Cornwall Football Forum

Pre season training feedback.

Ideally as many pre season friendly matches as possible. I like to start with a relatively easier opponent and build yourself up as the team gets closer to 100% match fitness. Lets not forget some people tend to pile on the pounds over the summer so as many games as possible is great. We all know the first session back after the summer is a killer. I like the idea of having NO BALLS (FOOTBALLS) for the first few training sessions. Bleep tests?? Beach running.

Guest Ronin

Pre-season feiendlies are a must but it's always hard finding places to play. No-one wants to use their own pitch cos of repairs/seeding etc. To get round the Summer fitness drop Perran are only having a month off training before pre-season starts - should go down like a lead balloon with the players :D

Bill......you are a legend mate. Your humour always makes me laugh.

Look forward to seeing you when the season starts. Hope the leg is better

I think the word is "leg end". No more photographs. I was getting some very strange PMs - asking about my keks. I feared someone was grooming me.

The leg is coming on nicely. Just a bit sore in a couple of places. No problem for September (If I get back from Tonga)

Despite being in lowly Duchy 4 next season we are looking to hit the ground running so we started 5 weeks ago, this monday will be our 6th session.

We are alternating between a bleep test and a timed 800m race each week after a warm up to assess player fitness.

The rest of the session involves ball games working on specific areas were we need to improve as a team before ending in structured small sided games with certain objectives which again relate back to improving the way we play as a team. We'll be doing this for the next few weeks before moving on to set play practices that will be in place for the season before finally trying to get in around 10 friendlys before our first game in the league.

Despite being in lowly Duchy 4 next season we are looking to hit the ground running so we started 5 weeks ago, this monday will be our 6th session.

We are alternating between a bleep test and a timed 800m race each week after a warm up to assess player fitness.

The rest of the session involves ball games working on specific areas were we need to improve as a team before ending in structured small sided games with certain objectives which again relate back to improving the way we play as a team. We'll be doing this for the next few weeks before moving on to set play practices that will be in place for the season before finally trying to get in around 10 friendlys before our first game in the league.

This appears to me to be very close to cheating.

sounds just like tms 2nds training apart from we dont have a bleep test all tho id rather hear that noice then luffys gob!1 :thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup:

This appears to me to be very close to cheating.

How can this be seen as cheating?? If the sixes boys want to put that much effort into there training then goodluck to them and it will be interesting to see if they are succesful next season after putting in so much effort to hit the ground sprinting.Good luck I say :clapper: :thumbsup:

Guest postman pat

surely one of the most important parts of training is rest.

i know that the premiersix boys are very keen and good luck to them but there is a big danger of burn out and going stale from too long a season <_<

would you drive your car at 100miles an hour all the time? :unsure:

you have to respect your body and allow it to recover before you start training again that is why competitive football is banned for 1 whole month in the summer :c::drink::drink::drink: :drink:

Guest ECPL Supporter

i know that the premiersix boys are very keen and good luck to them but there is a big danger of burn out and going stale from too long a season <_<

you have to respect your body and allow it to recover before you start training again that is why competitive football is banned for 1 whole month in the summer :c::drink::drink::drink::drink:

Got to agree with you there P P. Not only do you suffer burn out come the run in, but you tend to lose your appetite cause you've been at it too long. Stay fresh that's what i think, then when you do start hit it hard. Friendly's are very important but i also think you can play too many of them. In my opinion 4 or 5 is about right, and try to play teams better than you. Again only my opinion but i think you learn more from a tough game that you might lose than winning 5 or 6 nil

you have to respect your body and allow it to recover before you start training again that is why competitive football is banned for 1 whole month in the summer :c::drink::drink::drink::drink:

Got to agree with you there P P. Not only do you suffer burn out come the run in, but you tend to lose your appetite cause you've been at it too long. Stay fresh that's what i think, then when you do start hit it hard. Friendly's are very important but i also think you can play too many of them. In my opinion 4 or 5 is about right, and try to play teams better than you. Again only my opinion but i think you learn more from a tough game that you might lose than winning 5 or 6 nil