Truro City have got that in all departments, and when it comes down to it thats what wins you games Cups and Championships, just look at Germany tonight quality all over the park.