Cornwall Football Forum

PADSTOW STAY IN ECPL PREMIER DIVISION

They shouldn't have had an option.

They failed to fulfill fixtures and finished bottom before they were EXPELLED.

Why have a league structure where teams get promoted and relegated only for the league to change there minds half way through.

It will be nice to see where they get there players from to compete at that level next season

Its a shame the same committe isn't running the football League Leeds could have asked to stay in the championship last season.

Perhaps they could have got Tony Blair another 4 years or have 2 presidents in the White House

In the previous season Foxhole, Camelford and Dobwalls chose to move up into the SWPL (W). Bodmin and Padstow were given a repreive and Tamarside, Morwenstow, Biscovey and Lanreath were promoted into the Premier Division.

At the end of last season the league was expanded from 28 to 32 teams for the 2008-9 season.

Godolphin chose to take promotion to SWPL (W). Padstow were thrown out but because they had played more than 70% of their games the CCFA after an appeal by Padstow said they should not have been. This leaves Padstow in the Premier Division.

Under normal circumstances the bottom two clubs Bodmin and Padstow would have been relegated to Division One. They would have been replaced by the top two in Division One plus the next 3 teams. As a precedent had been set the previous season of no relegation and 4 teams promoted then it was never going to happen that Bodmin and Padstow were going to be relegated.

In fairness both teams were very poor and would have deserved to have been relegated. But the league must abide by the rules.

Bodmin and Padstow have been incredibly lucky and must make the most of this chance.

The worrying part is this 70% rule. All teams will be able to play just 21 league games out of a possible 30 and be able to stick two fingers up to the league and the CCFA and retain their league status.

I don't know if this is an FA directive which all leagues and clubs have to follow or is it just a CCFA thing. I don't recall CSWL having that rule. Perhaps Phil H can advise if that rukle applies in the SWPL

I don't know if this is an FA directive which all leagues and clubs have to follow or is it just a CCFA thing. I don't recall CSWL having that rule. Perhaps Phil H can advise if that rukle applies in the SWPL

I HAVE ASKED THIS QUESTION BEFORE. Does anyone know the answer?

Heard another rumour. Will St Columb Major fold next week as they still do not have a manager. Likewise St Newlyn East what if they cant find a manager?

At St. Newlyn East we've given ourselves a deadline to appoint a new manager and have received applications for the post already. Should we not appoint from any of these we have a contingency plan in place within our club to ensure we have a temporary manager in charge until we are able to appoint the right person ensuring we continue playing in senior football .

We are still inviting applications and anyone interested in finding out more should contact Ivor Rogers 01637 831268 or Martin Grigg 07786856245.

Jiggy

www.clubwebsite.co.uk/stnewlyneastfc

I hope you guys get it sorted. Even though it's a long drag down to you, your pitch it usually in good condition and I always feel welcome (until the game starts that is!!!), and you've a good bunch of lads. The food back at the pub is also good (unless Im left sorting everything out in the changing rooms and it's been put out before I get there!).

The same goes for St Columb, I always have good banter with a lot of the crowd behind the goal. I've not always had my best performances there though, maybe that's why they don't give me a harder time.